1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

looking to get a s410 tdr

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by lee bell, Sep 3, 2014.

1. lee bell

lee bell Engaging Member

hi guys

i sold my 850 air magnum and king ratty to get some cash to get a aa s410 tdr is there any thing i should look out for when buying one 2nd hand

2. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

Apart from the obvious things, there isn't a lot to look for really.

3. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

Go for the newer model with extended cylinder mate. Old ones consistancy and shot count was shocking. I have had both old type and new type.

4. YOREVOL

YOREVOL Engaging Member

the tdr i got of you last week is great, i know its a s510 action but the feel and handling are spot on for me.

5. themadspread

themadspread Donator

any thing air arms cloverleaf is the man to ask(he knows more about them than air arms do)

6. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    X 2. Pm him, he's a v knowlegable and helpful chap

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  7. dynarod

dynarod Engaging Member

As someone suggested i'd try to get a newer one. the s410f tdr has double the shot capacity of the older ones. my new " f " version can do 70-80 shots in .177 where as the older ones only did 30-40. very nice rifles indeed.
    i love mine and find it's the gun i use most. if buying second and i'd look for wear and tear around the end of the barrel as the silencer is taken off alot so there might be damage.
    and the stock screw on dial can wear abit. very accurate guns though.

8. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

It baffles me as to why anyone would want a take down rifle unless they travelled to their permission on a bike/motorbike or bus!

9. lee bell

lee bell Engaging Member

i have kids and limited space in the man cave this means i can hide it out the way easier when not using it

10. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Worth Checking out the Phoenix Fast Fire Ten - much larger Shot capacity

Have seen TDR's on my club Ranges but many gave up on them for low Shot count

BOB/R

11. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

errrrrrr,if you`ve got kids (and they`re under 18) your gun should be secured so as they cannot gain access to it:up:
    if it`s not you are breaking the law which has been in place for about the last couple of years:google2ut:
    it`s best to stay safe for you and the kids:cool:

12. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Pro Poster

I have had a few take downs. Easy to transport, often small light and discreet.

I had mine as i have motorbikes, but i also have 2 permissions where the take down played its part too.

One i have to park the car and walk through busy public walks upto my field, the other i have to park up and walk through a busy livery with lots of stables to my baited up rat area, other than the owner, no one knows my business there and i want it to stay that way. I could do without hasstle for me or landowner.

13. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

lol - cheers guys :D

Without writing a whole buyer's guide (again, probably) there's the standard stuff to look out for on all PCPs - general condition; damage, corrosion, signs of abuse, smooth and correct operation of all parts - bolt, mag, trigger etc. How much air does it have in it? If it's completely empty assume it has a leak and budget accordingly.

On to 400 series specifics - check muzzle energy with AA pellets at around 160bar; as a ballpark simplification, if it's less than 11ftlb the exhaust valve probably wants replacing (as they all do after a year or so :rolleyes:) so again budget for this.

TDR specific stuff - again check muzzle energy - the striker and spring setup is different to other 400 series guns and can sometimes struggle to make a decent amount of energy. In addition check the anti-tamper rubbish - the stuff on the standard rifle is pretty nasty; the TDR takes it to a whole new level of stupidity and difficulty. Check the gun hasn't been damaged through removal attempts - if the AT is still there and the gun needs work lowball the seller - it will cost a fair bit to get a friendly gunsmith to remove it and you don't want to send it back to AA as they'll just cram all the crap back in again once the work is done :down:

Others make a fair point about the later guns and longer cylinders; however the flip-side is that earlier guns didn't have anti-tamper and IMO are far more desirable as a result. Also if you're buying it more as a collectable and less as a working gun, the earlier, shorter-cylinder equipped guns are more inkeeping with the original concept of the TDR. If you find a late one that's had the AT removed (without damaging the gun) don't be afraid to pay a bit of a premium as it will be worth it once the gun needs to be stripped for whatever reason..

Finally, as always there's no such thing as a free lunch and the TDR setup is no exception - you'll pay for the privilege of being able to pull it to bits in other ways - ergonomics, handling, AT, cost - if you don't expressly need the TDR facility a standard 410 might suit you better ;)

14. lee bell

lee bell Engaging Member

my guns have been stored in a gun cabinet at a friends farm until recently so ill get a cabinet/lock box secured to a wall somewhere. i still think a tdr has advantages but would you recommend the standard s410 over it? also whats this anti tamper your referring to i didnt have any thing like that on my 850 airmag. the man reason i want a tdr is the fact it packs away tidy and its lighter as ill be using it for hunting rabbits and corvids

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014