1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kral Np02 Initial Thoughts

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by pjgtech, Dec 28, 2019.

1. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

So I managed to get to the range today and finally try out the Kral NP02.
    My initial thoughts are as follows:

The gun is an evolution of the pistol, previously made by Kral and is a budget gun.

What do you get in the box?
    A hard case, padded, the clips (x4) are a bit flimsy, and can unlock on their own, but, it's a free hard case and once you have used the case / clips a few times , there is knack that you get used to to stop this.
    The gun itself, more in a bit...

Two mags, each hold 14 shots (in .177). The pcp air probe and best fittings type connectors and even a test plug (blank). A couple of Alan keys and a single shot loader, oh, and a small barrel end piece, it's not a mod, not a stripper, not a thread cover, although that's what it does.

This gun is LOUD, So I bought a mod for it, hugget, cos I waited a short mod.

For now, I just have a basic Hawke scope on it, eg, 3-9x40AO.

The gun itself, for such a low budget is surprisingly well made, not perfect it's no Air Arms sure, but it has a nice walnut stock, feels re-assuringly weighty, even the plastic mags feel ok? To cock the gun the lever is on the left side, which, although I'm a rightie, is ok, I quickly got used to it being on that side and means you don't need to take your hand off the pistol grip.
    The lever was a bit stiff initially, but after using it today I can already feel it's getting better, again, it's no HW100 lever, but it works fine.

Inserting the plastic mags and single shot loader was also a bit tight initially, but I think the plastic ridge on the side was tight in the groove, and after a few uses it has got better. You can only load these one way so you cant do it wrong. The pistol grip and stock have nice stippling so it's easy to grip.

The mags have to be wound round clockwise then pellets loaded until full, a nice feature is the numbered mag slots, so you can see how many shots are left.

Once full its claimed that it will give 200 plus shots, today I put about 10 mags through it and the air supply dropped from 190 to around 130, giving 140 shots so I reckon it will be close to the claimed 200.

I was really just trying it out today, swapping things around, but tomorrow I will try to do some proper groups and see what it can do. It feels very "pointable" if that makes sense, just a simple point and shoot gun.

Some peeps complain about the LOP, but for me its ok, not too long at all. It feels quite well balanced with the cylinder at the front and bottle at the back.

The plastic butt is adjustable and works fine, press a button and the butt pad can be eased up or down so the gun fits better.

Things I don't like? It's not the best finished rifle, there are a few rough edges, but it cost £350 quid not £1k+ so what do you expect? The mags, although ok, feel cheap. The safety lever is not auto and is small and the timber cut out is a bit small, so can be fiddly to flick on /off. The black plastic butt / bottle cover looks cheap.

So far I like it, you get a lot of gun for the money, don't expect top quality build / finish, but what you do get is perfectly adequate. Will update after I've played with it a bit more.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

Nice write up. Looks great value for money and lots of fun. I watched a review today and they said the wood was mahogany?

Boo86 and Deleted Member 42982 like this.
  3. pjgtech

Its Turkish walnut.

4. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Pro Poster

Always admire how they looked but always doubted their performance

5. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Nice write up mate, pretty much what I’d say bout it :thumb:

6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Nice honest write up matey, thank you.

Deleted Member 42982 likes this.
  7. pjgtech

Had another short session with the Kral NP02 on Sunday, did not have too long to play as the range was quite busy with a few new peeps, plus some regulars with new bits and bobs, so spent more time talking than shooting, but did manage to put together two proper groups, onto two targets, using JSB Diablos, at 35m range. This was outside, there was a light breeze.
    Kral NP02 Dec2019 pellet group x2 at 35m (1).jpg Kral NP02 Dec2019 pellet group x2 at 35m (2).jpg
    I emptied a whole magazine into both targets (14 shots each time). There were a few flyers, but that is almost certainly me, rather than the gun, as its only the second time I have used it. I appreciate that these are not the best groups in the world, but they are not the worst either. I am confident that, with a little more practice and time with this gun, these groups could get much tighter. Didn't measure, but looks like about 30mm c2c?

Also, I want to try a few different pellets, as I'm sure I read somewhere, possibly on here? that someone elses NP02 did not like JSB's? which is what I'm using, so may try out a few others next week....

This is such an enjoyable little gun, a few peeps had a go with it, at the weekend and everyone seemed interested in it.
    The Kral is still putting a smile on my face.... :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  8. krugerandsmith

krugerandsmith Engaging Member

I have the Jumbo .... Its one lovely rifle both to look at and fire ... That Walnut stock is a thing of beauty. Groups will tighten up as it beds in and you do your bit and find the pellets best suited for that barrel.

9. pjgtech

Another session with the NP02, tried out the Chinese pellets today, (Qys domed) as I've had a tin for ages, but never actually used them, I actually knocked the tin over at the range, so half the tin ended up in the dirt, my fault, bloody ham fisted Egit that I am!

The pellets were giving very good groups at 35m, see pics....was quite breezy today, but still managed to tighten the groups when I concentrated hard, the odd loose pellets on the middle and bottom pic was me, I snatched them a bit, but the gun is very consistent, giving capable of cloverleaf groups when shot right, not by someone like me who is a sausage fingered buffoon.... :facepalm:
    KralNP02 Qys Pellets 6Jan2020111.jpg KralNP02 Qys Pellets 6Jan2020112.jpg KralNP02 Qys Pellets 6Jan2020113.jpg

10. ibo7

ibo7 Very Active

When I had mine the group's tightened up massively after cleaning the barrel, if you haven't done it already then that can help too:thumb:

Deleted Member 42982 and pjgtech like this.
  11. Brett Collins

Brett Collins Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to get a Daystate Boxall and Edmiston hunter given to me as my first gun. It is .17 calibre and I love it. However it has got me hooked so I wanted a .22 pcp for hunting. I was looking at the Walther Rotex Varmint re budget, but ended up with the Kral NP02 after visiting my local range and seeing a chap hitting everything he aimed at. Absolutely love it. Ideal for hunting on my dads farm in Somerset and permissions here in Leicestershire. Taken out rabbits, Squirrels and Pigeons at ease. Large shot count but tbh every shot so far has hit home! Currently eating rabbit stew as a result. Managed to get fill bottle, silencer (Weinrach)and Hawke scope for £500 from my local dealer. I’m not experienced by any means but it certainly has had as much success as the Daystate (which I certainly could afford or justify buying with my on cash!)

12. pjgtech

Yep, the more I shoot this little gun, the more I like it, itching to get down the range with it again this weekend.... :)

13. ples73

ples73 Donator

Please keep us informed..hoping to get one end of the month

14. Gazzmondo

Gazzmondo Donator

Not wishing to hijack the post but my one is getting delivered on Monday, it'll be interesting to compare it to my FX Verminator.
    I'm expecting to have to do a bit fettling to get there but don't mind that for just over £300.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  15. ples73

ples73 Donator

Let me/us know what you think cheers

foxtrott likes this.
  16. Brett Collins

Brett Collins Well-Known Member

Mines liking the JSB Jumbo’s. or AA Field Diablos

foxtrott likes this.
  17. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

I have the Puncher pro 500 and it sits very well along side my Daystate MK4 and BSA R10 ...in fact its marginally more accurate. than both.

foxtrott and Brett Collins like this.
  18. foxtrott

foxtrott I'll be back

Wow really have you done any work to it

19. sauer

sauer Engaging Member

Can you get these kral punchers in FAC ?

Would you ?

Cheers
    Paul

20. mole trapper

mole trapper Busy Member

Good evaluation!.
    I've had mine a fortnight now, to date I'm very pleased, it's solely for night work on rats. To date it is very good at that job.
    I find the side lever a little bit fiddly in the dark, but I have very big hands apparently.
    It's not remotely pellet fussy so far which is great.
    Obviously time will tell if it's in it for the long run,b as it stands now I'm chuffed with it.

Cornish Mole Catcher and pjgtech like this.