1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

lightning problem.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by highland chief, Jun 8, 2014.

1. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi guys

need your help. my 2001 lightning wont cock properly. it,s like it wants to, but it is difficult to cock.

I have not stripped this gun only restored the stock. and carbon wrapped the action as the blueing was terrible.

any advice would be great guys.

cheers

gus

2. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

does the trigger click when you try and cock it ...ie does it move forward when you try n cock it ?...does it try n move forward ?..are the trigger sears engaging ?..has the soddin spring snapped ?...could be allsorts of things gus,...process of elimination may help...atb

3. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

no problems with the trigger and it fires well, maybe too bloody well:eek:. it just will not cock first time or second etc..

cheers

gus

4. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

Sorry, back to the trigger - are all the pins well seated, one hasn't come slightly adrift, they are only held in by the stock & often not very well.?

5. highland chief

highland chief Donator

yip mate. all is well with the trigger.

cheers

gus

6. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

Then I think you should strip it & see if anythings bunging it up.

7. bf95

bf95 Donator

My rifle had the same problem, it sounds like the spring has snapped but if that isn't the problem. It will be the sears in the trigger arrangement as they are.. Naff.. Hope you get it sorted

8. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

i had one with similar issues, binding/graunching when cocking. replaced the spring with gas ram. sorted it

9. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

that's what I want to do, how easy is it to do this, and where can I get a gas ram to fit, at a reasonable cost.

cheers

gus.

10. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi guys

what is the best spring to put in this rifle, the gas ram way is going to cost too much.

cheers

gus

11. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

12. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi mate

someone said, do not use an ox spring, no idea why.

cheers though mate.

gus

13. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

i got the gas ram from blackpool air rifles as i remember. as easy as dropping a spring in . ox springs are a bit harsh. please make sure you chrono it if you replace the spring with anything other than a standard lightning one.

14. tommy gun

tommy gun Posting Addict

ox cut it down to 240 mil heat end up and flatten end won't be far of 11.5 i think it will be near enough tried titan found they snapped a inch from the end after couple of months atb tony

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  15. tommy gun

tommy gun Posting Addict

check you sear spring the 2 prongs that go on your sear some time slip past the sear pin

16. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

Just get an ordinary spring specified for the Lightning/Supersport, it's a fair bit cheaper & if you get a Titan it's almost guaranteed you will have to shorten it.

The reason Ox springs can have a negative press is the amount of damage the square section section wire can do, in my power obsessed youth I had one in a Scorpion pistol for a week & it excavated quite a lot of metal from inside the piston, swarf everywhere, but some people find them OK.

17. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

I was having that same problem when trying to cock my lightening and like some of the lads have mentioned it was a snapped spring. I replaced this old broken 1 with an OX main spring which had 2 coils cut off the end flattened and both ends polished. When I got it back together it still wouldn't cock and it was a snapped sear spring it's now sorted and doing 11.7 flbs with Crosman premiers which it loves. Hope you get it sorted mate!
    Scott

18. tommy gun

tommy gun Posting Addict

the only way a ox spring will knack your gun is if you put it in without shorting it

19. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

Mine wouldn't have fitted into the lightening at all without shortening it!

20. highland chief

highland chief Donator

now comes another problem how do I remove the maxi grip scope rail???. this needs to be replaced as someone in the past has taken a file to it:eek:. I am finding some conflicting results on the net.

also the problem is finding one, chambers don't have them in stock. as with a few others. this is becoming a nightmare.

cheers

gus.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014