1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Lamping With Friends, Still Has Its Problems.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Elk hunter, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Couple of days ago James (Tinmanofkent ) came up for a visit and a few hours foxing was on the menue. The phesant syndicate have already shot a vixen and a couple of cubs but there is still to much cover with the beans still standing.
    To give us the best chance to catch a fox I decided to bate three fields at the back of the beans as there are 2 release pens in them. Now I normaly don't drive round the farm but James does like his creature comforts. Time to take the Ranger, no leg work involved only horse power. Loaded up meat and guts, then we were on our way.

Horses for courses
    [​IMG]

With the wind I knew the way the aproch would be later and placing the bate was not rocket science. James and I had plenty of shots at pigeons, crows, magpies, to be fair anything that was vermin. If we had hit everything we'd aimed at we'd have had a bag full. Hole lot of fun was had just driving about.

Open ground only for a while plough is on its way
    [​IMG]

Just after dusk lamp was on and across the stuble we went. Plenty of hares in every field to start with. Now after 30 mins later we came over the brow of the hill to the fist bate station and a quick scan with the lamp a pair of eyes appeared. James was behind me still using his Pitchblack NV, had to dam near shout him over.
    James took the lamp and I lay down, as the fox was on the move. I had great difficultly seeing him through my scope as my .223 has a focus side wheel. All I could see was blurry eyes and sod all else. Spent valuable time messing about with the focus, while squeaking the fox to hang around. Poor old James turned the lamp on and off a dozen times.
    Eventually as clear as a bell, one me squeak, Saftey off and bang. Took him front of the chest and a good 100 yards. After walking down and collecting the young dog I left him in the gate way to be picked up the following day.

One less to worry about
    [​IMG]

Moved on to the next bat station and nothing but hares again, they are everywhere. But as we approached the area of bate the lamp caught another pair of eyes. I went to my knees James stood to the side with the lamp. Again I could not see the fox fox a pair of oversized burry eyes. Had to faf about with the side wheel focus and by the time I got it sorted fox had gone. Right peed off with the set up. Then to top it off we saw another fox further down the field, bu I did not even bother trying to put the scope on it.
    James and I headed home as we had an early start again in the morning. Although I had an enjoyable night lamping a thing a seldom do now, I am a little frustrated with my current set up on the .223, as I'm not used to having to focus when out. Most of my rifle scopes are fixed power and wondering where to change scope or persevere.

Still pondering Andrew

2. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

A good evening out Andrew. That Pitch Black NV I've got is now rated for .223 maybe use that next time?

You then won't have to put up with my clumsiness in the dark!

3. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Can I come next time if only to drive that cool little buggy in the barn behind the ranger lol

That will do me, you lads have it good down there:)

4. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

If the noise, ride and weather protection of that buggy appeals to you maybe you should consider a Defender.

5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Anything that goes over tough terrain that can carry me and a gun appeals to me mate, in fact I wouldnt take the gun I would just chase the rabbits and run em over :)

6. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Did my photo inspire you?

7. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Elliot.
    The little buggy is a Quadzilla I think. My father picked it up I a deal some years ago and my nephews have a blast around the farm on it. But I can honestly say I've never driven or even ridden in it.

Andrew

8. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I borrowed this grizzley 700 stortly after loosing my leg me and a mate went stalking my mates mate is a millionare said just take it :D good fun and went straight over the grouse moors two up and my mates 25 stone I was 15 1/2 stone also:D [​IMG]

I had it everywhere in fact could have lost another leg on the thing, no power steering and is non existent when your carrying over 40 stone but it took it inbetween overheating lol:eek: gave it a jetwash pulled the heather off its axels delivered it back to millionares house told him it was great and got the hell out of there:D I cant believe we didn't break it,:eek:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  9. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Nice. One of my quads is a Yamaha 400cc, a couple of years ago we used it to pull large trailer loads of small square bales up a steep hill off a field. The fan was going mad on that bad boy too! I've taken the carbs off two of the quads to be sent for overhaul. I'd really like to properly kit out one of the quads for shooting with a gun rest, infra red spotlights for the NV and additional exhaust silencers.

Im selling one of the quads Elliot, could I tempt you?

10. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks like a great nights shooting guys, also bet is was great fun driving round too :up:

11. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Believe it or not mate, that quad has pulled my mates long wheel base tranny up there in the snow when its stuck!

If I was getting one James I think I would buy the new polaris sportsman, or a can am, as I wouldn't mess about trailering it about I would get a PLG road registered Jobbie, saying that doing 40mph on that grizzly felt bloody unsafe and that's coming from someone who owned 180mph thousand cc bikes, so I think I will stick to the 4x4s for now mate thanks anyway, still wouldn't say no to the right defender or pajero for what I do.

12. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I've got one of my quads registered as a tractor. £120 any driver insurance, free road tax and no MOT. They are seriously dangerous on road. Every corner the thing wants to throw you off and the agricultural tyres don't like high speed.

What defender/pajero are you after?