1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

last nights trip

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by custom100, Jun 4, 2007.

1. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

about 11 last night i decided that seeing how the weather was holding off i,d go for a shoot. wind was blowin across my shoot at about 2-3 mph. whilst walking up the field towards one of my hot spots a fox started barking his bolloxs off at me from across the field,never had that happen before, that,s it i thought no bunnies up here tonight. i slowly made my way up the hedge line, put my lamp on, and there ,about 50yds into the field sat two rabbits. the first thing i did was move closer keeping the nearest rabbit in the beam of light. i got to within 30 yds and dropped the first rabbit and went for the second , only to find it had moved. i scanned the feild and found the rabbit about 45 yds away, lined up the shot, and missed. guess i got the range wrong. i reloaded my hw100 and took a second shot , i gave it my usual 50 yd setting ,and down it went,well chuffed. i hen went round the rest of my shoot ,4 more rabbits,total tonite was 6 but the last 4 were a lot closer than the first 2...got home at about 1.15 skinned and gutted the rabbits and my dogs will enjoy them in the morning...the only question i keep asking myself is , why was the fox barking and is this a common occurence?

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Maybee the fox had some young near by and was trying to warn you off, everytime i see a fox it runs away.:shrug:

3. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

never had one bark at me before, had plenty run away