1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Logun MkII and S16 Prototypes

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by 93bm, Feb 10, 2014.

1. 93bm

93bm Member

Hi, I'm the grandson of James Hogan - the original designer and manufacturer of Logun airguns.

He's asked me to share with you this photo of the original MkII and S16 rifle prototypes. We're going to get some better images soon, I think.

image.jpg

He's also willing to answer any questions he can for you guys.

Thanks, Billy.

2. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

ok I have a question,
    if FX/RWS could make a grip shift loading system on their gun's storm /cutless etc, why couldn't he make the s16 pump action like it was first set out to be?

3. ppp27

ppp27 Engaging Member

Hi billy not spoken to jim for a few months hope all is well

And to anyone else i have handled both these rifles ! Quality engineering not mass production by any means

Give jim my regards please billy

Paul p

4. 93bm

93bm Member

"Anything that cocks forward of the trigger is section 5, hence it was originally designed this way, but had to be destroyed" -James

5. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

This is an awesome thread :up: Hi my Grandad is :eek::eek::up: Relay looking forward to following this one great pics and info already and Grumps is not easily impressed . Ask around :rolleyes::cool:

6. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

im sure they wernt illegal then,and there still not now...well for the time being anyway.
    taken from ''know your law air weapons 2012''
    and i quote''
    NB: Although it was not Parliament’s intention that any low powered air weapons should be banned by
    the 1997 Acts, there is now considerable uncertainty as to whether a rifled airgun of the description
    covered by 5(1)(ab) has become prohibited even though it may be a very low powered weapon not
    hitherto held on certificate.
    The Home Office have consulted ACPO and the Crown Prosecution Service about the legal status of
    these weapons and have agreed, in the absence of a court ruling, that the issue should be resolved
    formally at the next legislative opportunity. In the meantime chief officers are advised that self-loading
    or pump-action rifled airguns should continue to be regarded as falling outside the certification process
    provided that they are low powered and do not fall within the Firearms (Dangerous Air
    Weapons) Rules 1969.

end quote

doesnt that mean they can still be used??

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  7. 93bm

93bm Member

I believe it's legal for a rifle such as this to be "rear-of-the-trigger-cocking", but if you were to have something such as a pump action rifle that cocks forward of the trigger, then that, in this instance for reasons unknown to me (I'll ask James next week) is, or would have been a section 5 rifle.

8. 93bm

93bm Member

Haha, great stuff. Thanks! I'll be sure to update with what I can and when I can. :)

9. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

mk!!

Was the logun mk!! Based on axsor parts and experience?

10. rick r

rick r Engaging Member

I shot the original S16 with the pump action it was lots of fun to use. Jim showed the gun to his FLO who had no problem with it until he went back to the office, did some checks and changed his mind. Jim got a visit the next day and was strongly advised to discontinue it or he would have his collar felt.:D

11. scrubsboy

scrubsboy Engaging Member

Then what about the MMC cocking on ultras/hornets?

12. scrubsboy

& Hi Billy -welcome to the forum.

13. ppp27

ppp27 Engaging Member

The mmc ultra is not a single stage loader it has a separate pellet probe so does not apply so therfore
    Is not cocked and loaded by the front mmc knob

Hope this helps

Paul

14. scrubsboy

Aah! Obvious now you say it:eek: cheers Paul.

15. jjones

jjones Well-Known Member

nice pictures!

16. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Great thread and will be following this :up:

17. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

My Skan Swift is Front Grip load and cock and Legal ?

Was issues but accepted well over ten years ago -

BOB/R

18. the logun-ator

as was the skan AR 96 shot,the model before the swift..
    i ''think'' why they had it in for james is that it had quite a bit promotion before it came in to production so ''they '' had a chance to put a stop to it before they were released.,ive an AIRGUNNER mag with a 2 page spread showing it in pump action.(can be seen here via our site)
    http://www.loguns16.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/S16-Air-Gunner-magazine-article.pdf
    i believe there was a good 10'000 s16's made,i also beleive there would have been lots more if the users actually knew how to cock and load them corectally.
    most most didnt click the ''speedloc'' bolt home and it failed to fire,they then cocked it again double loading it and then the jams occurred...nothing to do with the design,simple user error...but that was it,word got round that cos ''fat bloke down the pub'' jammed it up then everyone jumped on the band wagon..shame really,i love mine,all 6 of them including a pump action one which according to the reply i did earlyer is still quite legal,for now anyway.
    SKan ,on the other hand kept his quiet,and they were slipped out under the radar...

19. the logun-ator

Billy,whilst you on here this is prob the only time any of us will be able to ask ''MR HOGAN'' himself any questions,i mean hes on facebook,hes in a couple of my forums,but hes a man of few words...all weve getten is ''hi james hogan';...lol
    anyway ive a couple of questions you can put to him please if you dont mind.

question 1
    the very early ones(i class them as the mk1),earlyest ive had was no9 from the production line,the ''logun'' was embossed in then painted.the finnish was a lot better quality than the later ones.blackening was a lot deeper,the feel was a lot smoother than the later ones....why?
    question 2
    were they all built in england?.,i believe the later ones were built in a Serbian factory that specializes in hydrolic pumps,is this correct?
    question 3
    ...why did you stop production?

i had pretty much every logun model there was,apart from the pro,but most were destroyed in my workshop fire last year.

thats about it really...youll always be welcome on my forum/site after all if it wasnt for you,we wouldnt be there :)

http://www.loguns16.co.uk/

20. 93bm

93bm Member

I'll pass this on when I next see him. I can tell you that he stopped production due to family problems.
    - Billy.