1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Multi shot or single.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Fog, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I have always been a Single's man and have no problem with it but i do think if it comes to Lamping its not so good.

Are you a single shot or multi.

(civil answers please this is a family site:rolleyes:)

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Both, my only problem with multi is that i sometimes forget if i have cycled the next pellet in to the breach or not. :confused:

3. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

And when hunting that could be the shot of a 'Lifetime'.
    That's why i prefer Single shot. :up:

4. andy s410c

andy s410c Active Member

Multi shot for me all the way as lead earings can be distributed with quickness & ease especially when lamping the only drawback can be once the adrenilines running i occasionally forget if ive reloaded :der:

5. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Yes i see your point Andy. But when you are an old fart like me i quite often forget and.....

Where was i :shrug:

6. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

multi or single ,?? that is the question!
    it all depends on the skill of the shooter , is"nt our sport a one shot kill..:violent3:

7. RAPIDROGERS

RAPIDROGERS Member

yes but if theres lots there you can shoot the next one straight away i have often shot rabbits and the one rite next to it just sits there so a quick bolt action and hes dead too. MULTI all the way:D

8. topcat

topcat Post Whore

multishot

same has above

9. Lobby

Lobby Newbie

Hunting

I must say I am suprised at how many people kill animals and dont seem to blink an eyelid.
    I only wish I were allowed to shoot the "Huntsmen" ( shouldnt that be spelt with a `C` )
    as a token of sympathy for the poor creatures. I guess
    if I were then I would`nt bat an Eyelid either but the law would no doubt have something to say about it.
    Oh well, back to tin cans it is then :-(

Keep missing lads and remember, dont wear protective Eye goggles at all times.

All the worst ... Lobby

10. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

First post:D:D

I wonder if you blink an eye lid when you eat your roast beef?
    But that's OK as long as you don't slaughter it eh!

If you where a Farmer trying to make a hard living but pigeons lost you thousands every year, crows too and as for Rats in your Granary :mad:

Lets put Rats in your Fridge or Squirrels in you loft. I wonder if you would kill it then?
    Offcoarse you wouldn't:D:D

11. Lobby

Lobby Newbie

Well fog, my Steel in a Rifle barrel little friend.

.... Edited out

Happy " hunting "
    Lobby.

12. shipto

shipto Active Member

oh dear.
    Killing rabbits etc is not playing god it is pest control, they are such a problem that it is law that you control them if they are causing problems for your neighbours--and they do.

They are also good eating either for the shooters or for the foxes and other carnivorous animals.

Are you a fully paid up member of PETA? do they still kill pets handed in to their "care centers" and dump the bodies in other peoples rubbish bins? I know they throw red paint over fur wearing women but have they started tackling the leather wearing bikers yet?

I dont really like people who try to tell me how to think. Meat is one of the foodstuffs that enabled us to grow to the stage we have now and who are you to impose an unnatural diet on the rest of the population.

Sorry folks I know troll feeding is pretty pointless but hey ho the Eloy deserve it.

13. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

well said shipto

hii guys just a quick note some thing i spotted a while back on defra website......"under the general licence for england and wales any farmer , who has a rabbit problem on his land ,must do something to control the problem. if they do nothing about it they can receive a hefty fine......

now in my opinion it is better for all concerned if the farmer was to get some one in with a rifle( airgun or other) rather than dumping myxie or some other nasty means of getting rid of the problemon his land......like i say this is only my opinion and i,m sure others have thier own view but if it was me i,d rather die instantly then be subjected to weeks of needless pain and suffering.........

14. David

David Engaging Member

Im blessed with a multi-shot springer, the Diana 300R (repeater) So when I get the chance to hunt I can quickly dispach my prey with an additional 6 pellets I believe would be enough to stop any undue suffering I may cause

15. shipto

shipto Active Member

aaawww just noticed lobby's been banned :mad:, couldnt we keep that troll as a pet s/he was a cute iccle twoll :p.

16. Andy

Only a temp 3 day ban.

17. Lobby

Lobby Newbie

Hi Guys, sorry about the intrusion of the ban.It
    truly was something totally out of my control.A bit like your hunting really.I will try to remember my last offerings, the one`s that caused the little powers that be to ban me.Here goes...................

1.... I dont like Beef.
    2.... I dont like farmers or, for that matter, anyone who kills Animals for ` fun `.
    3.... If Rabbits are good food for foxes and other carniverous animals why the need to shoot them ?
    4.... If you shoot the Rabbits for food then good luck to you, enjoy your meal
    5.... I`m NOT a member of PETA, do they really do those things, shame on them.I`m glad they have none of my money.
    6.... Women wearing FUR, how could they ?
    7.... I don`t recall trying to impose any kind of `unnatural diet` on anybody. I have no desire to be so
    condescending.
    8....I`ve just got my first Airpistol in 35 years.. It`s an..
    Anics 3000. So watch out guys........
    ps... Anyone got any feedback regards the Anics 3000 ?
    Be sure to read this quick b4 i`m banned again.
    Happy hunting.
    Oh, and the only full membership I have is with the BNP.

18. Andy

I'm baffled as to why you don't like farmers, don't farmers grow crops that you eat. :confused::D

19. Andy

You seem to me to be a very unstable individual to be owning any kind of gun from your post's so far.
    Your earlier post that got you a ban said you wish you could shoot hunters.(not good on a airgun forum)
    Airguns are used for plinking, target shooting and vermin control, and that's what this forum is about.
    If you don't agree with hunting then you don't have to read the post's.
    What you should have read are the rules of this forum, especially the first paragraph.

(Behavior
    DO NOT
    Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members.
    Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.)

Now i have spent a great deal of time, money, and effort on this forum and any come back would be on my head.
    It's now your choice, comply or not.

20. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

You are on a wind up mate.:D

I can't believe you have written all this as a wind up.

Now that is Sad:crazy: