1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. No longer allowed Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- We now do not allow political and religion threads anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section) unless Airgun related and they must be put in the Airgun related politics section..

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news Life In The Usa

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by hughlle, Apr 27, 2019.

1. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

[​IMG]

We all bitch and moan about our absurd gun laws, the difficulty in finding somewhere to shoot, the restrictions on what we're allowed to shoot and why, and so on and so forth. And as such, we often refer to the USA as an example of how we would like things to be regarding those ideas.

So rather than bitch and moan, I'm doing something about it! Tomorrow I pack my bags, and come Monday I will find myself in Nevada with forum member Hiram, recovering from jet lag and ready to have ourselves some some fun!

Hiram has taken a week off work, so there are some rough plans regarding activities, but rest assured there will be a lot of gunslinging in the desert, be it shotguns, pistols, FAC air rifles (i think they just call them pellet guns), and an ungodly amount of food :)

Can't guarantee the regularity, but I'll try and use this thread to keep you updated with photos and such, so as to keep you in a constant state of sheer envy.

I've a feeling that FAC in the UK is going to seem utterly mundane and pedestrian by the time Hiram is done showing me his collection.

Scott, Reevo17, hairyarms and 32 others like this.
  2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Have fun Hugh and looking forward to your updates :up:

hughlle likes this.
  3. Scott001

Scott001 Well-Known Member

We need to see video evidence on a shooting range!

ibo7 and hughlle like this.
  4. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

That's the whole point :) what shooting range? They just have public land. Close to 50 million acres of land in nevada where you don't need to ask the land owner for permission and so on. You get out of your vehicle, and so long as you follow common sense laws, you start shooting or hunting. As I say, it is not going to be like the UK!

Rest assured though, there will be evidence. Hiram is going to teach me a bit about quick draw, I'm sure we can film something other than me shooting myself in the leg :D

Reevo17, Pete2 and mmamonster like this.
  5. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

I go america every year sometimes twice a year, meet up with fellow shooters ( mainly from ar15 forum ) and do alot of shooting and training.
    I hope you have a good time and shoot some 50 cals, it takes about 20 minutes drive from the strip to where you can hoot on public land( its nuts )
    Make sue you go to heart attack grill for a burger in Fremont
    Atb
    Mart

Hiram and hughlle like this.
  6. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

Sounds great!

I looked into shooting a Barrett, and while I can afford it, I refuse to entertain the price per round. Especially if I've never shot more than a 22lr so might as well not try aiming. Heart attack grill is certainly something I'd like to try, but Vegas holds no appeal. For 16 days I've a food budget alone of about $2000 so I'm gonna have some fun :)

sidney and mmamonster like this.
  7. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

Join up on a few american forums, you are better off going with a real shooter insted of a gun shooting shop where they rush you through, i think its about $20 a shot of the barret, me and the wife had half a dozen each for free and we all regularly shoot the ar 15 Beowulf. 50 when we visit a friend in florida.
    Try not to sleep when you are there and get as much in as you can, America is an amzing place.
    Atb

hughlle likes this.
  8. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Engaging Member

Fact! Lol

mmamonster likes this.
  9. jimbouk

jimbouk Donator

Have a great time mate, looking forward to updates

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

10. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

But late now, but maybe next time :) amd I've been to the West Coast twice, and yes, it's a fantastic place! I'd give up a testicle for a green card :) I'll give Hiram some of the chuck and Larry treatment if it means I can stay

mmamonster likes this.
  11. sidney

sidney Post Whore

Looking forward to this thread, you're living the dream mate. Enjoy yourselves and don't forget about us little people:thumb:

12. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

You lucky beggar! I look forward to seeing your exploits

13. Rat Man

Rat Man Comfortably Numb

Enjoy Hugh! Look forward to seeing some photos of your trip.

The oil man likes this.
  14. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Have fun! Both of you.
    :thumb:

Hiram likes this.
  15. Hiram

Hiram Post Whore

Woohoo! for me as well! Just finished my last shift for 9 days and got out of a subpoena that would have been inconvenient.

Gunfun, DJP, mmamonster and 2 others like this.
  16. Hiram

Hiram Post Whore

Please DO NOT shoot yourself in the leg. More importantly, don't shoot Hiram at all anywhere on his person. That's rule number 1. In fact, if you can avoid it, try not to shoot anyone unless they absolutely require it.

Kidding...I imagine Hugh will be just fine. Unfortunately, I only have off about half of the days he'll be here. Might be a good thing, though, gives him a chance to just go wander all alone. We've agreed that he'll leave a note of where he's going and when he plans to be back. Might seem a little "nanny" but it's a precaution we all take out here. The mountains are big and the empty, no cell phone service desert, is huge. Back when I was a rural deputy we did a lot of search and rescue missions, usually mining geologists, and some of those became coroner cases. The desert doesn't care about us. Anyway, it helps a hell of a lot to know where to start looking if something goes wrong.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I hope it lives up to Hugh's expectations. I intend to hit the Claim, the most beautiful spot on earth, and Hugh seems to want to hit Cabelas and I'm good with that. I sold off my last .44 mag and feel that I should pick up another so Hugh can experience the difference between 300 FPE and 1000 FPE in a handgun. I'm intending to hit my old stomping grounds out in the deep desert. I learned that there is an area loaded with pictographs that were carved into the rimrock basalt by people who pre-date the local Paiutes (and that is saying something) so that might be interesting...if I can find the damn place and we don't simply get lost or stuck in the desert canyons and mountains (becoming coroner cases).

I had intended a hike on the Pacific Crest Trail to a drop dead gorgeous spot I know about (my first pics posted on this forum) but it'll still be snow packed so that might not work out. Nonetheless, all of the ski areas are still open and, rumor has it, will be until July. The closest one is 40 minutes away so that's always on the table. Been six years since the last time I did pure downhill skiing so I'm down for that.

Should be a fun trip. Shooting, hunting, prospecting, exploring and maybe a little skiing. Oh, and eating. Also, there might be custom hat in there, as well. There is a hat maker up in Virginia City (the Comstock Lode country) and you cannot be in the desert without headgear. You can pick the purity of beaver felt you want and the guy measures your head and then makes your hat to your exact specs while you watch.

The Squire, ibo7, gasman and 6 others like this.
  17. Bwlch

Bwlch Active Member

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I've shot pistols on a public range in florida (can't believe how bad some of the locals were), clays in michigan ,hunted pheasant roadside in South Dacota and fired an uzi in vegas. Different way of life to ours that's for sure. Looking forward to the reports
    Enjoy

ibo7, hughlle and mmamonster like this.
  18. Rob-GB

Rob-GB Busy Member

Have fun hughlle , glad Hiram is your safety contact we don't want a remake of 127 Hrs :D

19. number10

number10 Post Whore

Make sure you take some money to pay for all the ammo :cool:

20. Akita177

Akita177 Account parked

Have fun, i wonder if Hiram will let you do some off roading in his pick up truck ;)