1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

MK 1 HW100 or 2006 Daystate Air Ranger?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by JamesWhat, Aug 29, 2014.

1. JamesWhat

JamesWhat Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I know this has been done to death, but not on older rifles. I've a pretty tight budget and have been offered a MK 1 HW100 or 2006 Daystate Air Ranger for roughly the same money (although the HW is scoped and the Air Ranger not).

What would you go for, taking into account the MK1 isn't quick fill and has a non screw fit silencer and the older Air Ranger wasn't as refined as the newer versions.

Thanks loads,

James

2. XTX

XTX Donator

The one that fits you best. Nothing is worse than a rifle that does not fit you.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Air ranger for def

Don't like the Mk1 hw100s for a few reasons mainly the unscrewing of the bottle and threads getting worn, plus the shape of the old stocks was very lets say cricket bat, the mk2 quickfill made me buy one, beforehand I didn't like them.

Like the airranger even the early ones will be good hunters loads of shots nice fitting stocks, good magazines, accurate.

4. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

air ranger with no doubts

i like my hw100, but i like my daystates more

5. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

like matey said try them both think hw not having quick fill is a bit of a ball aik saying that i own an airwolf and an 100t and shoot my 100t more and slightly better both good guns both with pro and cons daystate to pricey for services and in my poinion no better than the hw over rated remember its practice and the shooter that makes the shot ,its a bad workman that blames his tools ,they are all desighned to do the same job lol

6. JamesWhat

I would have been keen on your Mk 3 if only I wasn't a left hooker!

7. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

u have PM

8. JamesWhat

Replied to

9. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Daystate is far more simple to service/work on than the HW100.

Unless its electric then your stuffed!:D

10. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

forgot to mention cant double breach one of the new hw niether

11. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

If it was a newer HW with a quick fill it would be different but I'd say go for the Daystate.

Chris

12. howdener

howdener Engaging Member

I would buy neither,save up a bit more and buy something newer.Just my opinion.Cheers

13. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

As much as i love HW100's and i do truly rate them, out of the two guns mentioned i would say the Ranger.

Depending on it's age the Ranger might be regged, the early ones were, as for working on either, it's like anything else, if you're familiar with something and know what you're doing they're both easy enough to work on.

I could strip and rebuild an HW100 almost with my eyes shut.

Both great guns, if both guns were the latest models i would say the HW100 but in this instance i'd say the Ranger ;)

14. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Save up some more funds and wait until you can afford a new HW100 in .177 . And that's coming from a member who owns both. KB1

15. Ronnieman

Ronnieman Engaging Member

Im with KB1 save and stretch your budget for something a little newer..

I have also owned both.

be warned though, imo Daystate are the most overrated/overpriced guns on the market!

all that glitters aint gold!

Just sold mine and gone back to HW100! at half the price they are just as good, and everything just works. :up:

atb

16. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Ranger all day any day

17. JamesWhat

It's a 2006 Ranger and not overly used, one owner etc. I have to say I could go and finance either new, but i'm not keen on another monthly payment.

Thanks loads to all......still undecided!

18. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

Ranger but only if it fits.