1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Lovely Morning Plinking In Derbyshire

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by TinCan Tony, May 13, 2018.

1. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

My first time ever at an air rifle shooting meet. Great place for some recreational plinking and a bit of FT. Large, open zeroing range, loads and loads of ground-based plinking targets from about 10m to 75m and a wooded area for some FT practice. And a great breakfast too.

https://yeaveley-estate.co.uk/derbyshire-air-rifle-meet/

Couldn't shoot accurately to save my life, so let's just say, most my pellets went 'plink' :rolleyes:

Need to make a list of all the gear I need to take with me in a fortnight's time. Will definitely be going again. :thumb:

30m target.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    PumpnGun likes this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Although accuracy wasn’t with you today Tony (and no one cares at these places) it sounds like a great day. Always nice to be out with like minded company which of course brings the ribbing and banter which I love.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  3. TinCan Tony

Due to physical drawbacks, I can only really shoot seated and rested. Trying to shoot off sticks just didn't work out. But, hey, I always managed to hit something - even if it was the grass or a tree :oops:

But, it was a great morning's plinking all the same and the weather was beautiful. Even Mrs TinCan now wants a rifle of her own (the RM8 is far too heavy for her) to be able to join in the fun. So, all in all, a great outcome. :thumb:

4. Iggypot

Iggypot Engaging Member

Hi, glad you had a good time.

Yeaveley is a lovely ground, Ive been clay shooting there a couple of times recently and that meets on the Sunday’s they don’t have the air rifle shoots.

Might start going along to the air rifle shoots again myself, the staff are very friendly and the breakfast is one of the best around.

Hope to see you there

TinCan Tony likes this.
  5. TinCan Tony

So, it's you who has left all the bits of 'clay' all over the air gun zeroing range, is it - ha? :D
    I will definitely be going again on 27/05/2018.
    As you say, staff are very welcoming and you can't beat their full English, or even just a bacon cob for that matter.
    Even better today when the weather was brilliant too.

Iggypot likes this.
  6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

That sounds lovely mate, perhaps a Ultra SE for the good lady?

TinCan Tony likes this.
  7. TinCan Tony

Yes, the BSA Ultra SE might be right up her street.
    But, she say's she's not paying more than £100 for a rifle.
    Don't worry, I have explained the modern complexities to her. I think she understands ;)

8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

It will be lovely to share a hobby with her Tony - that's really nice

TinCan Tony likes this.
  9. TinCan Tony

In 3 weeks time (when I get paid again) she will have a rifle of her own, and of her own choice. And it won't have cost her a penny o_O
    Sometimes you just have to do these things, ya' know ;)

wizwozuk and PumpnGun like this.
  10. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

You do mate. I bought mine a Ultra SE once - flogged it a few months later.

My fault really, it was wishful thinking on my part that she'd shoot.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  11. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

I keep threatening to go there., according to satnav it's only 15 mins away! Something always seems to need doing come a Sunday tho! :(
    What gear are you referring to to take with you???

TinCan Tony likes this.
  12. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Good Man :thumb:

Ray

TinCan Tony likes this.
  13. TinCan Tony

I understand that, wizwozuk. Something does always need doing on a Sunday. But it can be done on Sunday afternoon - the shoot only takes place between 09:30 and 13:30 so no excuses ;)
    What gear do I need to take? Now let me think...
    Camping chair (something to sit on), folding table (something to put my shooting rests on), shooting mat (for lying in a prone position). Other than that, I wasn't really short of anything. And Mrs TinCan made for a brilliant rifle caddy. Carried all my equipment for me - shooting sticks, rucksack, shooting rests, fags, drinks. Gotta' bless that woman :thumb:

wizwozuk likes this.
  14. TinCan Tony

Thanks Ray.
    She doesn't know anything about it yet. But now I've fired up her interest I'll take her shopping until she finds a rifle she likes. ;)

PumpnGun likes this.
  15. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

That's the stuff, I mess around and call mine an ole Bitch but, I love her dearly and always do my best for her ;)

Ray

nevadacowboy and TinCan Tony like this.
  16. TinCan Tony

That's a pity. At least Mrs TinCan is showing a real interest in wanting to shoot. She was itching to do a bit of plinking today. Unfortunately, I'd only paid for one shooter. Wish I'd paid for both of us now - cheap as chips at £5 for the day. Certainly will pay for her too in a couple of weeks time.

17. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Thanks for that., I reckon I'll make a concerted effort in a fortnight to have a run up, if only to give it a coat of looking at. TBH I worry that my guns seem a bit cheap n cheerful compared to those shown on the website., I don't want to end up with an inferiority complex! :loser:

TinCan Tony likes this.
  18. TinCan Tony

Take my word for it, this was my first only outing to ANY airgun shoot, and from my experience, absolutely nobody judges you from what gun you have. They don't even bother looking at what you're shooting. That's not what this shoot is about. It's all about enjoying yourself and having a bit of fun - and that's the most important thing - enjoying yourself. To be honest, I had a seriously bad day today - I couldn't hit an oak tree at 10 yards, but that wasn't the point, the amount of enjoyment I got out of the morning was tremendous. This shoot is not about other people judging you, it's about having a bit of fun yourself and doing a bit of plinking just for fun. And that's exactly what I found it to be today. Even shooting from a picnic bench with a total stranger sitting 2 feet away from me. The whole experience of the morning has definitely encouraged me to return in a couple of weeks time. If you'd like to come along just let me know and I could meet you there.

wizwozuk likes this.
  19. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

That is cheap Tony. Shame as only a few weeks back I moved on my Ultra set up for a very keen price. It had only shot a few hundred pellets.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  20. TinCan Tony

Dammit!
    Oh well, no doubt something will come along soon that I can buy for her. But, the problem is, she will have to lift the rifle herself to see if the weight is suitable for her. Although I've sparked her interest, she has a mind of her own and only she will know what will be right for her. And her mind will NOT be changed once she's made it up ;)