1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

My pcp project

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by shipto, Sep 16, 2007.

1. shipto

shipto Active Member

I recently got hold of a copy of "The modern pneumatic airgun - H. M. Buckley" because I wanted to have a bash at making one for myself. So my cheapo BAM XS-B20 kindly volunteered to sacrifice itself, here's the barrel turned down to 12.5mm
    [​IMG]
    next is the part finished pellet probe, I wont turn the grips until I have it in place and have marked the best place for them.
    [​IMG]
    Then its the striker valve with its nylon and O ring glued on and the spring attached. I am not sure this is the best way to do this part and may before the end of the project make another, we shall see.
    [​IMG]
    Finally is part of the filling valve with the spring and O ring, nothing really special about this it lets me fill my gun.
    [​IMG]
    Next a picture of the parts so far all labelled
    [​IMG]
    And finally the assemblies so far
    [​IMG]

2. Vodster

Vodster Newbie

Be interesting to see how this develops - Keep us posted.

Vince

3. shipto

shipto Active Member

Only the one pic today but theres a lot of work in these bits (mostly due to having to make do with what I could get my hands on rather than the ideal sizes).
    The barrel block (I have decide to make the breech in 3 parts) has a radius milled out so it fits snug onto the tube which will contain the hammer. The barrel is a nice tight fit and I am thinking it will not need a O ring, some loctite should seal it very well. the front black bit is the air receiver and has yet to be drilled and tapped to accept the brass parts shown above.
    the striker valve housing will fit into the aluminium part of the hammer assembly, this is too long at present and once I have drilled and tapped the air receiver I will cut it down to suit.
    I still have other things to do with the parts shown this time but I decided to show them anyway.

4. shipto

shipto Active Member

Scrap last post I have decided now to make the breech a one piece after all. the main reason I wanted to make it in 3 sections was limited space on my tiny lathe to do the work.
    So heres the fruit of the lathe for today:
    1st pic shows the barrel end, I have been fortunate (or skillfull, you decide:D) in that once again the barrel is a nice tight fit. Also shown is the new pellet probe I made today which is a tighter fit into the 5.5mm bore.
    I still need to mill a 20mm opening down to the bore for me to place my pellets.

5. shipto

shipto Active Member

OK heres the latest progress picture. I have milled the breach so I can insert pellets and the pellet pushrod has a screw in the bottom so it cant come out now. Its not as smooth as I would like but I will probably solve that at a later date.
    I have started the hammer just need to decide which of the many springs I will use for it so I can turn the recess for it. Just under that is the end cap for the hammer housing.
    I was lucky enough to find a nice end piece for the pellet pushrod too.
    As you can see by the holes I have had all this together (forgot to take picture I am afraid) and it all goes together nicely. the main thing thats worrying me at the moment is the striker valve housing. Its not perfectly straight and I think there may be a kink along the length of these bits.

6. shipto

shipto Active Member

trigger assembly is almost done [​IMG] The mechanism still needs to be polished, hardened and repolished to make sure it does not bind but here are pics in cocked position and fired position.

7. shipto

shipto Active Member

silencer :)

8. dom

dom Well-Known Member

looking good shipto is everything going aswell as hoped.:up:

9. shipto

shipto Active Member

Its getting there. I have most of the bits made and ready to go. I have to remake the striker valve due to a little threading error but that wont take long once I have figured out where my daughter has thrown the die. Then it will be a case of charging it up.

10. shipto

shipto Active Member

Here we have most of the pieces together.
    I still have some things to make but its looking ok so far. there is a brace for the barrel, Although I am having second thoughts about that. I think the floating barrel style looks kinda neat but I spose they are real easy to bend like that. I put it together to see if there was a chance of reusing the old stock and I think it will work.

11. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

What happened?.
    Did it work?
    Did you scrap it??
    WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!!!!

12. sga 08

sga 08 Well-Known Member

what scilncer is that let me know but that is very very good job :up:

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

well he tried filling it with air:D
    [video=youtube;H1sS1TmXF38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sS1TmXF38&feature=related[/video]

14. shipto

shipto Active Member

Sorry folks but I have had to shelve this project for a while. Other things got in the way. I did fill it to 200bar with no problems and actually shot a few pellets through it.
    However after filling and shooting those few pellets the "O" ring seal blew and I tried many time to get a good seal with a solid striker valve. After many attempts the "other" things turned up and I have not got back to it.

SGA08 I made the silencer myself it is merely 2 ali ends, a bit of ali tube from a photocopier, 2 penny washers and 2 springs.

So as you can see I didnt blow myself up filling it:D

15. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

I sure glad that your work is better than your photos:D:D..just jidding mate

I personally do not like free floating as i think i am going to knock it somewhere and damage the breech or barrel.

Do you have any idea on how much air your tank will hold and at what BAR.?

Cannot wait for the follow up:)