1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kozak

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by telephonepete, Feb 11, 2019.

1. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

I am getting rather intrigued about the kozak. What are they like and how do they compare with the hw 100. Oh and the best price would be good please.

foxtrott likes this.
  2. bucketboy

bucketboy Keyboard Hero

Contact tonyB55, he has one.

Bb

3. rich79

rich79 Donator

They seem to be getting more popular, an rfd near me asked on FB if anyone would be interested if the stocked them!

4. Petay

Petay Donator

Can't comment on a Kozak but i do have the Hortitsia which i believe shares the same barrel, magazine system and regulator as the Kozak.

I also have a HW100.

Hortitsia stock is a little basic in the finish department but shoulders pretty well.

If I had shot my Hortitsia before I bought my HW100 I would never have bought the HW100 and in reality if I didn't have so much invested in my HW100 i'd sell it on.

The HW100 has a marginally more refined fit and feel and the cocking and magazine system are slightly better executed but its marginal.

My Hortitsia probably groups a tad better than my Hw100 if i was being brutally honest.

As mentioned I have not shot a Kozak so really can't comment on it but I would throughly recommend Zbroia rifles in general to people. As i have said previously they are good guns full stop and not just good guns for the money.

As for price, can't really help as you are in the depths of the SW but speak to @dancza and see if there is anything he can do for you.

5. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Having owned several HW100s and owning a Hortitsia now, I concur....

Harley_Steve and psycho inside like this.
  6. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

The 100 moved on when the Kozak moved in.

psycho inside and foxtrott like this.
  7. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Wow didnt expect that. Still waiting for somebody with a Kozak. Thanks.

8. The burpster

The burpster Engaging Member

I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison the 100v Kozak as they are currently two different formats (carbine v bull pup).
    I own 3 100s and have played with a kozak and hortisia both of which are quality acts. They remind me of the BSA Scorpion I used to own, a little rough around the edges but undoubtedly accurate and functional especially when you factor in what they cost.
    Will they still be around and selling well and in the numbers the 100 has in 15 years? Well time will tell on that one but the 100 was so ahead of its time that in reality it’s only the last 5 years perhaps, that the rest that are still around have caught up.

What would be a far more objective comparison would be, Kozak v Webley Mastiff v 100 Bullpup (when it emerges!).

9. dancza

dancza Donator

My ears are burning.. ;)

The Kozak's are a lovely bit of kit and as Petay has mentioned they share the same barrel and magazine design as the Hortitsia. Accuracy-wise they'll happily stand up to pretty much anything out there and the adjustable cheek piece is a lovely little added bonus especially compared to most other bullpups out there that lack a cheekpiece altogether (I'm looking at you P15).

The other nice thing about these is that although they can be spec'd with a Walther barrel the standard Ukrainian barrel is really superb and it'll save you quite a bit of dosh.

The only minor niggle with the Kozak and the Hortitsia is that the mag cycling arm is quite thin, it won't be a problem if you load the rifle sensibly but if the mag is slammed home it can straighten the arm out. It's a simple fix but as long as you don't load the rifle like a gorilla it should be flawless.

The triggers on the Zbroia's are lovely as well especially if you like a light trigger, if you're a bit of a target shooter like Petay though you might want to adjust it a bit out of the box as they are a bit like a light single stage to start with.

They're cracking rifles to be honest Pete and if you're ever in the Essex area give me a shout and you can have a play with one yourself, you won't be disappointed.:thumb:

foxtrott, PumpnGun and ibo7 like this.
  10. Crash one

Crash one Busy Member

There are numerous (12 or 15) people on this forum who have the Kozak and have raved about them from accuracy, build quality, reliability, straight out the box perfect, price, etc.
    I have one, 22 short barrel. And will say the same.
    I however do not have an HW 100 to compare it with, nor anything else other than a leaky, unreliable SMK XS78 that let me down too often!
    So I am no expert at this game.
    The Kozak, in my opinion, is perfectly capable, requiring no fiddling, faffing, fettling, or ‘kin about with.
    There seem to be people who can’t believe the Kozak is that good.
    So be it.
    All I wanted was an accurate , reliable gun that looks nice and does the job. That’s what I’ve got!

foxtrott, Rikki1984 and PumpnGun like this.
  11. rich79

rich79 Donator

But isn't the kozak a semi bullpup? So it's always going to have a cheekpiece, the P15 is a full on bullpup so you're always going to have your face on the action!
    From a unashamed P15 owner.

Tim_B and dancza like this.
  12. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

Can’t see the Diana Skyhawks competing with the Kozaks can you ..

Looks like the Kozaks are taking over! Join the revolution:D (I will be getting one soon)

13. Blister

Blister Engaging Member

cant say about hw100 but the kozak is up there with the big boys (fx wildcat) for half the price.
    im really happy with my kozak owned for 5 months

foxtrott likes this.
  14. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

I can’t fault mine. I’ve moved on other rifles as I don’t see the need for them like a Hw100 and a FX Streamline. I do like bullpups but not an out an out supporter, I still like a traditional rifle.

Very good shot count
    Accurate
    Shoulders nice (for me)
    Doesn’t seem to be too pellet fussy, ive tried about 10 different types

grey squizers don’t like it though.....

15. Robs321

Robs321 Donator

I have both, I like the little Kozzie for using in my pop up hide. It shoulders well, is very accurate and time will tell how reliable it is.
    The HW100 does it all as well, but has a more refined cocking system. They are two totally different guns, ill be keeping my 100 though!

16. Trystau

Trystau Member

I'm one who has both ( see profile pic:)) both shoot beautiful , I came to get my Kozak as I wanted a bullpup and the kozak fit the bill, I will say tho I have had mine a week and the Kozak is going back to the RFD as it's chronographing at 10.5 ftlbs and I'm only getting 40 shots from a 200bar fill that can't be right I also have issues with the shroud threads so hopefully they can all be sorted easy and with the Kozak having a 2 year manufacturer warranty if you do like me have issues your covered. But like everyone has said the Kozak is shooting well above its cost and I think the HW will take a back seat a bit from now on

17. Simonsays

Simonsays Donator

Check out my review on this forum.

18. snipperuk

snipperuk Donator

Kozaks not a semi ..... it's same size if not a shade smaller than the P15
    20180529_180515.jpg

19. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

When i sold my 2 100,s i said no more pc,s. I am a bit tempted but that would mean selling 2 of my much loved springers.

20. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Quite a few happy owners :thumb:

Ray