1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

My favourite air rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by tomsteebs, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

only the one rabbit out, which despite being on my zero range, i decided not to shoot as it didnt present itself well enough and after giving it the rabbit squeek it was even less shootable.
    so ended up taking photo's (yes i did wipe the rifle down after) :up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my new wallpaper ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Nice looking FX2000 :up:

3. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Nice pictures. KB1

4. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice :up:

5. JD

JD Donator

My rifle's day out in the woods

Looks like the rifle's taken its self out for the day tom,

that will be the day, when you have to go and find your rifle, coz its gone out without permission. lol

6. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Even more so if it goes out without your permission on your permission.

7. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

very nice i`ve a soft spot for a Webley

8. Lee327thGir

Lee327thGir Donator

Me too.. I miss my old Webley Victor.. Light, Accurate and powerfull after i fitted the Ox spring.. Why did i ever sell it :O(

9. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I wouldn't blame it, looks best in amongst the country

10. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

This was the stock it came with Tom and even this picture was after I refinished it, it was rather well used the metal work had a few specks of rust and the gun had a slow leak.[​IMG]

I stripped it had the metal work reblued replaced some O rings fixed a leak and sourced the new stock, replaced the magazine indexer and spring, this is how it looked afterwards, ( I should have addressed that graunchy bolt at the same time ebut assumed it was standard in the 2000) Collin molly of Manchester did the rebluing to a nice standard[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And typical groups from a full mag from 35 yrds [​IMG]

This was good enough for me, after that I shot it and it was ideal for keeping in the cab for when I was driving around my permissions, and shooting ferals on the dairy farm.

It was an ongoing project which I had plans for but never got around to them, my plan was to find a venom viper shrouded barrel set up to fit to make it into a one of a kind bullbarrel set up.

Also planned to sort that graunchy bolt out as it was starting to bug me, my axsor cocked nothing like it, it was lovely, but you got to the bottom of it by the sounds Tom seems it was shorter and stiffer than standard, But I had my mind on the Rapid I had just bought and needed the money to source all new internals so I had to sell the Fx2000 unfortuantely.

The rapid is nice but not as pretty as the little FX and had to replace far more un standard parts than any Pcp Ive owned but as Ive found out its pretty hard to find an unmolested one and seems the Fxs are the same in that respect.

I had the Fx about 4 yrs after the initial strip,stock reblue and reseal, and it never let me down I would have another without a shadow of a doubt I still love them its ashame nobody still does the custom stocks for them. [​IMG]

Just one question Tom why the silver mounts? its a hunting gun!!:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Shrouded! Now that sounds good. I like the venom viper style but never thought of putting a shroud on this, but who would make a shroud of the same quality of blueing as the action? And of correct diameter to fit

12. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Very nice mate ...lovely stock

13. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I think if the porting was done, (it has a brass bush and O ring set up), I think the Original Venom viper barrel and shroud could be made to fit.

The screw that holds your muzzle adaptor on could simply be removed and after fillting the barrel/shroud, using a scriber mark a dot centre to the shroud and drill and tap it 4mm IIRC and use the same screw to hold the shroud in place with a few threads, (instead on getting it mixed up with the action retaining screw which is very similar but a few threads longer:eek::D)

You may need a spacer or some steel shim cutting out like washers to achieve the barrel to sit at the right height.

Or alternatively you could use someone like Rowan engineering to machine you a custom Figure 8 clamp like the Airarms s410 type but I would prefer the uncluttered lines of the screw set up.

This is because I experimented with shrouds and the barrel on the Axsor and Fx isn't really strong enough for a fully floating set up as it boils down to how much barrel you have sat in the action so I rekon a Viper shroud machined to length and a simple drilled tapped hole would be plenty strong enough, you could also shorten the barrel inside the shroud to make it more effective, but shorten from the back end.

Although you would be looking for a heavier hammer spring to achieve the same power and you would obviously loose shots per charge.

Ive seen it done in America as they can have shrouds but not silencers.

14. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Lol just read your *** post asking about shrouds back in 2007.

My other concern is how well it would work compared to a silencer. Especially as you can't put a particularly wide shroud on. But you would gain the space taken up by the unf adapter

I may ask venom/vmach and see how much they would charge, alot is my guess

15. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Well the airmasters set up I had was surprisingly quiet before it was sent back for the baffles opening up due to clipping.

But the shroud was quieter, in fact I didnt even baffle the shroud it was just open space with air holes to push back the air like a hugget.

A bit of ingenuity with a hair curler and a bit of sound proof material would no doubt improve things however the action requires a simple silent pip design to make really quiet.

I hear falcon hammers run some kind of ptfe lining system but ive never had one apart, but I thought an fx2000 hammer spring could easilly be fitted with ptfe spring guides and a better quieter hammer in the process ie one made from delrin Maybe.

It would also improve consistency, a shorter spring with preload will be more efficient due to less hammer bounce, you can actaully hear the axsor hammer bounce when it got low on air, only experimentation can learn whats best, as im still finding with the rapids.

But I do know a slow hammer with a heavy inertia weight can also be devastatingly consistent ive seen the set up in a mates gun and the spring is from a daystate x2 but he swears over the boxes of springs he has that this produces the most consistency, weird isnt it, every pcp is different.

16. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yeh probs I have some Teflon rod but no idea of how to make any pips etc....

17. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

In fact iirc the fx2000 has some kind of silent pip design as its a lot quieter than an axsor so just spring guides would help.

But dont make then too long or you wont be able to cock the gun.

18. kev02

kev02 Well-Known Member

Really nice,
    Atb kev02:thumb:

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yeh I tried making ones but you can't as it fouls the cocking. You can only replace parts....

20. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

The only way around that Tom is to make the guides run into each other, like a top hat and piston assembly on a Springer but the spring would have to be a smaller diameter than standard.

I had a few ideas at the time but a house move and a second child stopped my ideas, now with more time on my hands I may get another example one day and have another play, but Im looking into Anodising at present.:D another can of worms.

These are the ones that gave me inspiration[​IMG][​IMG]