1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Sony 600TVL CCD D-WDR Auto IRIS Bullet OSD CCTV Box Camera system 45*40mm

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by Harwich Shooter, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Here is a picture that I took last night with a great little camera that I bought a while ago.

I am using this camera http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321243689939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 as an 'add on' behind a really cheap Cvlife 3X9 40 scope (which in itself is marvellous for £25)

You have to play around with the OSD a little bit to get the optimum picture.

The picture is looking at the summer house at the bottom of the garden which is 42 metres and the bricks behind are the neighbours house at 62metres.

I am illuminating with my home made 850nm zoomable silver torch. I also tried Terry's small torch, (not pictured) which lights up the target even better and for longer distances 100m plus. Again, the photo does not do the actual image justice. I just snapped the pic with my Nikon.
    DSCN7125.jpg

Oh, yes with a CS mount 16mm IR lens. The seller will also remove the pink glass IR cut filter if you ask.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. neiled

neiled Donator

Great picture. Does it have the IR filter that needs removing and what lens do you use ?

3. neiled

neiled Donator

Sorry I'm reading this on my mobile and didn't see all your post with your answers to my questions below the photo!

4. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

can we see your rifle set up when its fitted to your scope please

5. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Of course sillygarry.
    Not the prettiest of set ups but it works a treat. The camera and lens is gently inserted into some 50mm push fit black waste pipe which in turn has some 1.5" swimming pool pipe slid into the front of it which in turn slides over my scope which is approx 41mm diameter. I cut 4 slots into the 1.5" pipe and sanded the inside to get a nice fit. 2 hose clamps to secure and Bob's your Aunty. I focused the camera/lens first just by holding it approx 50mm behind the scope.

DSCN7134.jpg DSCN7126.jpg DSCN7128.jpg DSCN7130.jpg DSCN7133.jpg

6. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

The mid range cameras do work well for air rifle ranges and that system has come together nicely.

7. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

thanks Terry. I will be out early tomorrow at sparrow's fart, dark o'clock. I have your small torch hooked up to my spotter. I see 70 metres in the back garden before the neighbours roof gets in the way, so it should be good. I will report back tomorrow.

8. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Good luck with tomorrows session, hope it's not raining.

9. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

10. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Yes Weebster, this box camera is pretty good. I like it. Can you tell me what chipset does that PoppyMae recommended camera have? is it as good as a ICX633?

I do have a better board camera with ICX633 and 4140 OSD that I am building into a small black box. Should be good and ready to test next week.
    Yes, Terry fingers crossed for the weather. Cling film at the ready for the gear! :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  11. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

ICX 672/673 iirc

12. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Thanks Weebster. On paper and according to Wolff2233 on the nightvisionforum the ICX 672/673 is not as sensitive as the ICX632/3.
    I have fired up a board camera (PAL) CCD Board Assembly Sony ICX633 + Nextchip NVP2030 + AD9943 +480TVL Supports OSD PAL Signal System and I am impressed. I still have to finish the build so that I can mount it. I also have a (PAL) 1/3 Inch Sony CCD Sensor Board ICX633 + CXD4140 + D5148 + 520TVL PAL Signal System -- No OSD Cable but I am waiting for the OSD cable for it.
    Will keep you posted.

13. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

I take it you refer to this http://www.astro-video.com/ccd-sensors-information.html if only it was just down to how sensitive the camera is to light in general things would be a lot easier and cheaper to suss out :)
    Unfortunately for nv the only light that concerns us is infrared and how sensitive the camera is to that wave length in the light spectrum...add to that resolution,lens etc and already things start to become a little bit more difficult.
    Imo the better cameras will always be the monochrome type over colour,sadly not alot of those to choose from.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  14. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

thanks Weebster. yes, thats it. It is very hit and miss when buying cameras so it is nice to hear when someone finds a reasonably priced unit that works nicely.

I will have to buy a watec 902H at some point to see what I am missing (and to give me a benchmark)

15. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

The 902h is good,but the kpc-e700 is according to some better,certainly the image quality I am getting with the sony effio cam I have at the moment is better and without any 'white out' that I got at close range with the 902h.
    In my opinion the e700 would be a better buy new as the guy on ebay selling 902h's at £125 + post is flogging seconds....mine had at least a dozen dead/hot pixels and others had worse,add to that a new 902h cost's double what he sells for so I very much doubt they are 100% new....more like factory refurbs sold of cheap to dealers.

16. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Thanks Weebster. I will either purchase the kpc-e700 or the poppymae camera from ali express.

Just got back from shooting. Got one Rabbit at 05:50hrs with the DIY NV and at 9 am, 2 daft wood pigeons who got too close.

17. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

You loving the hw100 mate.spot on now ?

18. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Good morning Stevenb. Yes, it is a lovely gun and it is most accurate with Bisley Magnums. Also getting a Nikon prostaff EFR 3-9X40 AO matte scope on tuesday for it as well. Its getting a lot of use at my perm. 11 rabbits so far since mid December.

What is you flavourite gun of the moment? Are those Rats getting a bashing?

Cheers.

19. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

For the rats I'm using my xtx tuned scorpion t10 in .25 but I've just bought an Edgun lelya and Matador both in .177. So accurate and the quality is second to none.might get there stocks remade in laminate.glad the hw100 is doing you a good turn though mate.all the best Steve

20. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Had to look up the Edgun Lelya and Matador. Exotic looking little guns. Happy Hunting. Cheers, Paul