1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Lightstream scopes

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Aug 30, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Been tempted many a time but prices have scared me.

Got one now and WOW.

I thought fullfields and prostaffs were clear. The lightstream is stunning, so sharp and bright.

My nikko diamond isn't too far off but you can see the difference in the day time so lower light I'd imagine it's very nice.

Just saying that's all, . knows how I'd react to a top end scope lol

2. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

watch out for PX error, suffer bad from it

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Have you put it on your FX Tom?

4. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Didn't realise ao scopes particularly suffered from it?

I'll keep my head as central as poss cheers

5. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi matty, I did consider it. But I have a vortex viper 6.5-20x50 on that with a sunshade on (extra flipping £40!) Suits it okay. May swap with lightstream, just got all my scopes and rifles layed on a table now to choose what's going where.

Why you ask matty about fx particularly?

6. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

I'm in the process of selling two falcon menace scopes to fund a FFP lightstream. Looking forward to getting it :) I didn't realise they suffered from parallax though, if they are adjusted correctly are they okay?

Which model did you get?

7. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi, I got the 4.5-14 non ir model. I'm over your way tomorrow if you wanna look through mine?

8. 177

177 Donator

Yep, they're gorgeous to look through but tend to be probitively long for my tastes.

After trying to get along with one for a while I moved it on and stayed with the smaller point and shoot scopes I prefer.

Under certain circumstances I'd have one in an instant, but the size and weight go against them as far as I am concerned.

Mine was a swine where eye alignment was concerned.

Blimmin lovely to look through though :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  9. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

The size and weight is a downer (proportions are stange), but I've given up caring about weight lol as long as it's balanced I'm happy :) as you say, lovely glass, I was shooting till 8:30 tonight! Was dark at 8:45....

10. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

That'd be great thank you for the offer, but I'm up in Liverpool at the moment and won't be back till around 4pm. What time are you nearby?

Also, do they have an IR version available? I've not seen one around.

11. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

It's be nice to do a side by side comparison of them, I'm hoping/led to believe that the lightstream will be an upgrade.

12. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I have a falcon menace and it will be an upgrade in terms of glass 100%, I'll be working in frolesworth till about 1pm I reckon. Not sure I can hang around for 3hours. I'll be working ther till about 5:30 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday too....

13. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

The PX error thing is very subjective some HFT shooters say they suffer from more PX error while some owners say there perfect.
    Either way if your adjusting the focus its realy a non issue.

I was shooting till 8.30 last night with an old 1990`s tasco fixed 4x40, though beside me a bushnell legend 5-14x40 AO on 8x mag was just as good, could of tried to stay longer but tin chickens arent fun in the dark.

14. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

No don't hang around for me. Tuesday would be good though, if you could PM me where you work that'd be great.

15. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I shot 20 woodies through mine tonight, and saw every feather in the afternoon sunlight, aimpoints made the wind easy to compensate for and managed a couple of corking head shots with the fine crosshairs, It lightweight makes it size very manageable Im very happy with it, but the price has made me buy a jacket for it as first time out I put a scratch on the tube from just laying it on the ground, so it isn't as tough as my Bushnell elite on the exterior, but that's all.[​IMG]

I did some testing the other day at the side of my Bushnell and to be fair the little bushy isn't too far behind and Ive got a soft spot for it as Ive probably shot more through that little elite than any scope ive ever had, its on my hw100 now, I wont ever sell that.

Lightsteam[​IMG]

Bushnell [​IMG]

They are through two dirty conservatory windows and don't really show half the image in reality.

I think both scopes suit both guns now, so I wont be changing for a long long time, Ive just fed up of changing scopes these two are all I need and the Bushnell legend is still for the money the best buy around and sits nicely on my Regal [​IMG]

Also kept my small simmons wtc;)

16. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

I've been reading up on the lightstream for a while now, I saw your post the other day engraver and pretty much everything else I've read about them has been positive to date.

17. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

If Im totally honest that Bushnell elite Ive got is the best scope Ive ever had, not because it has the best glass but its still pretty good.

But because whatever airgun I put it on the scope is 100% trustworthy and if the gun does one hole I know its a gun issue.

But when Ive put other scopes on the Rapid it just doenst one hole the same as with the bushnell, for some reason.

These are the groups Its done even before a reg at 25 yrds and each group is 5 shots [​IMG][​IMG]

Now call me pedantic but I put the lightstream on the Rapid and zeroed it the other day at 30 yrds and was getting pea sized groups now maybe its since I had a problem with the Reg or a bad batch of pellets even the barrel needing a clean I don't know yet but its still very shootable and can hit half inch groups at 45-50 yrds in still conditions ,so it may not be the scope to blame but I like groups that don't grow as you pump more shots at them, that to me is when you really have something.

Ive still got a feeling if I put the bushy back on the Rapid it will go back to one holes lol, and the Elites are supposed to suffer lots of error but this one don't. I think no matter what the brand you get good and bad, the lad who I got the lightstream from told me he had owned three and this one was the best so kept it the longest, so proves they are all different, doesn't matter if its JSR MTC or Bushnell leupold Nikon or lightstream they all differ slightly, nothing can be 100% identical.

It a nutshell though the Lightstream inmo is a good scope, up there with the German stuff for half the money.

18. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Saying that I had a JSR bought from Dylan on here for £25 and it was as good as anything Ive used, smooth px smooth zoom very clear bright and was shooting inch groups at 70 yrds with a .22 rapid with a few clicks.

Doesn't sound right that does it but true.

19. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

I had the 4.5-14 Lightstream too, but it is huge and i couldn't stand the tunnel vision of the first stage of the zoom, from 6x upwards it is on the second stage of the elements and you get a full tube of sight picture, not a circle at the end of a tunnel.

If you like the Lightstream for clarity, try the Nikon Monarch - up again! You can't get mildots in the Nikon (I don't think you can anyway) but the BDC works.

20. Davy-Kelly

Davy-Kelly Donator

Is the tunnel vision a result of it being FFP?

FFP is a big tick for me!