1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

My other hobbie

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by supersavage, Jun 3, 2015.

1. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Just thought I'd post some pics up of my other hobbie (more like an addiction) which is hobby grade RC cars. I have owned a fair few and still own a few but I'll only post up the one that I mainly use at the moment and race in BRCA LSOR Nationals (link to there site if you want to have a look http://www.brca-lsor.org)

So here is my beasty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a Losi 5ive T 5th scale short course truck (I'll try and get some better shots of the chassis as I didn't realise how bad the light was)

If you guys want some more info on it let me know and I'll post it up. I'll also post up some videos from verious races.

2. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Oh and some pics with its fancy body that I had someone paint for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tatts

Tatts Posting Addict

One car I always fancied and never bought. For arguments sake tell me it's rubbish .. please :p ;)

4. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

One of the best cars ever and built like a tank. You should get one :p:D

5. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Great looking RC supersavage, I was into 1:16 RC Tanks, paint strip rebuild, battle damage them:eek::D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have a 1:8 and 1:10 buggy and truggy,not used them in ages, the 1:8 runs brushless and twin lipo :D

7. Donzo

Donzo Banned

think I will sell up from shooting and change my hobby.

8. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

I'll try and get some size comparison pics between 10th, 8th and this.

Mattysts some of the brushless powerd rc are crazy powerful I used to have an 8th buggy and monster truck but sold them to put more money into this.

9. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Lol. Its no cheaper.

10. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    i too have a couple of rc cars.
    Losi 1-24 Micro-4WD Rally, great fun little car for indoors & outdoors now & then.
    1 for me & 1 for my lady Vaterra Kalahari 4WD Desert Raider 1-14 RTR, great outdoors car even more fun on Lipo 2s
    ECX 1-18 Ruckus for the step son
    ECX 1-18 Torment for the step daughter but it is modded so a bit fast for her now
    kyosho mini inferno half 8 was a roller now working good
    lc racing emb-1 great buggy upgraded lipo 2s.

I have not used them for a few weeks now :(. time to get out soon for a few days with them.....

11. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Some size comparison pics

First is against my 10th scale Axial SCX10 G6 trail truck (and yes thats a fully functional replica of a warn winch on the front)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now against my brothers 8th scale HPI Trophy Flux buggy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some more chassis pics that I hope are a bit better than the first ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  12. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

It looks a nice hobby to have mate and I must admit I've fancied one myself from time to time, but I'd probably just end up wrecking it, like yours though, enjoy, atb.

13. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

They are a lot tougher than you think and there are plenty of spares, option and after market parts so you can fix it if you can break it.

14. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Lovely looking model. I use to race 1/10 scale, its so addictive. I spent more on my model car than i ever spent on my road car. I could very easily fall back in to the car park racing scene. What sort of weight is the large model. KB1

15. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

The price of some of these models is mad. The 5ive probably weighs somwhere between 45-50lbs.

16. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Supersavage, are those MCD RACE RUNNER wheels and tyres on that Losi?

I used to race 1/5th scale up north, MCD RACE RUNNER V2, heavily nodded engine putting out around 7 go from 30cc, my laps timer. I was chairman of the "Northwest off road rc club" and we had about 70 members at one point. Started in Chester on waste land then got a good venue on a farm not far away and made tracks etc. Cut my teeth on the HPI BAJA AS, those things are great for bashing.

I used to race 1/10th scale nitro on road with a Kyosho V1RR at the out door track on Wrexham industrial estate, not far from Kellogg cereals. It no longer there now.

I know play around with an electric speed boat, gets 50mph true speed and I also do aerial video with a highly modified DJI PHANTOM with Zenmuse global and go pro 4k.

In fact just looking to get another quad copter. Also have heli's, planes etc. Just love RC.

suppose you get plenty of gear from Rosmods. I helped trial the Rock Oil 2 stroke synthetic that they market in gold bottles which is also the same as the venom oil sold as rosmods own brand.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  17. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

Yes they're MCD wheels and tyres, nearly everyone that races a Losi uses these as they're so much lighter than the stock Losi wheels also the tyres very well. I did have a 30.5cc OBR full Mod that put out around 7.5hp but that died so I now have a new engine which is a 30.5 ESP.

I only really get the wheels and tyres from Rosmods as I get my bits from Freeprawn Racing as they stock a lot of the Losi bits and the owner races a Losi himself.

It sounds like you have/had some very good rcs yourself and that phantom sounds interesting.

RC is certainly one of those hobbies you can't get out of easily is it lol. And I can see air guns being the same.

18. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Just been on YouTube looking up videos for deeside rd bashing. Found one with my original race runner painted bright orange. Later had it painted in the gulf racing style ....was going to race nationals in 2011 with a friend from the club but he pulled out at the last minute ..... BiggaRod Racing. Look it up lol, you will see images of the shell painted up.

Had great fun but love the quad flying now.

19. Donzo

Donzo Banned

I dont want it for financial reasons, it looks a better and more interesting hobby.

20. supersavage

supersavage Busy Member

I'll see if I can look that up.