1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

More Restrictions

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Bluetoe, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Bluetoe

Bluetoe Engaging Member

New restrictions hit Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire, you can no longer visit other family members in their home, in the garden is ok, so presumably is meeting them in the pub, chip shop or any other public place. This restriction has been put in place due to people ignoring the social distancing rules when visiting the homes of relatives. Of course, everybody is studiously refusing to acknowledge the "Elephant in the room"

2. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Is the Elephant in the room Dumbo by any chance. :thumb:

Pete2 likes this.
  3. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

That's because telling the truth is not allowed. We all know who, and why.

4. willo1962

willo1962 Posting Addict

They can TRY to re introduce these restrictions but I have had enough. So its ok to go into a supermarket with a mask on with 100's of other people but you cant visit family who are in your bubble who you have now been visiting for weeks. This is not health related issue this is now about social control and how far we are prepared to be pushed.
    I think they want us to rebel against the measures they have introduced to give them an excuse to use police/army martial law. Its as if they are deliberately provoking people into social unrest.
    The worst part is that they have scared people that much that there are members of the public willing to do the job of the police and inform on neighbours/ people who they believe are not towing the line.

ukglyn, ples73, Richard James and 9 others like this.
  5. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

We know who.

WR14210, Trident93 and Bluetoe like this.
  6. shergar

shergar Posting Addict

Good to know that although we can't mix with friends & family in Oldham or Darwen, we can all go and meet up in Blackpool. With regulations full of these anomalies, and those in high office ignoring them anyway, the," Plan", is to blame the public for future infections, together with the direct and consequential losses to the economy. Feeding the mindset of neighbours blaming neighbours will ensure success.

7. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

There are so many exemptions to all these rules that from the start you could have done just as you pleased so long as you had your exemption ready in your head.

When government fear the people there is liberty. When people fear the government there is tyranny.

I suggest ignoring laws telling you where to go, who to associate with what to wear on your face.

I respect anyone who wishes me to keep away for their own safety but if I wish to meet people who feel the same way then the state has no right to interfere.

8. They're in the vents!

They're in the vents! Busy Member

Give a little take a little bit more, no one wants spikes or to see Jones the Farmer come back. What we need is a vaccine, maybe a compulsory one then we can all have a virus passport that needs to carried with you at all times under threat of arrest. And the really clever thing is, the majority of the people would welcome it.

Bagster66, Richard James and SteveO like this.
  9. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Vere are your paperz!!!

Richard James, SteveO, ped and 2 others like this.
  10. They're in the vents!

Exactly, only these papers would be in the form of a credit card type thing which would be constantly read by the thousands of 5g devices that the government were installing even through the lockdown.

11. snipperuk

snipperuk Minion

A UPS driver that comes in every day who lives at dewsbury educated me why the lockdown is in the certain areas....

Richard James, Pete2, SteveO and 2 others like this.
  12. TonyB55

TonyB55 Engaging Member

There are always two explanations to these situations. There is conspiracy and c0c up. In my experience the latter is normaly the one that is true. Our leaders seem to have the idea that they have to do something to look as if they are in charge. The country is being led by buffoons.

The Ecologist, Hans Free and yosser57 like this.
  13. willo1962

willo1962 Posting Addict

Nope a compulsory vaccine would cause chaos. I for one dont want any of their poison pumped into me without extensive testing. This is the kind of social control I am talking about and the majority of the people would not accept it. Like any other vaccine it takes years of testing but you would willingly become their guinea pig and want others to be forced to accept it.

Cam., Richard James, vonbeck and 8 others like this.
  14. They're in the vents!

I agree with you but,, let me word it differently. A vaccine is developed, were told it's safe. How many would just accept that at face value. If you have the vaccine you get the passport which gives your more freedom and access to facilities than you would have without the virus vaccine. Once the majority have had the vaccine the rest must surely follow.
    And you don't think they the people would accept it? If someone had asked you this time last year if the people would accept what we've got now what would you have said. We do what were told .

15. HairyHobbit

HairyHobbit Engaging Member

Who is going to police this new stupidity? Who is going to be peeking through the curtains?

Maybe it’s more of a reminder or a wake up call. Pathetic really.

16. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Very Active

So after this weeks religious celebrations we should see a big increase in cases as the group celebrating are supposed to be more at risk.
    But I suppose it will be like the blm protests and no big spike after that was there?

SteveO, ukglyn, Pete2 and 4 others like this.
  17. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

18. ajohn

ajohn Engaging Member

That's part of the problem. People don't realise that catching it can be serious. Death is one thing but going to hospital and coming out alive doesn't mean all is ok.

The gov has provided plenty of info on it all of the way through. I'm in B'ham and what happened in the early days was interesting. Some people were taking the mickey about infection rates in B'ham and London. In need of a life I watched it spread daily. My brother lives up north in Yorkshire. Hardly any cases at all for a while but eventually it just took of. Same elsewhere in the North and the South East.

The catch with it really is when some one needs treatment in hospital 'cause if some one does death is a distinct possibility and coming out rather ill is as well. Seems to go in that direction once people are in their 40's and the need for hospital increases with age. The people who don't take it seriously aught to go catch it and find out. May have no symptoms at all but .................................

Pete2 likes this.
  19. Bluetoe

Bluetoe Engaging Member

This pandemic is not going to end if people can't obey simple rules

Earlier this week people in Oldham were told to stop visiting friends and family to avoid a full local lockdown after the number of coronavirus cases more than quadrupled in a week.

Late on Thursday night, Mohammed *****’s dining table in Oldham was groaning under an Eid al-Adha feast carefully prepared for the following morning.
    His family’s new clothes were laid out ready to spend the next day with uncles , aunties, cousins and parents.
    Why? when they had been warned days before not to arrange a mass gathering like this

Mohammed ****, 33, said the Muslim community felt like the targets of the lockdown. “We have been singled out, otherwise why would you announce a lockdown the night before Eid? it’s sending out a certain kind of message,” he said. "They could have given us some notice, even just a few days, but to do it the night before when all the meals were prepared and we had made plans is just not right.”
    Again notice was given that the celebrations could not be held this year yet preparations were still made

Shariqa ******, 25 said “None of my family have had coronavirus or died from it and we’ve been following the rules but to do this today makes us all feel like we’ve done something wrong.

Racism in action! ."targets", "singled out", "sending out a certain kind of message", "just not right", "feel like we've done something wrong"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Cam. and Pete2 like this.
  20. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

I’m still waiting for the restrictions to hit Essex where I’m not allowed to see the wife :shrug:

Bladesmith, ukglyn, Wild Bill and 2 others like this.