1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Warning Kids !

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by QuoVadis69, Jul 14, 2019.

1. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

" Daddy can I get a better gun than the "" Green Gun " ?

I was hit with this last night as we were all having dinner. The question came from Kayla my 11 yo 2nd offspring.

The Green Gun in question is a previous favourite of mine - an AA S510 US in .177 wearing a custom Tilly stock coupled with an MTC Connect 3-12x32 scope.

20181003_153619B.jpg

( I'm aware the scope in the pic is a SW. )

To say I did not see that coming would be somewhat of an understatement.

Apart from the obvious question of which rifle would meet her needs/demands I'm left wondering if the mistake was mine originally to let her take her pick of my collection instead of letting her cut her teeth on something more basic . . . .

My eldest also surprised me but in a different manner. He's home for the summer from uni and shoots with us whenever he can. He liked my Wolverine C I had but I was indifferent to it and sold it when he went back to uni at the end of last summer. I replaced it with the RedWolf thinking it would be an upgrade but we were both surprised when neither of us gelled with it.

As my collection has grown considerably since he last shot with us I lined up some of the recent acquisitions that I thought worthy for consideration and boy was I surprised. He liked the Wildcat for its looks and handling. He loved the GC stock and the rapid fire fun of the Steyrs. The Ripley was praised for it's looks but more so for it's feel and overall quality. His favourite was however the Pink Panther ( Hw100 ). The combination of the 100 action mated to the fully adjustable FORM stock and the Hawke Sidewinder made it a winning combination for him. The single shot loader lifted to another level !

I was taken aback to say the least. As many of you know I've been having a blast with the Steyrs and fully expected him to do the same hence I held onto the .22 when I got the preferred .177 expecting to have some father and son rapid fire shoot outs. They could only manage 3rd place above the Wildcat.:shrug:

So credit to @Aussiethunder for his creation which has impressed everyone who has tried it. But the fact that a 20 yo lad prefers a " sensible " gun while his father would rather play with the " hooligan gun " has left me wondering what says about me ??? :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    ibo7, Howlin Wolf, Marky-Boy and 3 others like this.
  2. Ruffian

Ruffian Engaging Member

I dont know what it says really but all I can say is

That's one pretty s510.
    Does looks great. Makes me think my r10 is far too bland.

Marky-Boy and QuoVadis69 like this.
  3. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Thanks @Ruffian it's a lovely stock both to use or just admire. If you want to take your favourite rifle to the next level I whole heartedly recommend you having a chat with @tillygti6. :up:

4. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Keyboard Hero

My nephew, who I've taught to shoot and now uses all of my rifles, and I had a go on some expensive(a grand plus) pcp rifles at a country fair last September. He asked if we were going to be upgrading and seemed disappointed when I told him fine but he had to pay for them.

QuoVadis69 likes this.
  5. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Funny that. :p

There's no question in my daughter's mind who'll pay for her upgrade though ! :facepalm:

Howlin Wolf and Felixlogs like this.
  6. Howlin Wolf

Howlin Wolf Busy Member

Kids!

Chloë, my youngest (10) won't entertain my guns at all! Tried everything to get her interested and she won't even shoulder them.

There was an 11yr old girl with her dad at Byley FT today shooting brilliantly with an S400... absolute credit to her dad.

Sounds like you have your hands full mate!

QuoVadis69 and Pete236 like this.
  7. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

I'm hoping against hope that I can be a bad influence on my niece who is due in September. My sister is very townie, indoors, disinfect everything and not a spec of dirt anywhere - the poor kid will need some muck and excitement in her life so I'll do my best!

8. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful that all 3 of my kids likes to shoot with me ( even if the girls are only fair weather shooters ). I'm just wondering if by giving them the pick of my collection I've inadvertently spoilt them by setting the bar so high. Megan my youngest ( 9 yo ) has claimed the Warren Edwards stock to go with my other S510.

However I'm quietly proudly of my eldest - he had shown great maturity in his choice of the sensible rifle ( Pink Panther ) over the hooligan gun ( Steyr ). :)

Pete236 and Howlin Wolf like this.
  9. Howlin Wolf

Howlin Wolf Busy Member

I'd be proud too mate... credit to you!
    And yes, you probably have spoiled them, but it's allowed! :thumb:

QuoVadis69 likes this.
  10. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Hope you get a chance to show her what her parents are missing out on mate - you'll be a great uncle I can tell already. :up:

Howlin Wolf and Pete236 like this.
  11. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Sorry @hamza the Pink Panther is not for sale ( at least for the duration of the summer ). I sold his favourite rifle the Wolverine last year and I think he's only just forgiven me for it now that I've got the PP. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    hamza likes this.
  12. hamza

hamza breaking strain of a kit kat

Haha. Shame, so it might be for sale after the summer huh?

QuoVadis69 likes this.
  13. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

All depends how much he loves it but he likes the Ripley almost as much and he said he'd be happy to shoot both the Steyrs and the Cats so who knows . . . :shrug: :rolleyes:

Howlin Wolf likes this.
  14. hamza

hamza breaking strain of a kit kat

I’ll nudge you again later in the year then :p

Quite curious to know what Kayla would like for a better gun though!

I need to come shoot with you at your local range one day I think. Quite fancy trying out a Cat too. If you bring your kids I could bring my daughter too. Only 3 but already enjoys shooting with me.

QuoVadis69 likes this.
  15. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Np. You'll be the 1st to know if I do let her go - the PP not my daughter . . . . :p

I'm dreading what she'll pick next as she's got expensive taste ! :eek:

Just compile a list of what you want to try and I'll endeavour to bring them with me. ;)

hamza likes this.