1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kral Puncher Pro Mods Ready To Go.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by TrickyDicky, Nov 7, 2019.

1. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

Just spent the afternoon in the shed turning the spacers and locators for the new carbon shroud with incorporated mod as the bit of carbon tube turned up today...so will be testing for quietness,

So far i have polished all the trigger sears and fitted a softer spring which has transformed the trigger, polished all the internal cocking mechanism ...and now all that remains is to fit the SSG and adjustable hammer that is being made by a very kind and helpful person here.
    If it all pans out it should feel and perform like a gun of more than twice the price.....and it might even get a nice new stock.;)

[​IMG]

talent, genesis, DrGunn and 3 others like this.
  2. 32:1

32:1 Theoben user

Whats the barrel like Tricky

Chris

3. TrickyDicky

Absolutely spot on...first thing i tested before going any further with it will do pellet on pellet at 35yds.

4. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Big Poster

Nice work tricky, if it works as good as it looks it will be great

TrickyDicky likes this.
  5. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Good work Tricky, that will be spot on :thumb:

Ray

6. Bozz

Bozz Engaging Member

7. TrickyDicky

Keep watching and i will update as i test the shroud damping...going to first test without SSG fitted as i always find they damp the sound anyway.

As for the trigger i dont know as i have never looked at the Mastiff.

8. TrickyDicky

Just cut the tube down to the length i want and tried the baffles in the pic and its not that quiet...i did try it at the full length with just an end cap and it was considerably quieter...which is not surprising as a decent void will do that,
    At the moment i have the back of the tube non vented i dont know if that will make a difference or not but at the moment i dont really want to drill the tube just yet ...going to try a void in the first chamber and see if that helps.

[​IMG]

talent likes this.
  9. sharpsman

sharpsman Keyboard Hero

Excellent post i look forward to any more, i will be getting one in .22 in the next couple of weeks.

10. Bash

Bash Active Member

Wow looking good, got a puncher breaker myself and thinking of ways of making it quite too, keep the good work up :thumb:

11. TrickyDicky

Well the silenced shroud worked reasonably well and even better with the SSG......however i cant get the power above 8ftlb even with a stronger spring i suspect that i would need to enlarge the transfer port which i am not keen on doing at present so bit of a bust on that front..but i'' keep trying.

12. Bozz

Bozz Engaging Member

Hi was the power ok before the work if not it sounds very similar to my webley mastiff, they make the airway's for higher power country's, so I think it is a bit of an oversight as they should set them for our laws really. All best Graham.

13. TrickyDicky

The bottle pressure has a marked effect on power i know unregulated guns have a curve but this was quite marked anyway on filling to 220bar the power was back up to before,
    But i am thinking that the transfer ports are restricted in size as nether hammer spring tension or striker travel made any difference ...i will try again with higher bottle pressure but i suspect that the results will be the same....just removed the power adjuster and measured the aperture and found it to be 4.2 mm so if the rest or the airways is the same i am starting to worry as that's quite big for an unregulated .177 they only open them up to 4.7 to 5mm in the US to get their idea of good power.

14. sharpsman

sharpsman Keyboard Hero

4.2 should be ample size transfer port for a sub 12ftlb gun, have you tried it say at about 120 bar for power as most unrreged guns tend to be low powered at the top ends of the fill pressure

15. TrickyDicky

First tested at 120bar that's where i found the power too low...it can be filled to 250bar that's why i only filled to 220bar.

16. sharpsman

sharpsman Keyboard Hero

trial and error will find its spot try some where inbetween at least you will have somewhere to work from, 250 bar is a lot of pressure for a sub 12ftlb hammer spring ect to work with.

17. Bozz

Bozz Engaging Member

Hi there that's one reason why I fitted a regulator to my Mastiff, I opened all air airway's up a bit which then set me on finding a softer spring for hammer,I also fitted The spring in the exhaust valve as supplied by lane regulator's it now runs really sweet. Good luck Graham.

18. robs5230

robs5230 леший

I'd say your appreciation of the TP size may be correct. 4.2mm in .177 sub12 unregged seems way too big.
    The BSA ultra SE in sub12 runs a 2.7mm TP as standard and only needs 3.5mm regged and that has a 12" barrel so not very air efficient at that.
    I'd try choking that TP down a little.
    Getting the TP, hammer and valve return spring better suited to sub12 should see an increase in shot count and a quieter shot

TrickyDicky likes this.
  19. TrickyDicky

Yes as you say the BSA I have done work on had a much smaller TP and even had to reduce the one on a Coyote...just cant see why they would use so big for the power adjuster...will have to check the rest of the system before going further,
    But if the power adjuster is moved the fps drops markedly...i am now wondering if its a case of pandering to the US market and making the whole air system to suite their normal requirements and then using softer/shorter hammer springs to keep within UK limits.

20. robs5230

robs5230 леший

They'll simply be made for higher power markets and be "made to do" for the lower UK sub12.
    The Leshiy is another example. The standard Edgun setup made for max power and the factory reg is set way too high for us. They can be turned down (and are) for the UK but run very inefficiently.
    The Huma sub12 reg kit includes weaker hammer and valve springs in the kit.
    The Zbroia offerings are similar and are bodged for uk.
    I reckon your standard setup will need some fair changes, but if you do get it right, it should be great.
    I'd certainly start with a smaller TP and possibly a weaker hammer spring maybe.
    Sounds like a tinkerers dream :D

TrickyDicky likes this.