1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news My new FX Impact ownership experience

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by rbov, Nov 1, 2017.

1. rbov

rbov Engaging Member

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Just thought I’d share with you my experiences with my awesome FX Impact (UK sub 12ft/lb version).[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I purchased the FX Impact from the Northampton Gun Company in October this year (2017). They’re very helpful and knowledgeable there and always serve me well so a big thank you to Ashley and Nick![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I spent a lot of time researching into the FX Impact (sub 12ft/lb version) especially as I had read, like many others interested in this gun, some of the initial negative experiences some people have had in the UK and USA with the early FX Impacts. It appears that all the issues had been addressed by the time FX had started to release the 2nd batch of Impacts. To paraphrase a few people from various sources “don’t forget that many other airgun manufacturers have had initial issues when launching a new product”. To be fair to FX and ASI in the UK, from the details I have read from many forums and from YouTube video’s they have both dealt with issues fairly and I think admirably (this is of course only what Ive read myself and thought to share so take it as you will).[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I contacted some very helpful owners of the Impact, most notably and of special mention Shoto1 from this forum. As most, if not all people on this forum already know he has a wealth of knowledge/experience and is happy to help/assist, a true gent, many thanks again! I also contacted James at ReplicaReviews after watching his Youtube review of the UK Spec FX Impact, he was also a great help with good advice so thanks to James also.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]It soon became apparent to me that from these owners’ experiences and correspondence with them that I shouldn’t have any problems with the FX Impact should I decide to purchase one and would be astonished and equally amazed at its performance and quality. Influenced greatly from my conversations with Shoto1 I decided to take a look at a new FX Impact at the aforementioned Gun Shop. Once I saw and handled the gun I knew this was something very special and my heart won over my head and the deal was done, part exchanging my HW100 & 4 month old HW45 Blackstar to offset the cost. I was now in possession of my own .22 FX Impact...YAY![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I found the performance and accuracy of the .22 Impact truly impressive at my first plinking session, sub 10mm groups at 20 yards. I was in love with this gun for its fit, finish, power adjuster, design, looks, accuracy and shot count of over 700 shots from a 250 bar fill![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]After firing a couple of tins of pellets through the gun I realised I had not cleaned the barrel of the .22 and purchased the Napier “Pull Through” cleaning kit for .22 and .177 air rifles (purchased from Uttings Stock no 103918). I cleaned the barrel removing the protective lubricants used at the FX factory for preserving the barrel during shipping. To clean the barrel I followed Shoto1’s suggestion and removed the barrel from the gun. I unscrewed the barrel from the telescopic moderator so that I could easily pass the “pull through” cleaning cable through the barrel muzzle end first. Once I cleaned the barrel I screwed the moderator back on and re inserted the barrel to the Impact.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103918-napier-airgun-pull-through-kit-3133/#.WfpDDLqnyhA[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]A few more plinking sessions later (over a 7 day period) I noticed when placing my gun back into its provided black case muzzle end first there was a weird noise I had not noticed before. The sound is best described as a tube sliding within another tube when tilting the gun’s muzzle towards the floor and back up to the ceiling, it isn’t a loud noise and seemed to be coming from the receiver. I returned to the Gun Shop that weekend and they checked it with their other new FX impact and that made the same noise, as did their gunsmith’s own Impact, I was greatly relieved that these guns also made the same noise. The noise is coming from the power adjuster side of the receiver and becomes more apparent when turning the power wheel from Max setting to its lowest MIN setting. You can actually see the silver rod and spring through the little cut out near the power wheel being exposed when tilting the guns barrel towards the floor & then covered by a black tube when tilted back to the ceiling (photo showing the power adjuster wheel has the silver rod exposed, the close-up photo showing only a part of the power wheel has the silver rod covered by the black tube). [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Anyway, I am happy that there is no fault and continue to use my Impact without any issues. We believe the grease added at the FX factory to the hammer spring components have loosened up a little after a couple of tins of pellets through the gun and are now making the sliding noise. I don’t notice the noise as much now but its still there.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I have now had the gun for a few weeks and have used it on my permission to zero in at 25 yards using my new scope, a Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF (Model 17210) mounted via the EagleVision “Infinity forward elevation adjustable scope mount” FAE-L50. This is a really nice setup and the scope is of exceptional quality, though this setup adds a fair bit of weight with the scope mount but its manageable. The scope has a clever feature that allows me to unscrew the turrets and move the 0 to the “zero’d in” positions. This then means that if I change to a different pellet temporarily and adjust the windage & elevation for the new pellet I can simply return to 0 easily when I return to the original pellet and not have to re-zero (I hope anyway, I’ve not tested yet)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]http://eaglevisioncam.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_71&product_id=59[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]In conclusion I am very pleased & impressed with my UK legal FX impact, its simply awesome and I would recommend this gun. I truly believe that the original issues have all been addressed and a new gun purchased now would be fine. Yes it is an expensive air gun but if you can afford it then go ahead you won’t be disappointed. If you also buy one of the other calibre barrel kits then you will in essence have two rifles in one package (ie a .177 & .22 rifle). Worthy of note; If you buy a second barrel kit you will also have to buy the matching calibre magazine as its not included in the FX barrel kit. The FX Barrel Kits include the barrel with telescopic moderator and pellet probe. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Hopefully this lengthy post hasn’t been too boring, its my 1st attempt at a review![/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Ben Baggins likes this.
  2. Hampshire Tog

Hampshire Tog Donator

Welcome to the FX club. Had mine a few months longer than you and it's still shooting like a dream. No problems encountered so far apart from the consistency, which makes it almost boring to shoot. Wishing you many happy years together!

3. Hunter 001

Hunter 001 Donator

The noise you have described is likely to be from a floating hammer.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  4. rbov

rbov Engaging Member

Many thanks. glad your having a great time with your Impact too. Let the good times roll!

5. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

Welcome aboard the Impact owners ship. Mine is the .25 FAC and what an awsome piece of kit, good to hear that you are happy with your recent purchase.

Phil

6. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Nice write up, I'm glad you have been problem free and are happy with your new gun, the 700 shot count still blows my mind!

James

7. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Good job on the write up :up: ~ Thanks.

Looking forward to reading more of your experiences with the Impact.

Happy shooting :cool:

8. Eds81

Eds81 Busy Member

Fantastic write up, i use Northampton gun, they are great. Feel free to pop over for some pinking i've a good paddock to try different ranges. I enjoyed the read, apart from AA i would buy an FX i like them alot.

ibo7 likes this.
  9. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

A well written report, thanks for taking the time, our Shoto is good isn't he, enjoy the new rifle :cool:

Ray

10. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Cheers Ray - a rather large cheque is in the post :p

11. marky t

marky t Busy Member

Well done bud,
    great rifle luv mine, ive got a falcon m18+ scope on mine which is first focal plane [brilliant]
    also have a single point sling,large houge grips,hugget belita silencer, fake atlas bipod [very good],bottle cover, bubble level etc.
    Mine in .177 loves jsb exact heavy 4.52 10.34g
    in .22 it loves jsb exact heavy 5.52 15.89g both with power wheel on max.

Loads of vids on youtube,
    good luck,cheers Mark

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  12. vrp

vrp Member

Nice work mate

I never had a pcp
    Last week during half term I joined this fourum and pm Shoto he found me a FX Impact at a very good price last Friday
    Lovely gun its an addiction
    Happy shooting and enjoy

13. rbov

rbov Engaging Member

Thank you to you all, I really appreciate the positive feedback and glad that you’ve enjoyed my 1st go at a review.
    Rich

14. marky t

marky t Busy Member

NB Rich,
    good post and yes Shoto 1 is a good guy [how you doing bud] had a lengthy chat with him 6 mths. ago
    Also Liam from Airfective knows his stuff re Impacts and makes some great acc. for them.
    Philpot knows his stuff also [allright buddy]
    YouTube Esting rowe has some great vids used a few for myself.
    talk to you all soon,cheers marky

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  15. rbov

rbov Engaging Member

Many thanks Marky T, this is a great forum with a wonderful community of like minded people who are all more than happy to help one another.

I’ve been on the Airfective website for a nose around, looks good. What are typical examples of improvements they can do for the FX Impact?
    I’ll check out Esting Rowe at the weekend, thanks for the tips.

16. katluke

katluke Donator

17. Caliber

Caliber Busy Member

Glad your having a good time with it! Both of mine were faultless and enjoyed them thoroughly. Excellent write up :up:

18. Philpot

Philpot Posting Addict

I would suggest you don't do anything to the gun for a while, just get to know it. according ASI, most of the issues found with Impacts was that people were messing around altering the various adjustments without understanding the implications of some of their actions. I have done no mods to mine other than adjust the reg pressure whilst on the phone to Simon at ASI and that was to simply bring it back to original settings.

As Marky has said, airfective does some nice mods but in all honesty, I have not found any reason to 'tweek' mine at all, the rabbits simple roll over when the .25 pellet strikes home at ranges that have made me raise my eyebrows but of course that is at 46fpe so loads of thump.

If I had the cash there would be a sub 12 .22 in the cabinet as well but as I have just picked up a new rimfire .22, it will have to wait.

Phil

19. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Big Poster

As said by others it’s a great rifle. Don’t try and do a polish job to the trigger as I’ve found (after doing 3) it’s very picky as to how it’s done.

. Pro

20. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice, enjoy shooting it :up: