1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Lily Allen’s Phoney Rape Allegation

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by tinmanofkent, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Lily Allen drank so much she woke up in bed with someone she trusted in the music industry.

This is now framed as her being the victim of a sexual assault.

I’m sorry but I’m not accepting this. The media are giving her air time and the record label have issued a statement saying it’s not acceptable, blah, blah, blah.

You know what I think? I think she is a trashy girl who chose to drink an obscene amount of booze, knowing full well it lowers your inhibitions and slept with an executive in the business she works in. This isn’t a rape. What happens if the man in question makes the identical allegation against her?

What do you make of these allegations?

r10hunter and Grey Man like this.
  2. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

The law says that if a woman is intoxicated she can't give permission to have sex with her. Have sex with a drunk at your peril.

Regards
    Peter

DRAGONBAIT666 likes this.
  3. Readie

Readie Proud Member

Well if she’s almost comatose that’s ok, but how drunk is too drunk?

RobTaylor likes this.
  4. fencer35

fencer35 Engaging Member

I think that she hasnt been in the news for a while and because she's a publicity seeking twot she has to come up with something shocking to get noticed and a little bit of sympathy from all the celeb sheep

johnbaz, stevemandm, Gunfun and 9 others like this.
  5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Does it say the same for a man? Why couldn’t he claim the same thing?

I would not wish to be a judge or juror tasked with deciding how drunk someone had been in the past and whether they consented.

6. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

The law doesn't say how much alcohol/drugs, just that if she is intoxicated she can't give permission.

Regards
    Peter

7. Josh K

Josh K Not enough range time....

If someone is too drunk to consent then it is rape. Simple. Please don't go down the road of victim-blaming.

Wild Bill likes this.
  8. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

As we know, women are vulnerable creatures, I think it may apply to a man if another man takes advantage of him when he is intoxicated, but nothing is clear.

Regards
    Peter

9. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I must have been raped many times then. One thing's for sure, I wouldn't have gone near them if it wasn't for the beer. :ooops:

mulletman6, Gunfun, Jukebox and 8 others like this.
  10. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

Just because she woke up next to someone, doesnt mean anything went on... i have slept with several female friends in the past and nothing happened except we slept in the same bed

11. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Here’s the BBC piece, which includes a video ‘interview’

She chats away with her usual croaky ‘vocal fry’ :down: something fishy about all of this...

Would be nice if the interviewer used the word ‘alleged’ when discussing the matter.

Lily Allen says 'record label failed to act on assault' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49682923

12. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Which women are vulnerable? The ones who dress in see-through tops and drunk so much their memory fails.

Lily Allen isn’t exactly the Vicar’s daughter. I think the blame lies at her door for the choices and actions she has taken.

BiggaJ and sidney like this.
  13. mike-carter

mike-carter Pro Poster

I wonder if that would relate in reversal? Sex equality and all that.

14. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Keyboard Hero

I suppose all this can be a avoided, if when questioned you politely inform the police you are not a man and they are out of order for assuming you identify as a man. When infact you identify as a gender fluid fridgefreezer.

????

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Would a court side with you if you found yourself a defendant on such an allegation as Allen has made?

16. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

you know damn well they wouldn't James.... i think those women that falsely accuse men of rape should get sentenced to the same amount of time the man would have got if he had been guilty.... it would stop these accusations in a heartbeat

BiggaJ, Jukebox and tinmanofkent like this.
  17. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

I’m glad you said that. It is so dangerous when the courts start making serious crimes of things most people may well have done without charge.

sidney and Sky like this.
  18. sidney

sidney Keyboard Hero

Seeing as most of us wouldn't exist if our parents hadn't had one too many down the Dog & Duck, where does this leave the poor bloke when the woman wakes up the morning after, regretting last night's fumble?
    And if she's too drunk to consent, what if he's too drunk to ask?
    I've got 4 kids, and on each occasion I certainly didn't ask permission.
    It's one of the stupidest, most ill thought out laws ever made, and yet another pathetic attempt to shift responsibility from someone who's sober enough to say yes to another drink, but apparently too drunk to say no to sex. Many an innocent man will suffer for it.

19. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

I hope he was gentle with you;)

Regards
    Peter

talyllyn, Gary Jones, WR14210 and 2 others like this.
  20. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Good point - I may not have known. :oops::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.