1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

laughed at us "airgunners"

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jamessuper10, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamessuper10

jamessuper10 Engaging Member

Hi all

dont know if anyone has ever had this said to them... went to Bisley small bore range about two weeks ago, really wanted to put my marksmanship to the test and my super 10, spoke to one of the guys behind the counter and was told to hang on while he finds someone that knows what they are talking about... fair enough!

guy comes back to me with another fellow, very nice guy... had a good chat with him, he had just got back from South Africa, had been on a hunting trip, so there was lots for us to talk about, anyway back to the point! Told him i was looking to get onto the range with the sup10 and see what it could do, "He laughed at me" not enough power he reakons, im not looking to blow elephant away with the bloody thing was my reply!

I was quite upset by this, and as im nervouse enough about taking my gun out in the back yard and shooting at the wooden block i have, i cant even go to one of the best ranges in the world, because my gun is to small!!!! there are a few words that come to mind! but i will keep them to myself :)

guys please any feed back on this matter?

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

at one of the local clubs they didnt like airguns much unless they were FAC.

(why FAC for targets):rolleyes:

also liked rimfires more:rolleyes:

they did have a 10 meter range but that was pistols mainly, didnt like rifles in there:rolleyes:

3. jamessuper10

jamessuper10 Engaging Member

i was only looking to get onto the 25m range!!!

4. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

One of my local clubs closed there airgun section when the vcr act came in as they didn't want to be associated with airguns because of bad press so i left the club after that i own centrefire, rimfire and shotguns but none give me as much pleasure as i get from a nice recoiling air rifle

5. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

know what u meant jammy.

still use the little BSA from time to time:)

6. tom simkins

tom simkins Busy Member

been to the range a few times now where i live.. they wellcome all air rifles.. (NOT pistols) theres meny kinds of target and the shotgun lads oft drop by to see how we are doing.. i allways say "how the real shooters do it (6)"

7. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

8. DVS1

DVS1 Active Member

Hey there James

Sorry to hear of your tale at Bisley, not very community spirited was it?

I must admit I have found the vast majority of the staff at a certain shop at Bisley to always look down upon those of us who air-weapons.

As soon as you give the impression that your not shooting centre fire they just treat you like an irriatating child. I once enquired about a versa-pod at Fultons and was practically laughed out the shop when I said I was mounting it on an air rifle (FAC one at that too!). The member of staff said and I quote "a harris is more than sufficient for an air rifle, a versa-pod is more robust for serious shooting".......I could've quite easily chinned the plank!

Hence they didnt get my £75 (vastly over inflated price too I hasten to add because its a shop at Bisley).

They dont seem to remember that as a community whether air rifle or elephant gun we're all in the same sport. There are places and disciplines that either of our chosen tools are and are not suitable for. Can they use their fullbore in built up areas that us air gunners can....no!

Would us air gunners think of trying to take a deer with an air rifle....no! Its our chosen discipline so why should we be treated with any sub standard as any other?

My 2 pence and rant over lol

DVS

9. MARTIN1

MARTIN1 Engaging Member

You will get treated like this by farmers too and many people as they think there little boys toys but a airgun is more accureter than a shotty so why the farmer think shotty beter than airgun?
    we airguners know beter thats al i can say.
    shame on bisley as the magazines show bisley saying they love to deal with airguners

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

when it comes to getting farmers to take airguns seriously you have to let them know that it will kill quary without blowing a hole in anything after that!

i very much doubt he'd let you shoot rats with a shotgun or rimfire in the barns!!!

the air gun AKA "toy" is also very descreet.
    you wont wake him up with a bang when lamping:p

its an effective tool which is used only by the most skilled marksmen:cool:
    anyone can point and shoot a shotty:rolleyes:

its like being able to beat an F1 car with your normal 5 seater because you know what you are doing:D

you may be laughed at but it will be laughter of joy as they view the carnage brought apon mear quarry with low power.

its like not winning a war with pure fire power but sneeking up on people and hitting them on the back of the head with a blunt object such as a polar bears penis...

11. Buzz

Buzz Banned

You're right a1, but not just anyone can hit things with it.

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i have tried and did miss 1st time but it is easier than air guns:)

13. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I would say it's harder than shooting a scoped rifle with the shotgun you shooting a moving target and you have to understand it's flight path especially when shooting game with a scoped rifle you are shooting a static target try pheasant shooting and see if you can take a high bird then we'll see how easy it is

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

its hard to tell.

static target and the shotty really is a pice of victoria spounge

but a moving target is harder, with an Air gun its impossible meaning that shotguns are generally easier than the humble pea shooter.

Yow will more likley het a better hit/miss ratio with a shootty than with an air gun making my previous point valid

15. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

As you haven't done it you don't know what your talking about so you have no point to make you can shoot moving targets with a rifle i've been on driven boar shoots it's much harder to take a bird on the wing than a static or moving target with a rifle i've got plenty of experience of both

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

think this is on target shooting anyway lol

think its gone off the inital point,again:D

im talking static targets, i think but it mayhave digressed off that too:p

either way air rifles take marksman ship because it has a very low tolerence but with a shotty you have the spread increasing your chances.

ya also have a bigger kill zone

17. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Go out and shoot a 100 bird sporting a1 and tell us what you scored....that'll shut you up about how easy a shotgun is.

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

think this all started afre matin 1 said airguns being more accurate but shoottys have more spread.

not sure when moving targets came up, think it was me not sure, regardless ive been on about shooting rats in a barn at first:confused:

19. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

i agree with buzz a1 put your money where your mouth is i'll even pay for a day at my club and i'll film it for the forum to watch

20. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yes i know shootys are hard but i think you got the wrong end of the stick and i think i may have handed you that side at some point, not sure when lol

i meant compared to airgun tactics, if that makes sence.

static targets.
    take a static rabbit and its easier to hit it with a shotty than and air gun.

that make sence:confused:
    doesnt usually.
    what was the topic on about again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.