1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

milbro g36

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by meerkat1, Jun 25, 2014.

1. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

just picked up a milbro g36 .22 bit rusty but still cocks and fires quite heavy could be the start of a bit of a refurb :)

2. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

ive got the same rifle mate,its in bits at the mo lol....this one has diana g36, but it is a milbro, am sanding and wooling the metalwork down, have already part done the stock,clumsy grip on the stock,and trigger, but they work well, and im not looking forward to taking the trigger off,....shed loads o them springy things in there :eek:, i just want it as back to original as i can get it,maybe up the power a tad, cos, it was like a mouse fart last time i fired it.. nice lil project, this one still has the original scope, i just need to crack on with it, :rolleyes:

3. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

First rifle I ever shot my old mans diana stamped g 36 made in Great Britain ,I guess early 70s ,light and usable but chopped the skirt ever time ,still accounted for lots of rats n mice even in the day.
    Nice safety , we ditched the worn leather transfer seal for hw 80 seal tapered rear to fit .
    I like these .
    Nice one hope the project goes well

4. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

got mine off a mate who was moving house had it in his loft with the weird scope only wanted a tenner too !! i`ll post some pics soon .

5. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

im just not lookin forward to having the trigger out, :susp: tricksy, fiddly lil springs and my pork chop,calloused digits, i cant feel my finger ends :mad:...means frustration lol so ive been puttin it off,that, the stingray project,and developing the dreaded "crosmanitis" :eek:...means its been neglected, i will do it though ;)

6. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

incidently, does yours have a gold "s" stamped in the stock ?

7. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

No gold s stamped in stock on those I've seen.
    I'm sure I heard or saw pics before 're such , could be someone's own touches

8. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

ive asked on here before mate and no none had,...its a machine, or more probably hand stamped s in gold...it does look like it belongs there, it has me flummoxed,...:confused:...even google has no answers

9. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

just looked it`s got a S stamped in the stock but in black

10. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

well if you ever find out what it stands for mate, let me, ive looked everywhere and got b****r all on it
    andy

11. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

isn`t it for when the safety is on becuase the lever lines up with it

12. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

13. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

14. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

its in better nick than than the one i got , this was found on a wall unit top, massively neglected and abused , but a project, have you looked through the scope since taking it off the rifle, its like a laggy band crosshair :rolleyes:, till yo put it back on the rifle,where it it re aligns when fixed, and yeah...deffo worth a tenner :up:

15. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

i`ll have to try the scope it wasn`t on when i got the rifle , the rifle seems pretty powerful too

16. Crossman

Crossman Well-Known Member

I have one of these, with the safety catch missing and in a much worse state than yours. Some clown had put a much bigger spring than standard in causing it to catch every coil as you cock it!
    It needs a full job doing on the gun, one day I will make a start!

17. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

tried to put the scope on one of the bolts sheared off probably bin that then , a nikko stirling went straight on it mounts and all set it up at 16 meters and grouped around 30mm bit of a twang to it though but pleasing :) View attachment 99128 View attachment 99129 View attachment 99130 View attachment 99131

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  18. JD

JD Donator

There should be a date stamp on the stock, where the butt pad would be if one was fitted.

19. Nickg

Nickg Busy Member

I have the Diana version , had it since I was 13:) , now 55:(, Modded it in the eighties when I didn't know what I was doing so it has the wrong piston in it , I would love the dimensions of the piston , spring and guide so that I can put it back to standard. If any one would measure theres and include some pictures I would be very gratefull.

20. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

now that could just be the kick up the arse i needed to strip the thing, cos it really does need it
    the "s" thing makes sense now, mine has no safety on, so didnt realise, nice one, been buggin me that :up: