1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Loading a tx200

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by peteb823, Apr 30, 2012.

1. peteb823

peteb823 Post Whore

Hi guys just a what may seem like a daft question :)
    I shoot left handed with my bsa break barrel , break it with my right hand and load pellets with my right hand. Now with the tx being underleaver what action would I be best off getting l/h or right hand for ease of loading pellets ? I have no issues using a r/h stock left-hand, Hope this makes sence thanks in advance .

2. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

With the BSA - break with right, hold with right whilst loading with left. That way your trigger finger can not be on the trigger and you have control of the barrel at all times.
    With a TX it's exactly the same for a leftie. Being a leftie get a L/H action and stock for ease of loading. If you get a R/H action you'll be letting go of the underlever and /or keeping trigger fingers near triggers. Despite the beartrap it's not a good area for trusting safety systems to work every time.

3. Akita177

Akita177 Very Active

If you shoot with your left hand for trigger using your left eye down scope with a TX200 you will need a left handed version stock and action.
    With TX200 the check peice is rolled so you need a stock to suite weather to you shoot left or right, the action also has a sliding chamber where you load the pellet this also depends wether you shoot left or right.

4. jetski

jetski Keyboard Hero

(im right handed)
    with break barrels i break with my left, thumb a pellet in with my right and then cock n close the gun in one action (100% safe)
    im guessing as your left handed you would do the same but with opposite hands
    with my TX200 i cock the lever with my left hand, thumb in a pellet with my right (while still having my left hand on the lever), then click the catch off with my right hand while closing the breech with my left
    im guessing if you have a right handed action you will be better of trying to learn to do it the same way due to the breech and catch position

5. NitroGary0

NitroGary0 Well-Known Member

As previously mentioned. If you can get a leftie breach and stock, if thats not an option, I would cock the lever with the right hand and keeping my right hand on the lever, lay the rifle over and load the pellet into the breach which is now up ontop of the action if that all makes sense

6. jetski

jetski Keyboard Hero

I didn't know you were banned from UKcaf Gary lol

7. moggy126

moggy126 Active Member

i load my tx same way safe and easy

8. peteb823

peteb823 Post Whore

Thanks for the replies lads , I will definitely be looking for a l/h stock and action in the coming months.