1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

my bsa superstar carbine .22

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by lone wolf, Jan 12, 2014.

1. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

here is my eagerly awaited bsa superstar! ive wanted one for about 15 years and ive finally got one!

I just love the look of this bsa and it cocks so smooth and I just love the rotary breech on it.

I didn't remember others having a channel in the breech for the pellet to be guided in but hey I may be forgetful in my oldish age lol,any ideas how I can remove the muzzle cap to fit a moderator as its got nothing to really get a grip with,if you see on the pic its smooth round the edges.

one of the stock screws is mangled so ive not had it out the stock yet to inspect the action but ive oiled her up,any ideas on how to safely extract the mangled screw without damaging the stock?

just need to get some 13-14mm mounts for the maxi grip rail and get it out for a zero with some newly acquired jsb's!

mrs wolf got me this so I better be a good lad now lol,she is the best! IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0768.jpg IMG_0769.jpg IMG_0770.jpg IMG_0771.jpg

thanks for looking guys

2. OLD GIT61

OLD GIT61 if no spring it wont do a thing

lonewolf thats a nice tool and one to cherish,you spoke to me about you were waiting for it to come . Now you can get it how you want it .You could use extractor on the screw but i bet its up inside the forestock.You will have to hold the gun in a cloth and put it in a vice then drill down the screw head with a small drill ,then step the size up , a drill at a time till head comes off the screw,then remove the other 2 screws for removal of the stock.This will make it better for you to get other half of screw out of the action , once stock is off.Your mounts ,you only want BLK AND THE SIZE IS 14 MM and not 11mm this is a Maxirail on you star.Just orderd me a set Saturday from Deben direct. They had been on order for 8 weeks at my gunshop and had not been deliverd. Good luck.

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks a nice rifle, enjoy :up:

4. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

Yours must be the Mk 1 as the Mk2 muzzle cap is knurled and threaded, had to get a 17mm x 1/2" unf adapter to fit a moderator, checked my rifle and the breech does have a channel for the pellet to slide down.
    Here's a set of part numbers, may be of some help to you.
    BSA Superstar Mk 2.jpg

5. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Cheers og:)
    It took ages to come i was past myself waiting for it,i will do what you ssaid with the screw mate.

I dont think im really going to do anything to it as i like it the way it is,maybe strip clean and relube pop a spring guide in and leave it as that.

Gaz

6. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Cheers bud that handy info mate! Im not to botherd about a moderator anyway,can you pin the rifles down to the year of manifacture or not? From the letter prefix i come up with 1990-2001???

Gaz

7. OLD GIT61

Lonewolf what are your serial numbers ?. Mine is RH 20820.

8. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Rh 22136 mate if that means anything to you?

9. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Lovely gun mate - I want one in .177

As to the groove for the pellet, that was definitely in the originals. That entire breech is a absolutely brilliant design feature and not one you'd ever hope to see in the current crop of BSA springers - or many others for that matter.

10. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

My Superstar is RH 16767- Year of Manufacture 1993 - All Superstars @ .22 caliber have the RH Prefix (from 1990 - 2004) the .177 Superstar Prefix is PH also 1990 -2004
    All Superstars were set @ 11.7ft/lbs in .22 (not sure about .177) I used to have the original manufacturers checklist for my rifle but the Mrs threw it out a few years ago.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  11. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Cheers egg! Ive never seen a 177 for sale amd also would love one:)

Your right about the breech there well thought out and work spot on, and to be fair to you the current spring offerings from bsa are pants compared to the stuff from the 80's & 90's , i saw a one for sale in .25 after i bought this one and thought thats a rare calibre also for superstars.

Gaz

12. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Dam that woman lol! Ive yet to check the power but ive bought some jsb's to put through her as both my guns are .22 i know i wont go to far wrong.

I need a .177 & .25 superstar now lol:)

13. OLD GIT61

Lonewolf if that shoots like my pair, JSB are the best i found both in the Stars and in my R10mk2 JSB Exact Heavy 10.34 grains in .177 and in .22 -JSB Diabalo at 15.89 grains

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  14. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Hi mate thats what i was hoping, the jsb i got are jumbo express diabolo 5.52 @ 14,35 gr so fingers crossed:)

Cant wait to get out with it now!

Gaz

15. j j m

j j m Engaging Member

looks nice mate

16. Alan17hmr

Alan17hmr Donator

5 Clowne Derbyshire Wagbi then Basc Member
    Hello

If you contact Mike Tawn of Tawnairgun supplies he stock a BKL mount specifically for the maxi rain

Make sure you get the scope diameter correct 25mm 30mm and your sorted overnight

The BKL mounts really set of any air rifle

alan xxx

17. OLD GIT61

The pair i had on order did come yesterday, as planed .Orderd from Deben direct .Number is BKL 463 medium double strap and just right for the maxirail thats on the gun .This is the one i purchase its split in the centre and they lock up even as you tighten the alenscrews. This is the second set i have had ,the other is on the r10.

18. steevie dan

steevie dan Very Active

I had a new one of these back in 1993 two weeks in and I had to strip it to put new seals front and rear on the rotating breech as BSA had not debured the transfer port and chamber. A bit of wet n dry paper, a twiddling stick, valve grinding paste had it up and running again in no time at all and it was superb for the next few years then I sold it, shame on me. But I did get the Goldstar multi shot lovely gun.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  19. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I always wanted a superstar carbine as I prefered its length to the goldstar but either would have made me very happy.

I had the supersport customs and mercury carbines but in .25

I wish I could have afforded the superstar carbine in .22

Although a few years passed and I bought a new tx200 but still always wondered how the superstar would have shot.

20. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Busy Member

Lovely that. Might put one of those on my wanted list.