1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

LED Kitchen Lighting

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Donki Oaty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

I'm currently listening to the radio and it was on about how much you can save by swapping out your incandescent bulbs for LED's.
    I've been planning to do this for a while, so I've bought 20 from Amazon with a voucher I got as an Xmas present.

Have any of you guys swapped your existing kitchen, living room etc... spotlights out for LED's? If so did you notice a difference in light or a difference on your statement?

Cheers

Mat

2. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Yes but it gives a horrible clinical glow. Soon went back

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

yer,did mine, got 10x down lights and under unit lights and there the nuts, so bright go to where :cool:

4. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Been meaning to do this for ages. What lights did you get?

5. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

well I had 10x gu10 lamps and I was sick to death of changing the lamps, i'd get three or four a month blow , so I changed them for 7watt osram leds cool white think they costs around a tenner each, end of the day you get what you pay for, so now four months on not had any blow alls good :)

6. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I've had led for about 2 years, never changed one yet!

You can get cool white or soft white, the soft white is less clinical:)

7. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

think its called warm white and cool white :)

8. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Yep, most of my house is converted to LED, I have a friend who runs a LED lamp business, so got them cheaper than usual.

Do you want his website addy? You may get a discount if you tell him I recommended his site.

K

9. Bridson

Bridson Active Member

I did my mr16 in the kitchen but they flickered like strobe lights so took them out. Any body else had this issue?

10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

did you change the transformers?

11. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

I've just fitted a whole kitchen out with LED strip lights (adhesive type on the roll) and ballasts!

Including the 18 LED spot lights in the ceiling and all the under cupboard and kick board strip lights it's costs about 20 pence every 24 hours if left on constantly!

The lights are very bright white but you can buy the cooler shades or even have coloured LEDS on a controller and choose any colour to suit up your mood!

CostCo have some motion detection activated strip lights in currently that look quite good!

12. Speed

Speed Busy Member

we have changed to led gu10s we went for ultra white (brightest i could get) they are 3 or 4 watt so the 6 we have in the kitchen is cheaper to run that 1 of the old bulbs

i decided to get the brightest as the conservatory blocks light into the kitchen, these bulbs are like summertime daylight:)

13. Bridson

Bridson Active Member

No, just the bulbs

14. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

bet that's why mate led bulbs have little or less resistance the a normal bulb, on the 240 v gu10 bulbs your have to change dimmers etc because of this

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I have the SMD LED flexible strips under my kitchen wall units and remote control coloured LEDs on top of the wall units which act as mood up lighters.

We fit lots of LED lights now at work and there is a move towards light fittings with non replaceable lamps. Aurora make good units, I've had no complaints and fitted plenty in domestic and commercial buildings.

It doesn't matter which colour of white you choose, but stick with it. It looks dreadful when people mix warm and cool white in the same room.

Don't use the old transformers you have for low voltage halogen lights for 12v LED as they don't regulate voltage well and will shorten the LED lamp life. Instead get proper LED drivers.

Some videos of my kitchen of many colours...
    The remote works like an iPod click wheel and transmits by radio frequency so is non directional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK52nFyzuBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgXFsOd2Tak&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm in the building trade and if anybody needs advice please PM me, I will be happy to help.

James