1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Multi Shot Pcp Pistols

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by hamza, Sep 23, 2019.

1. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

I’ve never been ineterested in pistols but at the club yesterday another member let me have a go with his Rohm TwinMaster, it was great fun!

So I was wondering what other PCP multishot (where you can just pull the trigger till the magazine is empty) pistols like the Rohm are there?

I know there are lots of CO2 magazine fed pistols but the only ones I’ve tried only seem good for a bit of can bashing. I’d like something quite accurate too.

The only other PCP pistols I ever know of are the Air Arms Alfa Proj which I think is a single shot loader and the HW44 which has the same action as my 110 so needs to be cocked between shots.

Thanks!

pjgtech likes this.
  2. pjgtech

pjgtech Bah Humbug.......

Theres Steyr, someone at our range had a proper target jobbie last Saturday, that fires 5 shots from a mag, but in between shots you don't have to recock or pull a lever or anything, it just fires five shots then you reload, the mag is a sort of billeted ali bar with holes in, he said the pcp gives about 100 shots, so about 20 mags worth. But they are not cheap! about £1500 min I think
    We all had a go and it was as light as a feather. but very long, quite a cool thing though. May have been a Steyr MP10 or something similar?
    :)

hamza and Douglas Soal like this.
  3. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

The best is the Steyr LP50, but has a hefty price tag, around £1650. Feinwerkbau used to also make a 5 shot pistol, but is now discontinued.
    The Steyr is self indexing with a 5 shot stick mag, unlike the Rohm you tried which is essentially a revolver mechanism. Have a look on you tube for a Steyr LP50 and your find lots of information and videos.

cloverleaf, hamza and pjgtech like this.
  4. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Ah the Steyr must use the same mechanism as they use in the H5A rifle which I’m familiar with.

£1500 is a bit much though!

Might have to try and source a Rohm from somewhere.

5. pjgtech

pjgtech Bah Humbug.......

SMK Victory CP2 is quite an accurate little thing out to about 20-25m, its co2 and has single shot loader or mags. Mags are indexed via side bolt. :)

6. Nubble

Nubble Donator

PP800

PCP pistol-single shot/10 shot mag-bolt needs to be cycled between shots/not auto/blowback (like your 110)
    TBH I wouldn't bother with the mag tho...... :eek:

:thumb:

7. Modski66

Modski66 Active Member

Drulov DU 10 5-shot semi-automatic, if you can find a good example.

garryt likes this.
  8. Oat

Oat Very Active

IMO there is a huge gap in the multishot, self indexing, pistol range. Top end you have steyr, and low end you have Co2; there's next to nothing in the mid range. If you just want to have some fun and bash some cans then go Co2 for multishot. If you want multishot for comeptition then it can be big money....
    Most comp pistols are single shot and you can find something half decent without breaking the bank.

Modski66 likes this.
  9. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

So it's really going to have to either be lots of money on a Steyr or trying to find a Rohm from somewhere and hope it doesn't go wrong.

10. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

I got my head turned by Rohms a friend had the CO2 target pistol and a while ago i found a Rohm Twinmaster CO2 multi-shot and bout it but was not that keen on the multi shot aspect so only shoot it as single shot, so when looking for a PCP single shot target version and bought one from one of the members here and now use that most of the time...so maybe i might sell the Twinmaster as i really dont use it much at all.

11. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

If you want true-SA you're looking at the Steyr LP5 / LP50 (if your pockets are deep) or perhaps more realistically the Drulov DU-10 or Aeron B96 which are both around £250 used but unfortunately run off CO2 with all the associated drawbacks).

12. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Why isn't the Rohm considered a true SA? because the trigger cocks the action in the first part of the pull? I know the Steyr doesn't do that, is it the same for the Drulov DU-10 and Aeron B96?

Edited to add: I don't think I want a CO2 one, I already have PCP air rifles, may as well use the dive bottle for pistols too rather than faff about with CO2 bulbs.

13. Spacey

Spacey Member

I nearly bought a used Brocock Grand Prix (discontinued) multi shot which get fairly decent reviews but instead opted for a new single shot PP700-SA which also get decent reviews for the price range. Both pcp but not top of the line pistols.

14. poorshot

poorshot Engaging Member

Have you looked at the Evanix AR6

15. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

You answered your own question really, the Rohm is literally a double action revolver, when you pull the trigger it rotates the cylinder and then fires.
    The Steyr is self indexing as the pellet is fired from inside the mag, it does not load the pellet into the breech before firing.
    The Drulov is a bit of a grey area, you load 5 pellets into the breech, in my opinion it is a semi auto.
    The B96 is similar to the Steyr in operation, only using Co2 as a propellant, although they did make a pcp version for a while, can’t remember the name though. Sure someone will know it.

garryt and Jimmypie like this.
  16. garryt

garryt Busy Member

I had a DU10 for some time - great pistol and deffo a true semi auto.
    There are some good s/h examples around.

17. Dennis74

Dennis74 Active Member

Jimmypie likes this.
  18. Montala

Montala Well-Known Member

One which is available now, and which can be used either with the supplied magazine, or as a single shot pistol, is the Artemis PP800 which is PCP, although not 'top of the range'!

Nubble is the best man to talk to about these however!

Thet are great fun though! :)

Nubble and Jimmypie like this.
  19. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Now that looks just fantastic , here’s hoping it comes along at some point !

Nubble likes this.
  20. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Yes. The Rohm is a double action revolver, in that the long pull of the trigger both cocks the action and indexes the mag. On the other three the striker is cocked by the propellant gas; which on the Steyr and Aeron also trips the mag indexing system which moves under spring force. The Drulov has an integral linear (axial) mag so needs no indexing as such.

As a result the triggers on the true SA guns are much lighter with a shorter, crisper pull which is far more beneficial to accurate shot placement...

hamza likes this.