1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Mickley Hall

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bemused, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

A crappy review but I'm not gifted in this are so forgive me.

I made a visit today to Mickley Hall shooting venue today.
    It's big, it's a big clay shoot ground with great facilities including a big club house complete with beer pumps. Oh hot drinks also available and hot food in the near future.

It has recently been advertising a new air rifle HFT range so I took an EV2 to shoot it FT style, turns out it was neither style.

First impression was it is big, clean and smart with many new buildings, second impression was it must be closed as I was the only one present then a nice lady appeared and showed me around, so it is open.

The plinking range has a large three sided canopy over the shooting position and is set out with a dozen bench rest tables and seats. The target area is "U" shapped and surrounded by enbankments to reduce wind significantly along with a plentiful array of shoot to reset targets along with a few Bisley card targets complete with cards.
    A huge amount of broken clays lay scattered on the embankment for a little fun.
    The downside is the targets are from around 12 yards to only 35 yards but using the enbankment tops could extend to extend to around 45 yards. There is space to one side of the benches to put down a shooting cushion or mat for sitting and prone.

The site is huge and there is potential for a 100 yard range with a little ingenuity.

There was to be a competition today along with prizes but was cancelled as being the only one present I would have come both first and last :)

I had read the course was set in HFT style so I set off to shoot it FT.
    First lane was shot from a covered Clay stand, and three targets set within a "U" shapped embankment. All the other lanes turned out to be the same layout.
    This was a kneeler next was a stander. Infact so it cotinued for all the other lanes / sheds were standers and kneelers with the exception of the last which was prone with a good quality mat installed for the prone. Odd I thought. Even odder was getting in position FT style as the firing line comprised of post and rails as would be expected for shooting clays. There was most always a rail in the way for kneeling or sitting. Other down sides were all stands had a limited range out to about max 35 yards and the embankment mostly reduced any challanges from wind.

So after shooting the course and it was fun even if not what I expected , I had a chat with the nice friendly couple running the shoot.
    Very simply they don't know how to organise the shoot but will take any advice and invest as in the ground in order to achieve a popular shoot format.

The good news is there is space and funds to creat a great shoot here once they understand what we need.

A the end of the lanes was a large (ish) pond with some good sized trees. This looked like the most suitable are for somes lanes with interest and challange, infact I could easily see twenty good shooting lanes here with over water, high in tree, bright light and dark all along with some wind influences.

So at the moment it is not a great shoot, but it could be. The owners whish to learn and are prepared to develop, great infrastructure already exist.
    This venue will either die off or develop to something rather nice.

The proprietors see using the covered clay stands as an advantage, for me it is the downfall.

I would like to visit again but it's soul destroying being on your own so if anyone would like to buddy up!

Tony

2. jackspratt

jackspratt Plinker Extraordinaire

Tony Hi,

Is this near Nantwich and how much was the pricing?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  3. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

They need to go to another place and have a look how its set up, WAR would be a good example for them to see.

4. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes John, about 15 minutes from M6 J16. Opens 10am entry is £10 which includeds a cuppa and competition entry with prize.

5. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes I suggested some visits.

6. Buckers

Buckers Member

Appreciate that this is a very old thread, but since I've just taken up AR shooting, and this place is only a mile away from where I live, I thought I'd give you an update.

It is now a successful clay shooting venue, with a well stocked shop, and apparently there are refreshments available too, (although I just take my flask to the range.)
    The Ar Rifle range is behind the old clubhouse, and is about 40 yds long, with numerous targets of all sorts to shoot at. The firing position is within a hut which has 4 positions, but can accomodate more shooters than that! There is a loo near the hut too.
    The ground itself is getting a bit weedy, but there are a few regulars who do their best to maintain it, over and above what the owners do. There is some astroturf waiting to go down.

The owner told me that in time they intend to develop the range up by the new clubhouse, and make it indoor. Time will tell.

It costs £5 to use it, for as long as you want. The facility is open from Tuesday to Saturday each week. There may be corporate/team building events on occasionally which incorporate use of the AR range as well as the clay stands (of which there are a lot), so it may well be wise to ask first, if you wish to attend.
    Their number is 0800 772 0058.

Hope this is some use to someone

https://mickleyhall.com/

Tim_B, wizwozuk and Squidwards Ghost like this.
  7. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Got excited for a second then - thought it was a review about me lol

8. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

9. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Oops...didn't know you'd turned up! :D

10. Dr B

Dr B Pheasant Whisperer

To be honest, so did I....!
    That would be a very different thread....:facepalm:

11. Carlos76

Carlos76 Major Poster

So did I not enough replies for Mikey hall thread:facepalm:

Squidwards Ghost likes this.
  12. mikeyhall1

There are reviews about me somewhere - BDSM and swingers sites usually :laff:

Squidwards Ghost and wizwozuk like this.
  13. mikeyhall1

Oh and how so......... lolo_O

Dr B likes this.
  14. mikeyhall1

:D

15. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

I hope they gave you a thumbs up! :up:

16. mikeyhall1

:eek: Up where

17. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

lol..I wish I could think of a witticism that would get past the censor...

18. mikeyhall1

:D

19. Iggypot

Iggypot Busy Member

I’ve been clay shooting there a couple of times and it’s a decent layout although a bit compromised by the fact that all the stands are in enclosed huts due to some noise related issues they had in the early days.

I’ve not used the air rifle range but I plan to give it a go as it’s only 30/40 minutes from where I live.

The owners, John and Scott Barnett are decent guys who can both (clay) shoot, so the ground is at least run by ‘shooters’.

When I first joined the forum I also thought that mikeyhall1 was the shooting ground

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  20. Squidwards Ghost

Squidwards Ghost Needs professional help. BANNED

If it was about mikey it would have the prefix "bad news" :mao:

Deleted member 54697 likes this.