1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Lelya: Tune It Or Sell It?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by hamza, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamza

hamza breaking strain of a kit kat

At the end of last year I bought a Lelya 2.0. I had to buy blind as I didn't know anyone that had one to try it out first and reviews were pretty limited. My big reason for buying one was to have a back pack gun that I could grab quickly and take for either a quick session at the local club or when visiting my nephews to plink with them. As such the big draw for me was the physical size of it and being able to transport it in backpack pretty inconspicuously. I also bought an Eberlestock backpack specifically for this purpose.

Well I was happy enough with it, but as my review shows it didn't have me gushing with enthusiasm.

Last week, I started putting together a build for an Impact Compact and @sagalout asked me how long it is... When I measured it, I found it was barely any longer than the Lelya. More importantly with the right shroud, it actually fits into the Eberlestock bag just like the Lelya.

Now lately I hadn't really been picking up the Lelya. Partly I guess this was due to the lockdown and the fact that I'm actually still not leaving the house, but even to plink the in garden I'd pass over it in favour of other guns (usually an FX but not always).

I think the biggest reason is that its pretty loud. I have to wear ear plugs to shoot it really and its not that garden friendly. Then there's all the other niggles that I mention like the cocking action not being that smooth and the plasticy trigger blade. I also wasn't really getting along with the Hawke Touch scope I had put on it.

So the Hawke Touch is gone and I have a Vortex 1-6x24 that can take its place but hasn't yet. I also have a Huma regulator which I could fit and tune the gun and maybe try and bring the noise down a bit and fit a Custom Carbon baffle to the moderator. I could even send it to Airfective and let them fettle it.

But is it worth it? Will I like it any more than I do now? With its use case being able to be filled by an Impact too now I wonder if I should just sell it instead?

Actually the Impact fills the use case even better as it has a better shot count and larger capacity magazines.

Thoughts?

Geordiedan likes this.
  2. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Sell it, the fact you pass it up for other options means you haven’t gelled with it.

If you make the changes, will it still fit in the backpack? Would you shoot it? With the FX compact - which one would you reach for when going to your nephews.......

Nice scope to put on it if you do keep it.

Another option is to try it with a very short mod, see if that changes your opinion....I wouldnt put the huma in if you aren’t sure on keeping it.

3. hamza

None of the changes make it any longer. Adding a BAT moderator would hence not going down that route at all. It’s not like a normal mod, it replaces the nose of the gun so can’t just be removed to pack away.

Between the Lelya and the Impact I’d pretty much always grab the Impact unless I wanted something else for the novelty value.

4. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Ah ok - on my BP-17 it added a couple inches in length - still only 3 cm longer than a Lelya, so not exactly long :D

I think you know what you are going to do :D.

Or give it another chance......then you will know for sure.

5. terrierforce

terrierforce Busy Member

No offense, but I think you've answered your own question:)

6. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Given your review and what you've said above, sell it (but first of all do a glowing review, delete the other one and this thread :D)

7. Jimmypie

Jimmypie AGF Leshiy rehoming service

Sounds like it needs to go & your mind is already made up ,
    Ear plugs though ? Are you sure it’s running ok or are you just overly sensitive to noise ?
    But if the seed is sown (which tbh I think it was from day one ) just let it go and chalk it up to experience :)

8. Geordiedan

Geordiedan Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who’s been looking very closely at the likes of the lelya I’m grateful for your review, it’s a shame that it’s not quite as good as it could be :(

is there much effort involved in getting it sorted by someone like airfective? I could still be tempted by one of these but I don’t like to tinker with PCPs so the niggles would need to be resolved before I could take one on.

9. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

The AIRFECTIVE guys consider them to be the best gun on the market today!

10. mulletman6

mulletman6 Big Poster

Sell it. I had one for a couple of weeks and as nice as it looked, I don’t miss it at all.

The fact that we didn’t have the best start to our relationship didn’t help - each time it was fired it was blasting air out from the mag, resulting in a loud pop in my right ear.

Even after that was sorted, it still made a “ping” when fired which made it sound like a dud.

The cocking action wasn’t smooth and neither was the safety.

The mags weren’t easy to put in the gun.

It was beautiful to look at, but that was it. I wouldn’t buy another.

Sell it and use the Impact ;)

Geordiedan likes this.
  11. Jimmypie

Quick question Kev , may sound silly but I know how quick things pass through your hands , did you actually fire any pellets through it ?

this “ping” that everyone talks about is 10x louder on a dry fire .
    Listen to this , and take note of the dry fire at the end and how much louder it is , standard Lelya ,standard baffle , straight out the box . Taken in January .

snipperuk likes this.
  12. hamza

I am quite sensitive to loud noises and bright lights so it could be me... but maybe its just the frequency of the noise as much as anything else. The ping actually makes my head hurt! Also I think its down to cheek weld. Most people tend to have a cheek weld lower down their face than I do, whereas I typically have my cheek bone on it... which on the Lelya also means my ear is right next to the action. A different head position would move it away a couple inches and that would actually have quite a big effect in terms of the perceived sound.

The reason I wonder about tuning it is that I have heard other owners say its possible to reduce that ping.

Not really, just need to the gun over to them... Don't really want to post it though and I'm not leaving the house yet... I did get in touch and ask them if they'd be willing to tell me what to do over the phone and I pay them (quite capable of doing it myself) but they didn't respond to that so I'm thinking that's a no.

evenbad and Geordiedan like this.
  13. hamza

That's pretty much the experience I've had with mine!

evenbad likes this.
  14. Geordiedan

That does sound like a rimfire :eek:

Blue BSA and hamza like this.
  15. hamza

Definitely with pellets for me.

Jimmypie likes this.
  16. hamza

Its funny, when I bought mine, I could find nothing but praise for it online. No one complaining about the ping, not one complaint about how loud it is.

Now that I've said it, it seems other people have had the same experience too!

Threewheeler and evenbad like this.
  17. Jimmypie

only the sound of .22 hitting 2” of chipboard :D

18. Jimmypie

I only have experience of mine , which I really enjoy , as said in my first reply ,

time to move it on Hamza , let someone else have a crack :)

19. Geordiedan

LOL no I meant the muzzle report, can these be quietened down without having to add a huge moderator?

20. Jimmypie

Ive since fitted a CCD baffle which has made a difference , you can get what’s called a “BAT” moderator for them , pretty pricey , never tried one .

I’ll try and grab a video later with the camera muzzle side .

Geordiedan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.