1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Malakins dad has cancer.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Malakin, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

My fellow members
    it's been a while since yours truly has had the opportunity to post or even read anything on this fine forum.
    Back in December 2012 my father, who taught me everything from being decent to people to opening a car door for a woman and who to this day remains my best friend and hero, was diagnosed with cancer. In the space of 2 months he had to have a stent fitted to keep his heart working and had a third of his lung removed. The ops went ok but a few months after them the cancer had returned.
    Needless to say he has undergone several treatments of chemotherapy. I wouldn't wish the agony that he has gone through on my worst enemy. To watch him go from being the most active and energetic 78 year old to being a stick thin wreck has been difficult and heartbreaking. He now spends most of his waking day fighting for breath and has lost so much weight that his ribs and spine are showing.

Mrs Malakin, baby Malakin and I have spent the weekend with them and have had a great time. Mr Malakin Senior is a sword nut and it has been my great pleasure to give him a stunning Katana that I lovingly rebuilt myself. He was overjoyed to have a live blade sword and if Mrs Malakin Senior would have let him I believe he would have slept with it.
    Besides his family and katanas his other pain is pistol shooting.
    He owns a number of tanfoglio witnesses a beretta, a nickel cp88, a cp99 and an obscenely large Dan Wesson.

Dad used to shoot every single day. He had dozens of targets in the back garden and would spend at least an hour a day plinking away.
    I asked him if he had done any shooting recently and he said he hadn't. Being as ill as he has been he has lost interest in everything.

Wanting to get him outside in the sunshine I asked if I could have a go with his Dan Wesson. He was more than happy to let me have a play.
    I handed his pistol to him and asked if he was going to have a go. He shook his head and said that his hands shake so badly now that he simply can't shoot. I don't think I have ever heard such despair in a single comment and it broke my heart. I can't imaging not being able to shoot.
    When he went back into the house my wife heard him say to mother that he hadn't wanted to go outside because he can't shoot. It must have been the most painful thing for him to see me using his pistol and not being able to have a go.
    I of course felt awful.

I am an engineer at heart and don't believe that any problem is insurmountable. A problem is only something looking for a solution.
    On the drive home I have been mentally looking for a way to allow Mr Malakin Senior to be able to use his pistols.
    My solution is to build him a butt extension that is on an adjustable mount that he can have on the garden table. This will enable him to sit down and shoot.
    I have all the parts that I need in order to build the platform. What I am in desperate need of is an old rifle stock. This will be adapted to take any of the pistols that he owns in order for him to support his arm so that it doesn't shake.
    We are a very proud family so I don't ask this lightly, but does anybody have an old rifle stock that they don't want? It doesn't matter what condition it's in or how old it is, as long as you don't mind it being adapted for my dad to use. I am willing to pay for it obviously but I can't afford much.
    I would be eternally in your debt.

Mods I am truly sorry if this is in the wrong place but I know that most members read here.
    I look forward to hearing from anybody one way or the other.

Mal

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have a number of old stocks given to me by Grumpy but unfortunately they don't have fore-ends on them,would they still be of any use? I can PM you some pics and if you want one,it's yours

3. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    as matty says, anything we can do to help mate, just ask

4. m1nty

m1nty Well-Known Member

I have a HW100s carbine stock that i have swapped with a thumb hole stock. I was keeping it in case I wanted to swap back but it is yours if its any good.

Steve.

5. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

6. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Iv got a full stock of an old centre fire rifle , nowt flash but i can stick a pic on and if its any use to you its yours . Only ask for your postal address I knew id kept it for some reason :up:

7. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

That's very kind of you. Thank you.
    I would love to see some pics.

8. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I'm away for a while but will get some pics over soon,although they are nothing special,the above offers are probably a lot better (the HW100 stock would look great modified)

9. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

Steve thats a very kind offer. I'm a big HW fan and it would be a shame to adapt the stock. I will be removing the main trigger area of the stock so the pistol grip can slot into it. Any chance you could pm me a photo?

Mal

10. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

Grumps, glad to see your still here.
    I like the sound of an old rimfire stock. There would be lots of room for modifying it to take a pistol. Can you send me a photo if possible?

Mal.

11. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

Gents I can't say thank you enough for your kind offers. I will post pics of how the stock develops.

12. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Its an Old .223 Beech stock il take a pic tomorrow for you :up:

13. Jfrwhite

Jfrwhite Posting Addict

I don't have anything to offer Malakin, however, I wish you the best in finding a workable stock and really hope that you are able to get your Dad shooting once more!

14. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Hey sorry its a bit late , just got in from work , seems there is a little corner of the butt of the stock and its nowt flash but heres a couple of pics as i cant seem to PM pics :rolleyes: . If you can use it for Mr Malakin .Just PM me postal details . My turn help out one of the lads :up: Iv been the one the receiving end of the genuine community spirit more than once . Sure you will find a way to get him plinking again . Grumps

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  15. m1nty

m1nty Well-Known Member

16. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

steve that's a lovely looking stock and it would be a shame to cut it up. I'm taking Grumps up on his offer but could do with a second in case I make a mess of it. How much do you want for it?

guy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  17. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Good idea , iv held onto this to be cut up . i couldnt cut that HW stock up ! However if it was the thumb hole monstrosity :D Sthil 240 chain saw :D Good Job the 100 action is the best there is out of the box and Grumpy is a daystate owner :rolleyes:

18. leecraw66

leecraw66 Donator

I have stripped down an old relum tornado the stock is yours, if it is of any use to you.