1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kozack Valuation Px At Rfd

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Ashley keylock, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Ashley keylock

Ashley keylock Ashley keylock

Hi chaps, looking for a realistic valuation of a kozack I’m thinking of part exing at an RFD. Its in .177, made late 2018, has no leaks and no issues, not perfect condition, but certainly not rough. Comes with 2 mags, filling probes, carry case, and original box. Also receipt of sale from countryway.
    Forgot to say I’m looking to part ex against a bsa ultra se which is on the RFDs site at £475.
    many thanks.

2. Herbie87

Herbie87 Posting Addict

I'd try a private sale. The Kozak is quite sought after at the moment where there are no new rifles available (due to the regulator update I believe) so I don't think you'd struggle to find a buyer.

I've no idea what you're looking at as a part exchange, but privately I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get £380-£400 back for a standard rifle without an aftermarket regulator.

3. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Agree with the above for a great condition one.....why you giving up on it mate?

Ashley keylock likes this.
  4. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

RFD will be way lower than you can get second hand privately. As @Herbie87 says, the market is strong for kozaks. The BSA Ultra you plan to get will still be there when you have sold - don't rush into it.

Out of interest, there can't be that much difference in the kozaj and ultra for weight - is it just a new gun itch or a reason you are going for an ultra? Just curious.

Ashley keylock and Herbie87 like this.
  5. Ashley keylock

Yes, new gun itch, I really like the style of the ultra, I love the Kozack and it works perfectly well.
    Not sure I’d get view through the NV with the ultra though, not a problem with the Kozack as the comb is adjustable.

billy.whizz and Herbie87 like this.
  6. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Buy a wooden stocked Ultra and have Nobby cut the cheek piece :D

7. Herbie87

Herbie87 Posting Addict

It's not a trade I'd be happy making unless money was coming back my way (although I have been looking to swap the Kozak for something in .22).

Ultra looks the better of the two being a traditional rifle, but that is probably it. It sounds like you're using it for hunting, and you won't see it in the dark anyway :D
    Kozak has better mag system, higher shot count, arguably more accurate. :shrug:

billy.whizz and Ashley keylock like this.
  8. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

As herbie said. Consider shot count also. Im only getting 35 shots in the sweet spot, on my ultra se. Admitedley its running right on the limit so plan to wind it back a bit this weekend.

For me its not an issue as ive never took 30 shots in one night before, but shot count may affect your shooting.

foxtrott and Ashley keylock like this.
  9. Ashley keylock

Thanks Herbie, I know what you mean, my kozack works perfectly and I’m using it regularly on the rats, it’s perfect for the job, but them ultras are very pretty compared to it. But your right, I use it for hunting and the occasional plinking, live on 600 acres, very rarely shoot with anyone else so why have a cabinet queen.
    Going to try the Mrs later to see if she’ll release some funds so I can buy it. She should have her flowers delivered at work sometime today,
    So will sweet talk her later.

Jonkem and Herbie87 like this.
  10. Jonkem

Jonkem Keyboard Hero

I also wouldn't consider it a good deal going from a kojak to a BSA unless you were being handed £200 as well as the gun for the trade.
    Just get over the impulse to change for the sake of changing, you'll end up paying through the nose when you realise you need another kozak in your life .

billy.whizz and Ashley keylock like this.
  11. Auracana

Auracana Busy Member

If you can I would try one out and compare before committing. What looks nice may not suit you in real life.....

I have PM'd you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  12. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Heres what I own currently....
    FX Crown.
    Fx Impact.
    HW100.
    TBT 97k.
    Kozak.

I'd get rid of all the others before I got rid of the Kozzie....'for me' its THAT good :thumb:

13. Ashley keylock

Thanks jukebox, I agree they are brilliant little things, and still very pleased with it, just really like the look of an ultra, I think I’ll take all you guys advice, keep the Kozack and try to fund an ultra another way.
    Thanks everyone for talking some sense into me.

Jukebox and billy.whizz like this.
  14. billy.whizz

billy.whizz Posting Addict

Ashley,i know what its like when you've got an itch:p, but the kozak will outshoot the ultra all day long ,despite its few problems its a far better rifle than the bsa ultra. as all the above have said . I was playing around with mine last week at the range ,I used the kozak too shoot a bench rest card (I shoot bench rest in competition). there was very little in it against the rifle I shoot benchrest normaly. my 2 p worth, you will regret it if you sell it .

foxtrott, Ashley keylock and Jukebox like this.
  15. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

I bought a ultra recently and took it back I would certainly not buy one with out it been worked on by a reputable tuner I've had many bsa rifle and was a big fan of them but certainly not the new rubbish I stuck to what I have instead

I still always look at rifles and think I'd like that one or this one but I have 2 pcp's that work very well and set up how I want them so I find it hard to buy another only rifle I have a big itch for is a impact

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. TR158

TR158 Posting Addict

Adhering to the two thirds law, as most people will when buying used, I would say circa £330 (rifle only) in excellent condition, considering new they are £500.

foxtrott, Jukebox and billy.whizz like this.
  17. billy.whizz

billy.whizz Posting Addict

if I ever put mine up for sale it would be at the new asking price £500 , you cant get one at the moment (new).zbroia are still faffing around with a redesign . besides if the rifle is unmarked and has been sorted and shoots better than a new one.

Ashley keylock and Herbie87 like this.
  18. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Could I hit it again? You'll never know :)

I'll bear that in mind- never really got one with mine, especially after a few others came in, so its joining the ever growing list of guns i intend selling. One day. Probably.

19. Herbie87

Herbie87 Posting Addict

It's not .22 by any chance is it? :D

Marky-Boy likes this.
  20. Figgy

Figgy Posting Addict

Funny this can't get a kozac stuff. One for sale on here and not sold so been reduced.