1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a better board camera

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by Junes1, May 9, 2012.

1. Junes1

Junes1 Engaging Member

Now I've made on NV set up I'm thinking about improving it maybe starting with a better board camera than the 1/3" cmos I have.

This one seemed good http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230709525155?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 0.1 lux and 480 TV lines resolution but I just wanted to check with those that know that it is the best to be getting without going over the top. Is more resolution always better etc and is this a god camera for our purposes. I've already bought one that is apparently not absolutely ideal.

2. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

Your best cam is always going to be a ccd 1/2" , so watec is the one. Then you need a 1/2" cs lens 12mm.

Next is the 1/3" ccd this uses a board lens.
    Now the ccd cameras are better than cmos cameras. This is because the image chip in a ccd is better than a cmos because the ccd is more sensitive to infrared light. And the chip is bigger, so the bigger the image chip the more sensitive the camera is to infrared light.

Ken