1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kral Np-02 'power Wheel'

Discussion in 'Technical' started by stevew71, Sep 16, 2021.

1. stevew71

stevew71 Well-Known Member

I've had this NP-02 for a few months, purchased second hand. When I picked it up there was a slight puffing at the power adjuster on the marked/gauge side, as the gun had been stood a while I guessed that the o-rings had hardened/failed. I'd read that this was a weak area on these rifles but wasn't too bothered. On inspection there didn't seem to be any damage to the o-rings but they were replaced anyway and a smear of silicon grease applied and all was good - no more puffing on test.
    Or so I thought
    Took the rifle to the range to set up and after a dozen or so shots the puff returned.
    I've changed the o-rings a couple of times since - no visible damage and all good for a few shots then the puff returns like a dodgy curry from the night before. I'm not 'using' the power adjuster, it's just set to full as that's where it will be used and zeroed so there's no movement/rotation against the o-rings.
    I had another go yesterday and for good measure removed the barrel to check for burrs on the TP. There wasn't but I gave it a tickle with a bearing dipped in lapping paste just in case, even though the power adjuster doesn't make contact with the barrel. There were no discernable burrs in the block the adjuster fits too (slid a cotton bud in and didn't feel any snag).
    And the same thing occurred, good for a dozen shots then puffing again.
    The o-rings I am using are 3mm ID / 1.5mm thickness (for a OD of 6mm) - I got this size from another forum, can anyone confirm these are the correct size ?
    If they are correct does anyone have any suggestions on curing this ?- when it's not puffing it's superbly accurate, especially with Mako slugs, but once it starts to puff the consistency goes out of the window, getting worse with heavier or tighter pellets - to be expected given the extra resistance before the pellet gets moving.

Cheers

Steve

2. Bladesmith

Bladesmith Big Poster

Does there feel like the button pushes in to easy you should feel some resistance on the rubber

3. stevew71

There was always a little resistance on fitting/removal, an even drag. This last time there was a definite 'stop' (using better grade o-rings) as on refitting for the last few mm that required a firmer push that 'popped' the adjuster home

4. dodgyeye

dodgyeye Donator

I've noticed that occasionally and put it down to it being restricted to 12ftlb, TP, adjuster wheel and anti tamper brass bung bleeding off power to meet UK restrictions. I see no power loss within 12 ftlb from it doing it. It might only be when it's filled up to the limit, as can't say I've noticed it at lower power air pressure levels.

I read that the wheel adjuster only really for full power over 12 ftlb countries, as it doesn't do much at all at UK power levels. I think that's from the Kral manual I'll try and dig it out.

I haven't had mine apart so AT brass bung still in place, had mine brand new so lifetime warranty from shop, so can't comment on internals.

5. Wayforward

Wayforward Engaging Member

Is the full power setting actually full power on yours? When I was fettling mine I noticed that the port was fully open 1 position back.

6. stevew71

yes. based on threads I've read I was quite surprised that all the ports line up

7. Wayforward

Wayforward Engaging Member

I guess a chrono test will tell for sure.

8. ZAKDINGEL

ZAKDINGEL Busy Member

The power adjuster dose nothing on a 12flb model it only is adjustable on the Fac models I was told this by range right when I bought one mine was back a forth with leaks and accuracy issues more than stripe on a tiger :rolleyes:

9. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

Yes it does. My friend brought his around to mine and it went from 11flb to about 3 if I remember, could have been a little less. It was a new model with the improvements

10. ZAKDINGEL

ZAKDINGEL Busy Member

Maybes they do now but I had one of the first ones and it done nothing then again I had nothing but trouble with it so maybes it was knackered ?? it would even move that's why I asked range right they reply was that's because its not a fac model as they were a brand new gun to the uk market I had to take they word on this --it was sold after the fourth time back from them the leaks

11. Peddy

Peddy Busy Member

I had same problem with a puff of air from the adjustment wheel. Replaced the seals with a coating of silicon grease all over the adjuster, not had a problem since. Maybe try a harder seal day shore 90. Size wise I can’t check if I have any spares for a week.

12. Peddy

Peddy Busy Member

1.6x3.1mm from a quick search

13. stevew71

Cheers @Peddy - I'll delve into the "box o' spares" and see what I have amongst the o-rings. I was considering going up a notch on the thickness to see if it helped