1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Lots Of Shooting Today

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by telephonepete, Sep 13, 2019.

1. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

I have been shooting a lot today. First of all i shot my poorly hw99 which is still very poorly and a bit of a puzzle. Then i got my TX full length with the cs700 stock and i thought i would have a bit of a shoot of with the TX Carbine which just edged yesterdays little competion. I am having a love affair with my tx,s at the moment. They have both been short stroked by the latch rod method. Prior to this i did it the tinbum way with the nose extn. Now I can compare the two methods i think the tinbum way is far simpler far less expensive and very much quicker. As far as accuracy goes i cannot split them. Anyway at the end of this little competion with the two TX200 i thought i would get one upload_2019-9-13_14-24-43.jpeg upload_2019-9-13_14-27-15.jpeg of my 2 hw97,s and see how it compared with the TX200. Both my 97,s are under used now i have got the 2 x TX. Well it was no surprise when the 97 just shot the arse off the Air Arms guns good as they are. I imagine a lot of you will disagree with me. However dont bother unless you own both guns. It is no surprise to me I have always believed it. Weihrauch Rules Hooray.

2. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I'm not a springer guy but you've got some nice wood on those two.

3. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

ye s it took me a long time to get the cs700 on the 97 and i swapped the top gun stock for Two of the same in Walnut

Reevo17 and SeanE like this.
  4. Wofty

Wofty Keyboard Hero

I've got both Pete and..........
    Agree:thumb:
    My 97 has a TBT shortstroke kit and it's like a machine. It's also quite clinical and sterile and I've often thought it would be the 1st springer I'd sell if I had to. Then I shoot it and know I'll never sell it.
    In contrast I'm new this year to TX's. It was inevitable as a springer fan not to eventually purchase an Air Arms.
    Despite being a copy of the 77, the TX (mk 3) and 97 couldn't feel more different if they tried. I find the TX hard work but satisfying. But that stock..... it's the first stock I've really really loved that's not custom. Actually I lie the FWB300s is better. Anyway, the stock, the fishscales, the blue. It's just a lovely gun.
    I wouldn't sell either either. Vive la difference. 20190702_145107.jpg

5. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

Another lovely looking rifle.

Reevo17 likes this.
  6. Tyler durdon

Tyler durdon Posting Addict

Well Pete I got a new prosport . Nice out the box lovely looking . But my 77 is better to shoot . Build quality and looks and the engineering on the airarms should win. But it don’t at the moment. Will undertake a bit of work soon me thinks , all fun .

Reevo17 likes this.
  7. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Yes the air arms should be better because they are better made but i think the 77/97 seems the most accurate witb a bit of fettling. Odd isnt it.

Reevo17 likes this.
  8. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

I agree Pete

I own a full length 77 and TX both .177

77 tbt and short stroked
    Tx tbt

77 has a gorgeous stock but the TX wins with the walnut - it’s a thing of beauty - being true left handed is amazing too

77 is very smooth to cock, quick firing cycle

Tx is a joy to strip, less enthusiastic shot cycle

But for me....

77 wins all day!

Perhaps I need to try a TX short stroke?!?!?![​IMG][​IMG]

Wofty and Tyler durdon like this.
  9. Tyler durdon

Yes it is .the only things I did to the 77 was . Different spring and good guides . The rest was me going over the top on other things .i sure with a small amount of work the p/s could be amazing

10. Tyler durdon

Both lovely mate . But that 77 wow ! You dropped lucky with that stock the best beech I’ve seen

Reevo17 likes this.
  11. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

With what i consider to be the new 77 stock. There seems to be a certain tint in the colour that i have not seen before. Also the beech seems to be much better than before.

Reevo17 likes this.
  12. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

Cheers dude

Tyler durdon likes this.
  13. Tyler durdon

I think reevo got it direct from Germany . They might keep the better wood for the home market

Reevo17 likes this.
  14. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Well all i can say is that both methods improved both my full length and HC immensly. Also the Rowan Trigger has improved the trigger position. I cant win. Well i can and have but it cost me near £50 to do it. The Record trigger is to far away and the CD trigger is to close.

Reevo17 and Tyler durdon like this.
  15. Redcap 114

Redcap 114 Donator (Les)

From Hartlepool, now in, Leigh-on-Sea Essex
    Yes, that’s a cracker.

Regards.
    Les.

Wofty, Tyler durdon and Reevo17 like this.
  16. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

Removal of the heavy top hat makes a differences mate but might drop the power

17. Tyler durdon

I took it apart last week as it was shooting very very fast .removed a bit of preload.yes think your right about the tophat mate .

18. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Well i dont want to p**s on your parade but. I had a lovely Pro Sport. At the same time i had a tx200. Probably that was not a good idea. The end result was having shot the pro sport being well aquainted with the tx200 i just could not wait to see the back of the prosport. Despite its reputation as being the most beautiful springer i even thought that the tx was better looking. The worse thing though was that dreadful cocking linkage. I met a guy from the other forum on the m5 who said the price was a bit high but he had it. I often wonder how long it lasted or perhaps he still has it. I hope he has. And i really hope you like it most people seem to. How about a pic??

19. Tyler durdon

F27F8366-E935-4200-AFA3-DAB1EDDC88F1.jpeg EB484ABE-8C84-42D4-9E54-6C3213D2C3EB.jpeg
    not the best pic Pete

Reevo17 likes this.
  20. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

No its not very big but its a nice dark stock. And is that some striping?