1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Morons!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tombillings916, Sep 23, 2014.

1. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

More bad press for us Airgunners I'm afraid, big headlines and photos in our local paper of a cat that had to be put down after being shot, the Vet removed 2 pellets and a Dart (X Ray showing the body) but was unable to save it, makes my blood boil :mad:

2. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Idiots going to ruin it for the rest of us :mad:

3. busanga

busanga Posting Addict

Do they know who did it, they should be prosecuted! Made to do community service in am animal shelter and have their guns confiscated.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  4. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

North Bristol, South Gloucestershire (Thornbury)
    They should have better pellet control. Micro identifier on each one. Either microchip or like a hallmark. That way pellet can be traced to a seller and possibly to a buyer. Problem is increased cost.

Or make every pellet seller record the brand, grain, batch etc... Of pellets and ask for ID from customers and make a copy. Then police can pull the pellet from the cat, see what shops sold that brand, find if any customers live close to the cats last known position and move in.

Bullets from any gun can be traced back to that gun surely ballistics experts can do the same for air rifles.

5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

There seem to be loads and loads of cats in the media being shot at the moment. I think it's always been quite common, just wondering why the reporting is high right now. Something bad on the horizon?

6. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

The thing I hate about these cruelty to cats being shot is that you have no idea if its down to just cruelty or in fact some one defending there propperty... Maybe the cats attacked some ones prized pigeons? Or other live stock?

The papers are quick to tarnish the sport and give it more bad rep! Now I know how quick a cat would run away after being shot as its instinct for them this making it harder to know why its been shot but I wish they would think that there is a possibility that the cats been up to no good and not just jump to conclusions...

7. Barni

Barni Donator

High power water pistols , a hosepipe or even a bucket of water have the same effect . No need to shoot them as all it does is make things worse for us :(

8. Scope.22

Scope.22 Engaging Member

Cats using other peoples gardens as crapping grounds and strong stinking p**s all over peoples property making their gardens a fouling ground and almost un usable, are perhaps some of the causes. In neighbourhoods, some cats really are vermin with what they do to peoples property.

Though, I am not condoning this at all, would never condone anything illegal. I belong to a club, I shoot legally, so I am too unhappy with anyone bringing the sport into disrepute.

9. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I agree also I couldn't hurt some ones loving family pet!

10. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Even if the cat has been causing a problem that doesn't give anyone the right to shoot it with an airgun there are other humane alternatives as suggested.The Censored that do this sought of thing are a bloody menace and are ruining our sport and it won't be long before some politician seizes on it, for publicity reasons,and tries to get more legislation for air guns.

11. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Too late chap, that has already happened.

Look deeper as to why there is so much reporting of airgun crime.......instructions from Westiminster to dredge up as much dirt as possible, in readiness for taking to the General Election campaigns coming up soon. Cynical? Me? ;)

12. Scope.22

Scope.22 Engaging Member

What would they do? Licence the sport and so long as you belong to a club along with having a criminal records check, you're good to go?

13. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Shooting cats is wrong but if people are so worried about them they should look after them and keep them in ....there is loads where I live and they are always trying to get the birds in my avairy but the owners dont care abouy that ...if they kept them in they wouldnt get shot would they .as I said of course its wrong to shoot someones pet but always 2 sides to every story

14. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I'm member of a shooting range but why should anyone have to be a member of a club to enjoy using an air rifle legitimately and a criminal record check wouldn't stop this sort of thing happening as it's very often perpetrated by people who have no criminal record and whose neighbours may be unaware that they even own an airgun.They're just cat haters.

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Yep, that's what I'm thinking too. I expect to see it on BBC breakfast news soon. I was thinking today that the shooting community has no figure head. I didn't much like Bob Crow from the RMT but if we shooters could have paid him enough to be our mouthpiece he would have been worth every penny and we wouldn't have had any worries about Westminster.

16. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

People have been shooting cats with air rifles for years and as far as I know it has not caused a single change in air rifle legislation or new laws? They should just prosecute the people caught doing it but also have a serious word with the owners if the cat has been causing a nuisance (Garden crapping etc). It's annoying for gardners etc and I can sympathise with their situation, but shooting cats is NOT the answer ever! I'm glad my 3 are indoor only cats and so I don't have to worry about them annoying neighbours etc.

What if people started shooting dogs because the owners let them crap all over the place and are too lazy/uncaring to pick it up? (Our small town is terrible for this). Dog owners would be up in arms about it and there would be public outcry about it and rightly so. Why should cats be any different? They are living breathing animals just the same and have owners who care a great deal about them. I don't know what the answer is.

I wouldn't be surprised if most cat air rifle shootings are done by teenagers just because they think it's funny or whatever. A few years ago, there were regular reports, (not too far from me) of "people" going out and stabbing horses and ponnies through the eyes and neck with purposley sharpened screwdrivers. They caught the cruel b******* eventually.....Gang of teenagers!! There are some sick people around that's for sure.

Andy.

17. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I know this doesn't give a person the right to shoot to harm or kill a persons pet cat or even a stray cat, but my point is that the details would be nice rather than them just jumping to a conclusion that its another evil air gunner being a nuisance ruining the sport for every one...

It would just be nice if they did some research as to why the cat was shot in the first place... If its worth a mention in the papers then surely its worth a quick investigation as to what provoked a person to shoot it! Rather than just a head line saying animal shot by airgun bla bla followed by a write up another dead cat with air gun pellet wound... Which just tarnishes the sport!
    Where as if the head lines read "local man shoots cat to defend his property/pets" followed with a write up of to what his reasons where for shooting it... Followed by the punishment he faces! It would help the public to be more understanding and not be so damaging to the sports reputation!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  18. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

I have a cat that drives me mad lives two doors along so under fed ...always messing in my garden mainly the large flower pots , and loves to watch the birds feeding but hopefully can't reach them ..... What can you do the owner can't really keep it in as that's not fair ..... I have worked out just throw a glass of water not even at it and its off I only have to open the back door and its off :D

19. Patrick

Patrick Donator

There are no two sides to a case like this,Shooting a cat with an air gun is a criminal offence it's as simple as that!As I and another member has said if you're having a problem with cats in your garden for whatever reason there are humane ways of dealing with it.As for one member saying cats crapping and p*****g everywhere making a garden unusable,don't make me laugh. One thing I do find strange is the fact that the cat had three wounds inflicted on it bearing in mind that no cat after being shot with an air gun is going to hang around for you to take a 2nd and 3rd shot at it could mean that more than one person/shooter was involved or that the unfortunate animal was cornered or trapped.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Quite right Margaret, most cats once they've been chivvied off a few times they get the message.