1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kral Puncher Breaker Bullpup Vs Ultra Se ?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by grobbo, Oct 3, 2019.

1. grobbo

grobbo Active Member

Hi folks

I'a generally a backgarden plinker having recently (last year) acquired a BSA Ultra SE .177.

I'm very pleased with the rifle and have no gripes about it other than the cylinder could be bigger, but having said that the reason I like it is for its shortness and compactness so I dont want to fit a bigger tube. But, I recently got an itch I cant scratch when I started looking at the Kral Bullpup. Basically, I just like how it looks! but also, it appears to have about 4 x the shot capacity of the Ultra.

Might sound like a daft idea to the more experienced of you out there who have handled more rifles than me, but i seriously considering looking for a swap. I cant justify two guns for the amount of times I use it so the ultra would need to go.

a. what do they compare like against each other
    b. do you think there would be anyone out there looking for a (hopefully straight) swap.

Graeme

2. no country members

no country members Tooled up tool

Keep the Ultra and save up some money to put with it towards a second hand Wildcat or Uragan. Or Lelya or Vulcan.

3. dave 2 stroke

dave 2 stroke Busy Member

i just got ultra in 22 for my lad very good it is as well i would do as no country says save the dosh as its not as nice as the ultra i just on with reging my ultra get a good few more shots out it if you do

4. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

I think most people are going to say stick with the ultra, you're shooting at home so won't be stuck out on a farm with no air due to small capacity, you just charge it!
    The ultra is arguably the better gun, but I know how you feel, I might sell mine for the same reason (plus its a single shot).

Husky-loves-to-run likes this.
  5. no country members

no country members Tooled up tool

6. snipperuk

snipperuk Donator

Never had an ultra but I did have a mk1 puncher breaker and couldn't fault it to be honest ,
    I fitted lane reg and a lighter hammer spring for even better shot count and consistency. .... nice and accurate
    Only thing I'd say negative was the weight .... little on the heavy side
    20171015_144903.jpg

7. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

Nothing wrong with heavy rifles

8. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

Stick a bigger cylinder on the ultra?

9. robs5230

robs5230 леший

I can feel a whole boat load of regret coming if you get rid of the Ultra for that Kral.
    But sometimes, we just have to scratch an itch.

Personally, I'd try to keep the Ultra and save up for the Kral, then bin which you don't want after a good try out

Tim_B and Husky-loves-to-run like this.
  10. Auracana

Auracana Engaging Member

I had both at the same time. Ultra is the favourite, but it is airtech tuned and long cylinder.
    Couldn't fault the function of the Kral, but just couldn't get comfy with the stock, so ended up selling it.
    Now have a FX Wildcat, which I find suits me perfectly...

11. Rudolph Hucker

Rudolph Hucker Busy Member

Ooh, this is a tough one - I'm not sure that I can bring myself to say it.
    .............. keep the Ul, Ul, Ult, Ul, Ult - ah fuckitbuyagamo :D

no country members likes this.
  12. Paul55

Paul55 Posting Addict

The Gamo is basically a BSA with a Gamo badge. I had a couple of Kral's & both went back because of build quality. Stick with the Ultra & save up to get a Gamo. Good luck with whichever way you go.

13. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

Have you looked at the Kozak yet?

14. raven hunter

raven hunter Posting Addict

stay with ultra i have two .177 multy .22 single shot, the .177 has had the up grade 325 cylinder huma reg and all the bits with it even polish the barrel both ends and can not fault it. but if you have that scratch well ????????.

15. Dennis74

Dennis74 Active Member

From the "budget line up" I had both a P15 (.177) and a Webley (.22). Personally I suspect Webley to be manufactured at the same factory as Kral, Pardus and Pallas and probably a few more. Minor differences and a different label.

Both the P15 and the Webley were really bad out of the box. After putting in a lot of time and affection, the P15 turned into a great little bullpup. I'd recommend it when you are willing to work on it. The Webley had a fantastic looking walnut stock. However, I had some issues with the valve and valve housing. It was really rough and required a lot of time cleaning and polishing. And even then it just wasn't anywhere near as good as other airguns I own(ed).

Now I also have a sub 12 JB blueprinted Ultra Se , a Wildcat Mk2 (FAC) an Airwolf and a R-10 in .25. None of the so called "budget airguns" I owned, come close to the quality, accuracy and consistency of those guns. I didn't expect that anyway and therefore had great fun with them before selling them.

When you want a nice garden plinker and are willing to put effort into it... go for it. Just don't expect it to be as good as a FX, Air arms, daystate, BSA. On the other hand. They're not prized like FX or Daystate too ;)

Just my 2 cents... ;)

Ps. I do like the look of the Puncher breaker. Maybe sometime in the future...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  16. rkr

rkr Posting Addict

I have BSAs and I have Evanixes that are supposed to be better (original?) version of Kral. For 12 fpe gun I would definitely go for BSA. Evanix is a bit agricultural powerhouse that works well at 100+ fpe but for 12 fpe it just can't meet the finesse of BSA.

17. allanthomas66

allanthomas66 Busy Member

I recently sold my Ultra SE and have to say it’s the biggest regret regarding an airgun sale in my life.

Having played with a few Kral rifles it’s obvious that the QC is not the same as BSA even though they aren’t the best regarded at times.

The ultra is a fine rifle and will serve you well for years to come while a Kral will spend half its time in bits being fixed or made better.

If shot count is a big thing to you, and you already are familiar with, and like the Ultra action/design setup then I’d suggest looking at a nice R10 MK2 or SE.

I bought a Walnut stock MK2 R10 just before I sold my ultra for the very same reason, shot count, and found it to be still very light and compact and with all the benefits and accuracy of the ultra.

Hope whatever you chose it works out for you but if it were me, I 100% would not part with your ultra SE for a Kral, even if it was 24k gold plated.