1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

most collectable air gun brands and models

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by Bullwhip, May 23, 2014.

1. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

What in your esteemed opinions gentlemen, are the most collectable air rifle brands and models ever produced.

my vote would have to go to the BSA's of old, based solely on the availability and price. they represent value, performance and in some cases prestige.
    If I had a blank check the most desirable BSA I would get would be a mint airsporter stutzen.
    purely because im an old fashioned kind of guy.

so what are your choices?

Slipknot88 likes this.
  2. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    I think it all depends on your age ,if you grew up pre war the likes of lincoln Jefferies and the like bring back fond memories,then say post war Bsa,s and webleys say up till the sixties.Then intothe seventies you onlyhave to look at some of the old airgun ads which can be access from the forum what a choice all to be collectables,my choice has to be Weihrauch,s But in say 40years time will a Crossman Ratcatcher be collectable who knows or even a HW45 pistol be as collectable as the webley junior and the like,do you think in a hundred years people wanting a Daystate Airwolf. We will have to wait and see

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Brandon James likes this.
  3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

[​IMG] Sussex Armoury Gun's :cool:

4. goatboy

goatboy Engaging Member

1000 made, high quality, superbly accurate, 1st Air Arms PCP, or any other early Air Arms for that matter . The Shamal, and i have one in early double figure production numbers which i hold in higher esteem than any 1938 Heanel Mod 1 DRP, or Diana mod 16 which i also own. Can't speak for anything else till i get it, but i wouldn't mind a Webley Service Mk II if the truth be told.

Rotherham Owl likes this.
  5. anchovie

anchovie Banned

Theoben rapid7 mk1 ,not a very pretty looking gun by any standards but very accurate , reliable , easy to work on and just basically one of the best work horses there is............in my opinion.............and possibly an air arms camargue

mmamonster and bucketboy like this.
  6. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I collect Crosmans over the years they made lots of different models stiles and variations and lots of other accessorys to go with the guns.

7. caddyman

caddyman Engaging Member

Gasman, that pic of the Sussex armoury weapons is my childhood in one, loved them all, the pistol with the skelly stock was one I wanted, also liked the asi paratrooper.

:):up:

8. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Skan for me..

9. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

there is a good mix of rifles in that list gentlemen.

I will be honest and say that I have never considered pcp's to be collectable, not sure why that is; they have been around long enough now.
    if i was going to choose a pcp to add purely as a collectors piece I think I would go for the parker hale phoenix, never handled or shot one; but those lines!
    pure class.

10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

View attachment 96879 njr100 :D

11. chivy

chivy Busy Member

i would go with the phoenix, and the webley axsor

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  12. Ronnieman

Ronnieman Engaging Member

13. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

brocock herald. best looking air rifle EVER made

14. anyoldiron

anyoldiron Donator

BC Canada, formerly Pulborough West Sussex

Gasman, love em, i had forgotten about Sussex armourys black rifles from back in the day!

15. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Bsa rifles, and webley pistols, that's what I seem to go for.

John

16. Largerider

Largerider Posting Addict

Got to be the Parker Hale Dragon form me.

jaisalmere likes this.
  17. John90

John90 Newbie

Following the lines of 1961nuffield, relatively modern stuff for me: Webley Premier intermediate model, BSA Mercury, both in .22, as modern classics. Maybe an FWB 300s for target shooting.

18. fozzy45

fozzy45 Member

I collect BSAs so that get my vote.
    So far my collection consists of.
    . 2 mk2 1959 Airsporters, 1 is mint with box.
    . 2 Stutzens, both fantsatic condition, but one better than the other..
    . Airsporter carbine in .177 and near mint condtion.
    . Airsporter Mk 6 restored.
    . Airsporter Mk 7 in mint condition.
    . Airsporter Mk1 S in mint condition.
    . Airsporter Mk2 S in mint condition.
    . Airsporter Mk3 S in near mint condition.
    . MercuryS in fantastic condition.
    . Mercury Challenger in near mint condition.
    I am now looking for a Centenary. So if anyone wants to sell me one or knows where one is for sale I would like to know.
    The collection will keep growing.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  19. thunderbird

thunderbird Newbie

Hallo, sorry to trouble you but ive a crosman E9A series-5.00mm (20) Cal., , what is it and how was it powered, i wont find this forum again can you reply to magna986@hotmail.com, its for sale any way, many thanks. Brian.

20. husky

husky Donator

I can remember drooling over adverts for exotic guns in adverts from the 60s and 70s things like the Crosman M1 carbine and Winchester lookalikes there was also a rifle that looked like one of the long muskets used by mounten men. other guns like the ASI Paratrooper and Sharp pump guns. I dont remember the maker but there was a replica of the Ruger mini 14 with both a full stock and a colapsible stock both using the same pump up internals. I have maneged to track down a few and am on the look out for others. One that I am espesualy chufed with is the early Crosman M1 carbine. From what I can find out they were only made with wooden furniture for the first year then moved on to plastic. As the gun came with no instructions it took me a while to work out how to load and fire the gun. To load you pull back what wuld be the cocking lever on the real gun and that opens a hole near the front top of the gun so you can load BB's. To cock the gun is very strange you push the barrel into the gun then pull it out to its starting position trying not to get any part of your self in front of the barrel then aim fire and repeat. Dont loose the dummy magazine they are rare in the States and over hear you will find then rite next to the hens teeth when buried in rocking horse dropings.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014