1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Knife For Cleaning Rabbits

Discussion in 'Knives & Tools' started by Jukebox, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Decent knife suggestions please for cleaning rabbits?
    Something that's sharp and requires little maintenance and not crazy money..say sub £40??

All sensible suggestions welcomed :D:thumb:

2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Jukebox, TheNewbieShooter and ibo7 like this.
  3. Scots Bob

Scots Bob Donator

Opinal works for me:thumb:

Jukebox and rizla1 like this.
  4. DUNKS

DUNKS Keyboard Hero

Opinal.

Jukebox likes this.
  5. mk2

mk2 Engaging Member

Another Opinal user :thumb:

Jukebox likes this.
  6. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Mora for me too, £6-7 and great quality. I know a few bushcraft guys that use them and they won't use anything that's not dependable

Jukebox likes this.
  7. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Very Active

Redcap 114 and Jukebox like this.
  8. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

I use Opinel knives, but find that the wooden handles get too slippery when wet and need roughing up a bit. Since doing this ...

20190709_233355.jpg

three years ago when jointing a bunny, I now appreciate the extra grip a knife like the Mora gives :up:

Wacko74, Redcap 114, Jukebox and 2 others like this.
  9. I have both the mora and the opinel and i find the mora much better, razor sharp from new its got a bigger rubber handle giving much better grip than the opinel and the knife is also a fixed blade so is very sturdy in the hand, where as the opinel yes its sharp but the blade is a very fine the handle not the greatest (slim and smooth) and doesnt feel nowhere near as strong and sturdy like the mora. I would pick the mora in this situation.
    Imo the mora should technically be a higher priced blade because what you get is a great knife for a very low price they virtually give them away

Jukebox likes this.
  10. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Very Active

I had a red mora zip tied to the rails on the front of my sea going fast fishing boat for ages...
    To cut the anchor rope if things went pear shape

It survived being out in the elements moored in a saltwater harbour for a long time.., I still have it in my tackle box now

Excellent tools:thumb:

Jukebox likes this.
  11. rizla1

rizla1 hi

Openal for me, cheep and sharp :thumb:

Jukebox likes this.
  12. I guess yours was the stainless version with you using it at sea, mines the carbon version and its so easy to get back razor sharp, just a couple of minutes now that ive learnt to use my dc3 stone.

Jukebox likes this.
  13. The mora is about the same price as the opinel. Tbh they are both razor sharp when you buy them but the opinel being a finer blade cuts the paper test better, but i find the mora the better out the two and the reason is having a grippy handle to stop the above image happening

Jukebox and rizla1 like this.
  14. rizla1

rizla1 hi

I have a mora aswell and they are much better, i use it in the house and carry an openal when out shooting

Jukebox and TheNewbieShooter like this.
  15. What size opinel do you use in the field

rizla1 and Jukebox like this.
  16. Jukebox

Cheers lads....already have an Opinel but as already said it doesn't give the greatest confidence with the smooth handle.
    I'm also not that convinced with the locking system it uses but that's probably just a me thing.
    I'll look at getting a Mora knife and report back.
    :thumb:

17. DUNKS

DUNKS Keyboard Hero

The OP asks FOR CLEANING RABBITS Not for jointing. Mora obviously for jointing. But for The small cut needed for gutting the smallest Opinel will do the trick

rizla1 and Jukebox like this.
  18. Jukebox

Cheers Dunks :thumb:
    I'll pick a few more opinels up and order a few of the Mora knives as well later.
    I quite fancy one of the opinel saw blades as well, after watching some bloke with a catapult on YouTube use one :thumb:

19. Redcap 114

Redcap 114 Donator (Les)

From Hartlepool, now in, Leigh-on-Sea Essex
    Ouch, that looked nasty.

Les.

TheNewbieShooter likes this.
  20. Scots Bob

Scots Bob Donator

Opinal no6 for me only use for paunching

rizla1 and TheNewbieShooter like this.