1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

lot of dosh for

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sharp shooter, Jul 27, 2007.

1. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

went round to my mates house to check out his new gun , he was round the back on his land to my suprise he got himself a daystate airwolf , after giving it a once over i let a few go i put 3 in ten pence size target at 35 yards , not bad i thought to myself ,so i ask how much did it all cost you then good job i was sat down gun 1100 quid , scope 250 quid , filling equipment 180 quid the list went on and on now i know daystate are the dogs boll..cks dont get me wrong but nearly 1450 quid its still only a 12 ft pound gun:rolleyes:

2. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

its insane mate rapids are much better both in price and quality;)

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

If you want Bling you gotta pay for it. :D

4. David

David Engaging Member

I brought an HW100 secondhand as a kit for £900, this included,

large divers bottle
    sling
    simmons scope
    bi-pod
    gun case
    and a tub of pellets thown in for good measure

I had to have the gun sent off to have a new seal as the valve was sticking (prematurly allowing air to escape) was an additional £55
    and brought a £200 scope for it

All-in-all I must have paid £1155 for this gun

You will now find me using springers as choice of gun from now on

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Good on you David ...

Glad to see some people still support spring rifles - there are too many who've forgotten them and moved over to the much more expensive PCP side of things.

6. David

David Engaging Member

I love the feel of em when they fire. they have so much variables to consider in relation to pcp such as recoil, how you hold them, these guns are oil burners so a wiff of 'smoke' from the muzzle wont go amiss, You have to be good at shooting them so in effect you become a rifleman when you atune yourself to shooting springers.

Do you get this with a PCP rifle, maybe not but you will find springers are as close as you can get to shooting the real thing without breaking the law

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Oil burners

Hi all, Years ago now, I saw a rifle that came supplied with a tin of oil with a specially shaped spout so you could squirt a load of oil into the cylinder and DELIBERATLY make it diesel!!!!:eek:

8. David

David Engaging Member

:jaw: Nooooooooooo!!!!!