1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Mugged @ Waterloo station while "Spending a penny!"

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Soximus, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Yesterday I had to go up to "the smoke" (London) for a meeting. On the way back I thought I'd just pop and "spend a penny" before I boarded my train home....

b****r me! 30 fecking pence they want now for you to use the loos... They even have an automatic change machine in case you have the wrong coins.

On the way back I thought to myself that I should have checked the quality of the bog paper. If it had been any of that scratchy kitchen scourer crap I would have written a letter of complaint.

They must be making a mint out of that.

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

30p!

its bloody 50p where I am

3. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

:eek:

4. eagle1980

eagle1980 Engaging Member

Yup, Daylight robbery - Leeds station is 40p also with a change station :eek:

5. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Didn't think to look but do they charge you ON the train ??

6. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

30p, 40p and 50p sounds cheap to me.

What other service can you purchase for under a quid?

I don't understand why toilets shouldn't be paid for if the person who owns them wants to charge. It's a service that is demanded by consumers like any other we pay for. Its a safe bet that if the toilets were free they would be a hell of a lot worse and more grotty. There is a similar feeling about being charged for tap water in a restaurant, some people feel it is an outrage that they get someone to fetch them a glass of water at a table provided for them then are expected to give something back.

Regarding the quality of the toilet paper, I agree you should have checked it. When purchasing toilet facilities shop around for the best deal, perhaps write some online reviews and maybe use a different station if the toilet cost is enough to merit it.

James

7. Stevie Darling

I wouldn't mind paying the charge if they were clean, but the one here are bloody manky, for 50p I shouldn't have to hover:)

8. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

That would annoy me too.

It's really not worth the time trying to get the refund of 50p either. In reality the best way to improve the service is to pay for it and establish a market for it to encourage competition. So long as there is only one provider the quality will be low and the prices high.

9. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Or follow Grumps rule number 1 , dont go anywhere there is not a handy tree to P behind :up:

10. Stevie Darling

Mmmmm, think I will stick a tree in the Back of the car,

portaloo:)

11. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

Last time i pee,d when i london it cost me £250 ,

The magistrate said it was unacceptable to pee up a police officers leg even if you are drunk as a sack

12. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

You were not mugged as I expect it was clearly advertised at 30p to pee. So you paid for a service that is all. You had a choice to either use that toilet or wait and use the one on the train, that you have paid for in the ticket.

The owner of the facility have to pay rates for water, electric, rent, ect, it's 30p it's unbelievable you are even moaning about it.
    Next time you go to London take an empty pop bottle.

Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  13. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

I've seen a few of those on the tele lately. And there was I thinking it had something to do with storms. You learn something every day don't you?
    Dag;)

14. mikigough

mikigough Engaging Member

And I moan about paying 5 Baht.

15. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

should they also have a breathing charge then? you enter a business premises and are charged 1p a minute to inhale and exhale as keeping the air quality is costly with fan/ac running all day

16. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

No. Because the air you breath experiences no scarcity in practice. There are times when air is scarce or a particular type of air is scarce and it can be sold then. E.G. when diving you purchase air or a clean room may require filtered air and pay for its supply. The issue of air con is really an issue of cost of exclusion. In practice it would be impossible to supply cool air to people who have paid for it and not others who are in the same room.

I'm fine with free toilet facilities but if someone wishes to charge any amount to use them good luck. If I'm desperate I'll pay and know that I'm better off with him there than no toilet at all.

James

17. Squats

Squats Engaging Member

Stay down on the coast Soximus, much more civilised :D

18. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

I can see that going down a storm in pubs...with my bladder I'd be spending more in the toilets than the bar.....

19. ambriel

ambriel Engaging Member

They were charging 20p up here, over on the east coast, last year but then the council worked out it was costing them more in staff wages to collect it than they were making so made all the staff redundant and put honesty boxes in place instead.

20. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Grumps is staying in the sticks !! lived in London for a while back in the 90s due to a terrible illness and addiction . Think you lot call it being in love :eek::mad: Anywho cured for years now and aint going back to Londidium . Unless grumps favourite theatre group performs Shakespeare there again . Mention that outside this forum and face the wrath off Grumps . Nope Grumps is staying where a man can urinate or defecate behind a tree when ever needed :up: