1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Lee Enfield 303 Conversion To. 410

Discussion in 'Shotguns (SGC)' started by Trooper1965, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Trooper1965

Trooper1965 Engaging Member

Looking for a Lee enfield conversion anybody know where I could pick one up

Cheers

Trooper

2. Philpot

Philpot Post Whore

I will stand to be corrected by other members but I thought these old conversions were outlawed because the 303 was listed as a firearm and cannot be downgraded so they were destroyed. It is a long long time ago that this was a subject in the old shooting press but I do think this was the case.

It is worth talking to an RFD who is well informed or of course your local firearms officer to verify the situation.

Good luck with it and forgive me if I am wrong.

Phil

3. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Busy Member

I remember 40 years ago when there were all sorts of ex military rifles bored out to .410 for sale in Exchange and Mart. They are now Section 1 not because of having been a "firearm" in the past but because of the magazine capacity. No doubt there will be a few Section 2 kicking about but they would have to be modified and come with a Magazine Restriction proof mark / certificate. If your lucky you might find one on Gunmart or some other online dealer eventually....

Philpot, may be a lot were destroyed because there was no market and conversion was not cost effective. They were good for collectors and as a cheap gun but their bulk and weight would not have made them particularly desirable as a working gun.

Philpot and r10hunter like this.
  4. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

They often come up on gun trader and the like.
    As above.
    It’s section 5 firearms (semi autos, autos or short firearms) that can’t ever be reduced in classification. Its fine to do for section 1 guns like bolt action rifles.
    The gun will have the mag blanked off and reduced to single / 3 shot then proofed.
    There are even some originals made as single shots in .410 for guarding prisoners but I expect you would pay a fair price for these.
    Interesting thing to own but horrid to shoot as a .410 shotgun.
    Good luck with the search.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  5. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer Keyboard Hero

a mate of mine has one,although i personally have never seen it.

6. The burpster

The burpster Engaging Member

I found one for a mate at one of my clubs. Was limited to single shot but he loves it, they are still around.

7. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

8. Popgun

Popgun Donator

9. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

I have one. A 1919 model MK3* converted to .410 as a single shot.
    I did take it clay bashing once and whilst I hit about 1 in 10 I've never had as many people ask for a go as I did with that! (I did remove the bayonet though)
    I've always wanted one and when I realised I could have one on an SGC I had to get one.
    It doesn't get used, but it gets regularly oiled and cleaned as a favourite piece of history.[​IMG]

Trampilot, WR14210, the dog and 2 others like this.
  10. Popgun

Popgun Donator

They dont like it up em

11. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I have a 1917 deact with bayonet Fubbytucker. The stock on your looks in mint condition.

12. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

Look on pigeon watch forum
    Atb

13. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

14. Trooper1965

Trooper1965 Engaging Member

That's a bute I would probably do the same shoot now and again but the pleasure would be owning one and cleaning it.

Atb

Trooper

15. Sarge

Sarge Engaging Member

My understanding is that Section 1 firearms converted to section 2 after the '88 act came into force are to still be considered S1 if it has or ever had a rifled barrel less than 24" 'notwithstanding anything done for the purpose of converting it into a shot gun or an air weapon'.

Luckily the SMLE had/has a barrel of 25".:)
    Many Enfields were converted I believe and they often appear in sales and auctions.

16. Chris Werb

Chris Werb Engaging Member

Your understanding is correct :)

17. DUNKS

DUNKS Keyboard Hero

Saw an absolute beaut today. 1922 Enfield sleeved down to .22 LR with Parker Hale peep sights. Told it shoots spot on.