1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Legends P.08 Toggle Stuck & Rebuild

Discussion in 'Replica Airguns' started by J0SH, Jun 11, 2021.

1. J0SH

J0SH Member

Hi all,

I recently had an issue were the toggle on my Umarex blowback luger got stuck in the back position, which prevented me from doing a basic field strip.

I'm not sure, but I don't recall the magazine space being obstructed like it is in the image when the toggle is cocked back.

Firstly, has anyone had this issue and know how to solve it?

Secondly, I removed the pivot pin to see if I could fix the jam but to no avail. Further, I wasn't able to see how the spring (below) was positioned before it sprung out, so if anyone knows please help because I cannot find this answer on videos or other forum posts.

Any help is appreciated.

DSC_0504.JPG DSC_0505.JPG DSC_0507.JPG

2. Beagle38

Beagle38 Active Member

Hello Josh,

Just had a look on my P.08 and no, when it is cocked back the unit you can see in yours (blocking the breech area) flips back out the way into the main unit being pulled by the toggle.

Sorry I can't help with any more than that.:(

3. Andy_J

Andy_J co2 Replica Airgun collector

Have a look at this thread. It might help you. :up:
    https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/commu...ately-need-help-rebuilding-umarex-p38.346004/

edit my bad........wrong P model....:confused:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  4. Beagle38

Beagle38 Active Member

Andy_J likes this.
  5. J0SH

J0SH Member

Thanks for that, good to know my suspicion was right.

I think something may be stuck in the back, but that's just a guess.

6. J0SH

J0SH Member

7. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

Even if it's jammed, it should still strip. Make sure the mag is out, as this will stop the upper sliding forward. There is also a fine black stop-bar, operated by the mag button. It is inside the breach on the right side. This stops the toggle in the "UP" position when it is raised. make sure this is down.

8. J0SH

J0SH Member

I don't think it can because the back part of the toggle has a sort of lip clinging the whole slide to the rear unless it is flush with the barrel. I can actually move the slide but only as far as shown here in the first image.

You can see quite a gap inbetween the slide and the part that I assume cycles the BB rounds.

upload_2021-6-11_22-7-13.png upload_2021-6-11_22-6-33.png upload_2021-6-11_22-7-36.jpeg upload_2021-6-11_22-8-4.png

zippy1 likes this.
  9. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

Pic 1 shows your gas nozzle is sitting forward. It should all be under the nose of the toggle, held there under spring pressure. Try to gently push it back under (Don't use excessive force! - you'll damage the nozzle.) The toggle needs to be as close to flat (closed) as you can get it, as you rightly point out it will foul the stop on the upper frame.
    I suspect you have BBs floating around in the toggle/ blowback mech. I would suggest a bit of gently rocking of both the nozzle assy & the toggle, to see if you can dislodge the obstructing BBs enough to get the toggle flatter. You'll get away with a slight rise, but not much. Don't forget to have the safety in the off position & the mag out - or it still won't slide off!

10. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

This might help.... Your toggle has the sliding part jammed forward (stuckBBs?) . In your pic you can see the square top (Marked visible in my pic) & the nozzle (marked N). If you can wiggle it so it retracts enough to let the toggle lie flat, you'll be able to strip it.
    Watch out for the arrowed and "!" marked washer. It sits on the pin beside it and forms the axis pin for the rear pivot of the toggle. Once the upper slides off, it WILL make a bid for freedom! It is only held in place by the "ears" on the rear of the lower frame & belongs on the left side.

P08 toggleI.jpg

TheArmedBear and J0SH like this.
  11. J0SH

J0SH Member

Thanks for that.

Tried rocking etc. but it will not give way anymore. If it is a BB then it is firmly lodged and annoyingly stubborn.

Is there any way to dismantle this without the basic strip?

zippy1 likes this.
  12. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

Not really. Did you try putting a finger on the nozzle/square part to hold it steady, then work the Toggle? From your pics, it looks like the toggle isn't fully open. Another Idea is to get a long flat headed screwdriver up the mag' well and see if you can dislodge anything that way. Maybe try the joint between the fixed and sliding parts...?
    It may well be that you've popped the sliding part piston right out of the fixed part tube. If you can manoeuvre it with a screwdriver or small dowel etc via the mag' well - it might just pop back in. Then the toggle should go flat.

Below is a WE toggle. It is basically the same design, shown in the normal & "Popped " positions.

IMG_20210612_005130.jpg IMG_20210612_005159.jpg

See how in the 2nd image, the piston is out of it's sleeve & binding on the rim. You can also see the square top and nozzle are very far forward - like in your photo. If you can get it realigned - it should pop back in enough under it's return spring pressure, to get the toggle down. Also note the guide for the nozzle end. make sure this hasn't jumped it's track.
    The object of the exercise is to get the toggle down far enough to strip the gun. It isn't a fix. The assembly is much easier to work on once you have it stripped. trapped BBs & distorted springs will be easy to spot.

J0SH likes this.
  13. J0SH

J0SH Member

Oh that's interesting. Appreciate all the help!

Will have a go tonight and let you know.

By the way, are you familiar with how the pivot spring (3rd image in first post) sits as I cannot work out how exactly it fits in the mechanism?

14. J0SH

J0SH Member

Update!

Many thanks!

Removed the grip covers and could see the piston slightly misaligned which some pressure on it fixed. Now the toggle goes flat and I was able to strip it, but there was nothing out of the ordinary!

Piston must have slipped for some reason. Haven't tested it yet so fingers crossed, but now I'm left with my own mistake of fitting the aforementioned pivot spring yet still can't figure out how exactly it goes. I'm assuming it locks around the bar at the end of the toggle but it seems almost too difficult to insert it like that.

[​IMG]

zippy1 likes this.
  15. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

Slide out the whole toggle ass'y from the upper frame. Push out the rear pin & washer I showed earlier to separate it from the frame. You can now easily sort out the middle joint spring & pin. the spring has it's own locating hole and guide. It is correct when it looks like the WE one pictured earlier in the thread. It should look bent the wrong way, with the back end kicked up.
    Pay particular attention to the front sliding part and nozzle. It needs to be clean, smooth & undamaged. Ditto for the rubber nub in the back of the barrel where the BB sits. If the nozzle is sticking forward, due to the nozzle stuck in the nub, or dirt on the sliding parts upper square surface etc, then the front will be left behind during recoil, pulling the piston out of the sleeve & jamming the gun. It can also stretch the spring inside the blowback unit too.
    Check there are no BBs inside the blowback unit too - It doesn't look like they can get in , but they deffo can!

I have 4 of these things, they're a bit temperamental straight out of the box. but I've found that after I've used them a little, when you strip them, you can see what is binding and galling. I polish anything that pivots/slides/ moves, then relube. A dab of molly for the metal to metal, silicone grease for metal to plastic, silicone for seals.
    Don't forget the mag' . A buff of the outside of the mag & the inside of the mag well with the used molly cloth makes mag changes slicker. A little on the mag spring can help with smooth feeding too - Don't go mad here! :rolleyes:

J0SH likes this.
  16. J0SH

J0SH Member

Thanks a bunch for that. I've sat down today and cleaned it, put the spring back etc.

Think I've found the problem: a piece has snapped off of the piston (see image), so I think that'll be a replacement part needed. Are there any vendors selling these parts to private individuals rather than retailers?

DSC_0504.JPG

17. TheArmedBear

TheArmedBear BearCurious!

It seems you have arrived at your initial problem.. but I will link you to a similar situation that I found myself in a while back... There was some good advice & a link to a place to get parts...
    KWC & Umarex P08's are the same gun.. just different branding, as far as I know.
    I also bought the legends version.. which now needs some attention!.. they are a bit temperamental!!
    https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/jammed-p08.279858/