1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

More Fuel For The Anti Air Gun People.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Harley_Steve, May 10, 2018.

1. Harley_Steve

Harley_Steve Engaging Member

2. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Donator

Yes but once again, would that scrote who shot the cat apply for a licence if it was introduced? I very much doubt it

3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Is it just me? I don't think this is real....

The young child is eloquent enough to use the specific wording "air rifle" on the poster as though to draw attention to what's happening currently - and also the offending pellet in the photo is not deformed in anyway whatsoever - fresh out of the tin I'd say..

Conversely if this is real the person who did this is sick and should be punished.

Blackmax likes this.
  4. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

To quote that American guy, fake news? Suppose that could be possible, but go to all that trouble of making posters etc, I’am not sure.
    Maybe some lout with an airgun, or it could be nice Mr Smith down the road with the lovely lawn, who knows, pretty sure they wouldn’t apply for any type of licence though.
    Any members on here know if the number of cats being shot in Scotland has decreased since their scheme came in.

5. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

I have to say, I believe a lot of these stories are fantasy IMO and merely a juicy nugget to get the mutts salivating.

I'd sooner believe in almighty God than some of this fiction, you can usually tell fact from fiction with these stories, the stench of BS is overwhelming.

RickOchet, Blackmax and littleJon365 like this.
  6. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

The story of the swan with the x-ray with about 30+ perfectly shaped pellets in its head, how did it stand around long enough to get that many? and why weren't they all smashed and deformed? Surely they would have hit each other on impact?

Does anyone know what happens to a pellet when it hits another pellet.... o_O:loser::facepalm: thankfully we ain't as dumb as the suckers who fall for this propaganda! ... --- ...

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Blackmax likes this.
  7. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

I wouldn't say it was any sort of conspiracy from anyone, but it smacks of someone at the Daily Getsmuchworse (and bleeding out on circulation figures) having a bee in his bonnet about airguns and putting the boot in.
    Years ago when I was a reporter an old guy from one of the national papers told me about an Express photographer buying a teddy bear to put among the wreckage of a serious train crash.
    Sadly, people still read British newspapers.

RickOchet and Blackmax like this.
  8. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Obviously the DE haven't got anything better to report so just decided on the usual sensationalist bull cr@p to fill the space ... probably saw THIS and thought they'd do their own ? Copycats :facepalm:

RickOchet, Blackmax and Mortimer like this.
  9. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

there are pics like this that are obviously fake, apparently the cat was playing in the garden when it was shot... why is the pellet pointing upwards?
    [​IMG]

10. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

:D How strange. Now it looks like the DE man has kids' crayons and cards in the boot of his car --- along with his collection of teddy bears. :D

Blackmax and That hurts like this.
  11. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

My teddy is well over 50 years old and has more common sense in his front left paw than the whole DE editorial team put together, plus knows when to keep his gob shut ;):D

mike-carter, Blackmax and MrOvershoot like this.
  12. Blackmax

Blackmax Very Active

I doubt it considering it's only been a less than 5% uptake in Scotland.

13. mike-carter

mike-carter Very Active

Not strictly true is it? The whole Flipping press. I gave up buying newspapers years ago. They got to be more entertaining than The Beezer, Dandy & Beano put together.

metalman and That hurts like this.
  14. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

5% are you sure about that, didn’t think it was that low.

15. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

That's really some going... shooting a cat in the shin from behind and getting the pellet staying in the soft tissue - what are the odds? you'd expect to see a broken bone or the pellet at a different angle and very deformed.

It's so easy for someone to photoshop a picture, place some pellets under a corpse before x-ray or even shoot a dead cat repeatedly and then claim it was the pellets that killed it - who knows what motives people have? Oh yeah... to make us look bad!

They really must try harder but I guess they don't have to as it doesn't take much convincing for people who have already made up their minds that airgunners are all cat shooting monsters.

We really don't stand a chance with this propaganda machine running at full tilt!

That hurts likes this.
  16. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Post Whore

As far as the link goes I cannot see anything in the article that is particularly anti gun!

17. hughwp

hughwp Engaging Member

18. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Really ... read again and if you can't detect sensationalist BS, book an appointment with Specsavers !

Had the report been made with straight facts then fair enough, but the tone used by the DE here will do nothing for our cause and merely incite the antis even more.

19. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Just had a strong word Mike and teddy realises his error ... what he really meant was his right front paw ...
    20180512_054354.jpg
    ;):D

MrOvershoot and mike-carter like this.
  20. hughlle

hughlle Big Poster

Could be written by the parent, as if from the child. A message always hit harder when there is a cute little sprog and their hard earned pennies involved.

Kids these days though. At that age I could have saved my pocket money for a year and I'd have about £3 if I was lucky.

mikeyhall1 likes this.