1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

muzzle weight

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Speed, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Speed

Speed Busy Member

im looking to remover the silencer from my 95k and adding some sort of muzzle weight to try reduce flip a little , where would i get a weight from?

2. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

im trying to do the same. with the barrel only 12" and the mod that comes with the 95 weighing next to nothing. you dont need all that internal volume to quieten a springer anyway so i sacrificed the last chamber to add some weight (about 120gms) to the inside of the moderator bringing the weight up to around 225gms and it makes a big difference. another chap here ordered one from these guys in Poland http://www.konceptus.pl/silencer-s30x170-1-2-20unf.html blued steal weighing in at 225gms would be ideal. i did pm the chap that bought one to see how he got on with it and how long it took to come from poland but not heard back from him yet.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Copycat Jamie...lol

4. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Sent u a text Jamie

5. Speed

Speed Busy Member

well i was looking for a hw98 barrel but theres non about so deciding to go with the weight option

how easy is it to get inside the hw silencer i could add some lead in there

6. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

you need a 7mm hex (allen key) inserted into the business end to unscrew it. any weight needs to be rigidly fitted as any movement inside will cause inconsistencies. actually used a long socket with nuts inside that and a few washer spacers. all epoxied together and then slid into the mod with a layer of electrical tape for a tight fit.
    this for me though is only really a temporary fix till i can find a heavier blued steel mod like the one i posted a link to above.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  7. Speed

Speed Busy Member

thanks mark i will have a play with different weight setups until i find what i like, i don't need a silencer so could get someone to make a weighted muzzel cap later on

8. JD

JD Donator

Do it with style

Get yourself a V-mach steel blued silencer, either 1/2 unf of slide on, nice bit of weight to them and they look the dogs nads.

9. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

couldnt find any thing on there web regarding availability or price of moderators?

10. simes222

simes222 Donator

You could always try the barrel weight from a Chinese XS20.

16mm slip on and a heavy piece.

11. Speed

Speed Busy Member

ive followed mark in making a weight to fit in the silencer tube,

i got a long 17mm socket, temporarily set a long 1/4 socket extention bar in the centre then melted some lead around the remaining space. i had to wrap a few turns of insolation tape round the outside to make a snug fit, a 19mm scoket fitted better but mine was too long.

the resulting weight was 202g i fired 2 shots in the garden at about 10yrds i don't think there was any flip, just recoil, i will have to have a proper test at the weekend on the range,