1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

looking at new cars (not new new)

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by gasman, May 6, 2014.

1. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

looking at Peugeot 407 sw estates ,anyone have had one? any things to look out for?
    most of the cars I've had have been German or Italian :), os going French is new to me lol bon'joir :rolleyes:

2. Billboy

Billboy Active Member

My father in law has one, if it wasnt for the fact he had spent so much on it he would of got rid ages ago, I cant remember know exactly what was wrong but I know it cost him over 2k. Personaly I would steer clear, especially second hand.

Hth, billy

3. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, GO JAPANESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

U should keep least a spare grsnd for elrctric repairs in case it happends

5. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

have had 3 micra 1 nissan estate and now a small 4x4 dihatsu gave the estate to my son who sold to neighbour and still going at over 100,000 and had no problems and all service and MOT passes

6. ishooter

ishooter Engaging Member

Iv not got a 407 but the 207 gt and electrics are an issue and also the water drain plugs under wipers, mine must have a few ltrs today as it swooshing around other than that it's a good motor my mrs has a 207 sport as well not had probs with that yet touch wood, mines got all the toys glass roof etc so compared to the same spec'd German car it's a hell of a lot cheaper,

7. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

German or jap i think are the best. Atb

8. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

French or Italian are generally bad news, I've never owned one, and I never will.

James

9. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Hi Mark, Stick with the Japs mate can't beat 'em ! :)

10. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

very vague .... come on lads mention your car models to match it .

11. talent

talent Posting Addict

I wouldn't touch any French car , expensive crap . lots of mechanics won't touch them to much agro .

12. andy46

andy46 Donator

would never touch a French car,
    but every car can have there problems at any time of there life,im doing the best part of 20k a year through work and other stuff.

13. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

right so now the generally thoughts are French cars crap ................... has anyone got any recommendations or are we still speaking French .

14. Johnc3vs16

Johnc3vs16 Donator

Hi, yep, I've just had a think about people I know & have known, my friends dad had major problems with a Renault Laguna, just a small computer engine par it required cost well over £1000, another friend had a Peugeot 40? can't remember, lots of problems with that too, we had a Peugeot 30? can't remember :eek:, (the small one) had lots of problems with that. The last car we had was a Skoda Superb, absolutely fantastic car, we bought it from new and it's done 157,000 miles with no problems, we made sure the air and oil filters were changed regularly. We recently sold it to my father in law (we have a van that we just use/need now). Skoda are very popular with taxi companies (in Preston anyway) :) A "looked after" diesel will keep going. My better half works in the car trade, and just said go for German cars and Mazda :) Hope this helps

15. Johnc3vs16

Johnc3vs16 Donator

Forgot to say our Skoda Superb was a 2007 and we clocked up 157,000 by last August (2013)

16. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

The Avensis Estate next-door drives to cart her dogs about looks a good option if that's the sort of thing you mean.

17. Batz

Batz Busy Member

Most of the cars I have owned have been Japanese. I drive a Nissan now. Don't
    know too much about the French cars.

18. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I've had 2x Renault 21's that lasted 20 years, Car 1 I had for 15 years, never missed a beat, Car 2 lasted 5 years and it was the Cam Belt that killed it, I was going to fit one and the wife asked if I could wait 2 weeks because we were short.... So she killed it. Car 1 I sold to a good friend who just came "out" of a long holiday. We have had other cars in between but now drive a Peugoet 207. Its the 1.4ltr VTi. Very nice car, as sporty as a 1.4 can be? I find it a little slow but I have just sold my GSXR1000 which in all fairness was a little faster accelerating etc:):rolleyes: Anyway, unless you buy new you are in a minefield anyway. Unless you know an honest salesman or and honest member of public you could be buying somebodys problems. The second hand market is full of decent cars, how about a Skoda Octavia, very nice car and reliable too, the brotherinlaw has had his since new bought 15 years ago.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  19. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

I can only imagine yours is a transit? ;)

The thing is people hang onto old rumours, I'm not sure, but I imagine french cars aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

My shooting buddy has a 407, he's had no trouble with it.

But, I agree with the masses, German cars are for me, mrs has an A3, I have a scirocco.

20. Pelletpower

Pelletpower Donator

I chop and change cars/vans often a my boxers!

Since this time last year I've had

BMW 318i se e46
    BMW x5 3.0i
    BMW 320d estate
    BMW 530d(new 1)

QUADZILLA 450cc

Now I've settled for a transit connect :)