1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

my little brothers £80 air rifle ideas

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by airgunguy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

Hey guys,
    My little brother has just had a birthday and wants a rifle. He has £80 towards one. Any suggestions of a rifle? Please dont just say 'save up and get something better'. The highest price he can manage is about £100 (and would like some kind of scope in that price).

Please give suggestions

Tom

2. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

qb78

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

For a springer, Hatsan Mod55s
    £90 new...shoot one first,make sure he can cock it properly.

Or if he can't manage a full blown rifle,something like the QB range from SMK

4. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

How old is your brother??? Will he need a junior rifle????
    Is he old enough to buy a rifle????

A little more info to help us to help you.... ;-)

5. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

haha..I'd placed a tenner on you saying Hatsan Matty lol....and yep your right..

6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

7. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

xs78
    qb78
    b2 for plinking
    smk20
    th208 smk
    AGRpcr1 pcp if you know were to look

8. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

He is 12... He can manage the synxs that we have which is a full rifle. Legally dad would have to be with him when hes shootin so if he cant cock it dad could help

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Give him the Synxs :p

10. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

Im thinking of using the synxs instead of the b2 for the project i said about in the other thread

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Well it would be a better base gun for sure

12. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Crossman rat catcher , surprised no one else mentioned it can be easily modded and improved as and when , my first air rifle 30 odd years ago was a BSA metor . Wish i still had it

13. Tazz

Tazz Engaging Member

For my daughter I bought her a second hand Meteor for her 12th birthday. I went down the second hand route because I knew I was buying a tried and tested model, should problems occur then spares were readily available (and cheap) and it didn't need any work doing for it to be an accurate reliable air rifle. Because she'e not the tallest of kids, and reach was an issue, I was also able to buy a cheap second hand stick and shorten it for her. New rifles are great, but far too often one reads, buy xyz model,and with a tune up by x for £70 it will shoot accurately. Sorry, but I wanted one which did what it was supposed to from the start.

14. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Don't overlook the Stoeger X20 if he can stretch to about £120, they are good value for money and accurate as any of its competitors!

I have the tactical stock version, it's very durable and indestructible for a youngster who might be a bit clumsy and less trusted with a wooden stock!

15. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

BSA Supersport, plenty of spares if required & tunes well.
    Should be able to get one with a basic scope for the money on one of the various Forums, probably not from a dealer though. Full length barrel make cocking pretty easy.

16. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

Thanks guys, ill go on google with him later and look at every single one of these suggestions, then the final choice is his

17. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

So been looking at rifles with him this morning and, to my suprise, he has fallen for a XISICO XS-B3-1 (ratter/ak47 air gun). Anyone any experiance with this side lever rifle??

18. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

Scrap that last post, he has now decided he wants a b2 and will spend the rest pimpin it out

19. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

I am sure it would be fun but around 5.5ftlb its limited to plinking in the garden. But if he loves it then thats what matters.

20. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

There was one for sale on here nit long back maybe still for sale.

Spot on for tin cans and punching paper but i dont know how it would fair up on rats power wise?

Gaz