1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Luger

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by bobbie1, May 12, 2012.

1. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

If a well made ''steel'' blowback Luger, with a rifled barrel was available I think they would sell like hot cakes ,running on co2 of course, doe's anyone make one ?
    I used to shoot a 9mm one that my mate owned at Diggle it was made in 1918, realy nice to shoot:)
    so what you reckon and what would be your ideal copy ,

2. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

to my knowledge, you can get co2 blowback lugers in 6mm airsoft, but not .177 bb or pellet.

3. Solware-Limited

Solware-Limited Well-Known Member

Hi spot on Lugers with exception of live firers are only available in airsoft.

4. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

It would have to be pellet with blowback , I tried the Tang witness although it looked and felt nice and operated ok it lacked the accuracy of a rifled barrel ,
    may be with modern technology the Japs or chinese may come up with a nice one suitable for paper punching :)

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  5. Solware-Limited

Solware-Limited Well-Known Member

Hi sorry but the future isn't pellets any more all new stuff is metal bb and airsoft. The airsoft version is popular due to renactment and skirmishers.

6. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

All the new stuff may-be ''b-b-s and plastic'' with young kid's, but I think the novelty will wear off , when they find they can't hit a cow on the backside,
    it may be good for business in the trade as lead pellets get forever costlier ,
    but I think genuine airgunners will always stick with accurate, well made lead pellets and rifled barrels ,,:)

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

not necessarily, as some of the new .177 smoothbore steel bb guns are surprisingly accurate (eg cybergun's sig 226 x five, tanfoglio witness, gsr 92, asg's dan wesson revolvers, umarex's s&w trr8 & r8 revolvers), & can be converted to rifled barrels. the revolvers also have adjustable sights, the new pistls are also better replicas of the live round guns they represent. plus, many makers are producing more .177 steel bb guns than lead pellet guns lately- & a lot of adult shooters are buying them.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  8. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

The Tang Witness I had was lacking in power and accuracy with no adjustable sights , and the rest you have said above (in bold),

9. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member