1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Lubed Pellets

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Potshot, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi all, I recently bought a tin of Napier's "Power Hunter" pellets that come ready lubed with some "secret recipe" oil.
    Napier should change the name to "Diesel Masters" or "Grit Magnets" as they were saturated in the stuff!!
    Other than that they seem ok,I haven't fired any yet
    Surely they can't be good for your gun in that state.
    I had to clean them carefully to remove the exess.
    Are there any other ready lubed pellets that you have found satisfactory?

2. David

David Engaging Member

I don't know if this is connected with pellet lube but I find a white powdery substance on the seals after shooting lubed pellets, The gun has been stored for a while so I can only assume it was lubed pellets but don't quote me on that its only an assumption

David

3. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

White stuff

Hi David, I reckon the white stuff is produced by dieseling.I have seen similar deposits on springers that are over greased.

4. David

David Engaging Member

Thankyou Potshot as my guns are new I recon that is what it could be, excess oil being burnt off from the manufactures so nothing to worry about

Cheers
    David

5. airgunengineer

airgunengineer Member

Perhaps you had an odd batch. I bought a tin of .177 a while ago but there is no excess lubricant in the tin. In fact the pellets are dry to the touch and don't seem any different from unlubed pellets.

I have tried them in my Ultra and it seems to like them. Very accurate at 25yds and with good power.