1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Leave Me Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by EX Mod Cog, Jul 27, 2007.

1. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

All,

I'm going away as from tomorrow and won't be back for nearly a month - I'm going down to France to do some work and take a break too.

While I'm gone I thought it could be a good idea if you leave me suggestions about which cheap rifle is the best as a project gun ?

Basically I want something dirt cheap that I can customize, improve and really make my own. Any suggestions are warmly welcomed.

The ideal gun would be something that has loads of custom parts available for it - I know of some, and these are the Crosman 2250 and SMK XS78, but if you can think of any more then please leave them here.

Thanks, and I wish you all ' happy shooting ' while I'm away ...

James.

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Budget project

HI,How about a Crossman 1077, they're relatively cheap.
    Try and see if you can squeeze 10 or 11 ft/lbs out of one.
    I know they're a bit "plastic cr*p" but with more power it would be a v.amusing rat gun.
    There are dedicated websites Stateside,I'm not sure about over here.

3. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

On the issue of Crssman, they have a new spring gun out in ,22. ajustable velocity, and wood stock. $ 250 CAD

Sorry I don't have a link.

I have used this rifle, best bang for your buck around