1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice My first post

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by KING OF THE SPRING, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KING OF THE SPRING

KING OF THE SPRING Banned

Hello all this is my first post so please be gentle. I have always owned and shot springers and I am thinking about getting a P.C.P. will have around £400 to spend so would love some recommendations from you all. Thanks in advance Dave.

2. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Is £400 including your charging gear like a bottle or pump

Also do you need a scope ?

3. KING OF THE SPRING

Hi and thanks for the welcome, fortunately my brother runs a dive centre and can give me a bottle or two and I already have a variety of scope options to choose from so the budget is for a rifle only.

4. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

what are you wanting the gun for etc. will help with advice :)

5. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

Thats excellent about your brothers profession.

I, personally like Air Arms and have an S200 & S400. For your budget you could easily get an S400.

What will you be shooting ? Targets / HFT / Hunting ?

Give us a better idea of what will suit you better

6. KING OF THE SPRING

Primarily Hunting as I have a few permissions but I do target shoot on occasions.

7. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

aa s200 mk1 or mk2 imo purely on the basis the stock feels nicer for me.
    if you can get your hands on a used ripley/hogan elite for £400 you've done well (they cost from £499 new but aren't for sale often)
    and fx2000 can easily be had for that and they are superb rifles in my opinion, i've had 30 odd air rifles and the fx is the only one i've not sold for about the past 10 i've sold...

now obviously im recommending rifles i own (but i've owned 3 of them for the 2nd time as i've tried alot and come back to them :D)

also airarms s410 or 510 and people may find this funny that im advising this but BSA ultra SE,

all of the above are or can be made into multishot....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  8. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

Maybe a multishot would suit you better.

AA S410 ... you can get single shot loaders for HFT

9. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

exactly the same as what i do, for me single shot or multishot isn't a biggy, but multishot is an obvious advantage if it all works correctly...

10. KING OF THE SPRING

Thanks for the response Guys, Will look at all suggestions and see what appeals the most. Will update you all as soon as I get it. Cant wait thanks again Dave.

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

try before you buy if i were you :D
    and try, to try several at once as you may be like me and just try something and say to yourself "im here now, may as well buy it" :rolleyes:

are yo planning on 2nd hand?

12. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Depends what you want to use the gun for, its hard to go wrong with an Air Arms S400 tried and tested sporter rifle.

13. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    welcome to the forum dave. as for choice, i would recommend an air arms s400 karbine superlite .177. for you, it would be best to go down to your rfd and try a few for size - what suits me, may not suit you, but if it does, the s400 is the best for your needs.

14. Nige4927

Nige4927 Busy Member

Have a word with Blackpool Air Rifles. Or check out their website.. They have a good selection of new and used guns.. Very good service as well.

I picked up a used but mint Falcon Prairie.. It's turned out to be the best gun I owned to date.. Me and that little Falcon are like soul mates it fits me so well.

15. Egg

Egg Major Poster

The return of BadBoyBazel....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.